• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Carrick

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We're apparently being linked with a move for Carrick when his contract expires in the summer. The 34 year old will be 35 in July and this will be the 4th time Wenger will make an attempt to sign the English midfielder.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-eye-transfer-manchester-uniteds-7381643

Hmmm....... he'd be a much better back up than Arteta/Flamini would be. Possibly someone Elneny could learn from for a year or so too. I can understand why many would be against it though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This would be such a backwards signing. We need a long term player in this position, not another stopgap. Unless Elneny really is the guy. If so, then boy.....

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
A sick joke for a sick note.

No way in hell should we sign him.
We're all glad to get rid of Flamini, Arteta and Rosicky in summer, no need to directly replace one of them, even if it's Carrick.

I think that's just a piss take.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
This season has shown that the Premier League is no place for ageing and slow midfielders.

We need power, aggression and energy in the middle of the pitch, not yet another passive ball playing midfielder.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If it was in addition to another CM we were brining in then it would a useful signing, how are his injuries these days?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Either:

1. Wenger is preparing to leave and is saving all our money for the next manager, as we won't be bringing in more than one CM.

OR

2. Kroenke is a **** and has give him a budget of about £50m for the summer.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If we did this, which I'm almost certain we wouldn't, it would indicate one of 2 things.

1) Kroenke has the Arsenal wallet safely stick down his trousers.

2) Wenger has completely lost the plot and should be sectioned ASAP

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't think it'll happen but it's not like we're gonna be spending huge money on a DM this summer. Wenger is happy with Coquelin and just signed Elney, for me it's either we extent Flaminis* contract or we make a signing like this....... I know which I'd prefer.

This would have absolutely nothing to do with Kroenke, think people need to get that out of their heads, Wenger has money to spend and he has the final say on whether he spends it and who he spends it on.

*I'm assuming Arteta is leaving no matter what.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom