• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📞 Clubs in talks Mohamed Elneny (Out)

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don’t see us letting him go unfortunately. Partey as it stands is a crock, and with him out there is no one but Xhaka and Lokonga.

With Xhaka’s suspension it leaves only Elneny and Lokonga who can play. It’s a risk our board wouldn’t take, and what would the bid even be? Just let him leave for free next summer, Cedric is the player there’s no point keeping.

tcahill

I don't think we can get rid of him if that only leaves us with 3 midfielders.

As long as our management remember that he should be sold as soon as we can get in another CM, and not extend his contract.

Pepesuave

I don’t see us letting him go unfortunately. Partey as it stands is a crock, and with him out there is no one but Xhaka and Lokonga.

With Xhaka’s suspension it leaves only Elneny and Lokonga who can play. It’s a risk our board wouldn’t take, and what would the bid even be? Just let him leave for free next summer, Cedric is the player there’s no point keeping.
Surely AMN is now ahead of him in the midfield pecking order

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Premier League Football GIF by BT Sport

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
This thread has been running since 2017 for goodness sake.

Think he will stay beyond the 7th, and play the backup role in midfield. We should just let him leave on a free come end of his contract in 2022.
Don't you mean offer him a new 2 year deal so we can sell him for value?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We can't sell him now even for cheap, because we didn't buy another midfielder, unless Arteta does the unthinkable and has planned AMN at CMF.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Chambers is better at DM and with Elneny gone AMN chance will increase that what we promise him
That's a good point, only that he hasn't played there for a long time.

He did try AMN at midfield in the cup game from bench, so there's hoping.

I'd rather try AMN there in easier matches to see if he can do it, than Elneny who will leave soon anyway, so AMN might up his value, and he has more upside.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That's a good point, only that he hasn't played there for a long time.

He did try AMN at midfield in the cup game from bench, so there's hoping.

I'd rather try AMN there in easier matches to see if he can do it, than Elneny who will leave soon anyway, so AMN might up his value, and he has more upside.
Its not great situation but we need to move on from likes of Elneny I'd have preferred we bought midfielder because of i don't trust xhaka discipline and Partey fitness.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Well at least this makes Niles slightly more likely to play games, hope this happens.

If Partey can't get fit, wouldn't mind just giving Lokonga and Niles the midfield spots...don't have any real hope this season, so might as well develop young players, instead of watching a 29 year old Xhaka make the same mistakes he has been making since 2016.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Interest, too early to tell if things are going forward or not.

Can't see us letting him go with so little options in central midfield, unless we see Chambers as an option along with AMN.

Also: turkish sources.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Interest, too early to tell if things are going forward or not.

Can't see us letting him go with so little options in central midfield, unless we see Chambers as an option along with AMN.

Also: turkish sources.
Aspor and NTV are the main sources but at the moment it's early stages

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This is the kind of thing we brought Arteta in for. Very simple stuff prioritising talent over experience. But he has sided with average players who have already reached their ceilings.

I hope we properly move away from this, we have shown it with our signings but that doesn’t mean Arteta is going to change the way he makes team selections going forward…

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom