• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moises Caicedo

Would you meet the £80m asking price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Okay but who?

Rice + Caicedo would significantly lessen the burden defensively for that 3rd player, maybe even given the FBs even more freedom to roam further up the pitch.

Not unreasonable to expect someone like Vieira to kick on either, dude didn't even have a pre-season due to injury while trying to settle in a new league. Also got ESR returning to the fold after countless injury problems.

I personally think Rice will surprise people with his end product if he's allowed to play in the Xhaka role, but that's obviously speculation based on what I've seen from him etc, no guarantees there.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Even if we sign Caicedo and Rice.

Who replaces Xhaka’s attacking attributes?

gundogan-davinson-sanchez.gif

Gündoğan, Caicedo, Rice and Cancelo with Xhaka, Partey and Tierney departing. Get a striker and that would be a 9/10 window.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Zinchenko, Smith Rowe, Trossard, perhaps Havertz and Saka if we are mad enough this summer.

Rice and Caicedo opens up possibilities for our players.
Even rice and caicedo if they play as high up as xhaka this season can get 7 league goals. Xhaka this season got as many league goals as the last 4 season because of the position change

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Give Zinchenko more freedom, and have more defensive stability with a double pivot since we scored plenty, but conceded too much.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Even rice and caicedo if they play as high up as xhaka this season can get 7 league goals. Xhaka this season got as many league goals as the last 4 season because of the position change

Think this is also a fair point. People underestimate how impactful the positional change to Xhaka's role was vs. his actual footballing ability.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Yes good point, I was going to add to my comment by raising the fact that we can also still play a physical ball winner, as Xhaka was up there as well.

Raicedo are defenders first, but they are also creative players who have good engines. This is why they are so valued in the market.

If we get them both ( I know I know Rasmi), we will be in great shape.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Xhaka's goals didn't exactly come from his individual brilliance. Anyone who plays that role is going to find themselves in space with the space opened by Jesus and Martinelli. Rice or Caicedo could play there and probably score a similar amount of goals. It could also be the case that the system is tweaked to free up someone like Zinchenko to focus on attack with Rice covering LB instead and with his technical quality he could easily score the number of goals Xhaka did. Xhaka was the weakest link in the attack because he's by far the weakest technically and in tight spaces of all of the attacking players. A lot of chances died at his feet simply because he's not quick enough on the ball. Both Rice and Caicedo are an improvement there let alone a Gundo or Simons type signing that could play there as well.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Xhaka's goals didn't exactly come from his individual brilliance. Anyone who plays that role is going to find themselves in space with the space opened by Jesus and Martinelli. Rice or Caicedo could play there and probably score a similar amount of goals. It could also be the case that the system is tweaked to free up someone like Zinchenko to focus on attack with Rice covering LB instead and with his technical quality he could easily score the number of goals Xhaka did. Xhaka was the weakest link in the attack because he's by far the weakest technically and in tight spaces of all of the attacking players. A lot of chances died at his feet simply because he's not quick enough on the ball. Both Rice and Caicedo are an improvement there let alone a Gundo or Simons type signing that could play there as well.

To add to this, think people also underrate how many chances you're going to generate by the significant upgrade in terms of ball winning in midfield. Caicedo and Rice are both absolutely elite in terms of winning duels and sniffing out passing lanes.

An intriguing prospect considering the strengths of Martinelli on the break, especially against strong opponents.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
To add to this, think people also underrate how many chances you're going to generate by the significant upgrade in terms of ball winning in midfield. Caicedo and Rice are both absolutely elite in terms of winning duels and sniffing out passing lanes.

An intriguing prospect considering the strengths of Martinelli on the break, especially against strong opponents.
100%. Having that kind of pace and power in midfield will generate more turnovers, make the press far more effective and create far more chances against unsettled defenses.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Just looked, not surprising. Wilshere had a terrible time with us because of injuries etc. but he's always spoken quite highly of Dec.

Assures me even more Arsenal see him in a role similar to Xhaka's, plenty of ex-pros have said the same thing but there are overweight nose picking bogey-eating AM members that say he can't do anything but tackle.

Makes you wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom