Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 1, 2019.

1. roz

roz Well-Known Member

Should have signed ZAha ffs

DasBootist likes this.
  2. thierrytheking14

thierrytheking14 Well-Known Member

3. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Building that momentum.

Trilly likes this.
  4. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

All I can think of, is what a bellend Emery is.

5. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

He was the best up and coming winger on the market aside from Sancho, who wasn't for sale. Of course 70 is too much but thats how it is these days. We've always criticized the board for not overpaying for good players so I'm confused why people are upset that we've finally done it.

6. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

If people get upset when Pepe gives the ball away then they would not be happy with zaha. Pepe is more creative and a better playmaker imo.

7. ThisFather

ThisFather Fan of Alpha Males

Showed that he's got that special spark that only special players have. It's clearly been an adapting/confidence issue. The good thing is that this type of problem usually fixes itself with time.

Eaststander74 likes this.
  8. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Nice Thierry goal. :bounce:

El Duderino likes this.
  9. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

Good second half today, played really well.

10. ScotsGooner89

ScotsGooner89 Active Member

Pepe is a luxury player, he is gonna have bad games, even a bad run of games. As long as he can provide some magic like his goal and assist tonight he should be playing...every single game.

If your gonna drop one of the luxury players it’s Özil so you can get another workhorse type in the centre of the pitch.

11. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Please be the start of something, first 60 mins of fans commenting on him in the match day thread was a disgrace.

12. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Gervinho 1.5

13. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

He has that x factor.. If there's one player who can create a goal out of nothing in our team it's him.

Eaststander74 likes this.
  14. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

I'm not gonna bother looking as match day threads on this forum are a joke, but even in the first 60 minutes he was literally our best attacking players trying to make things happen and causing problems. Linking up well with AMN.

Anyways his goal was brilliant, I just knew from the position he got the ball in that it was ending up in the top corner. Weird how getting him in those positions can get the best out of him as opposed to Emery wanting him to take the ball from our defensive third and just run the length of the pitch. The assist was class too.

15. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

16. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

We don't need much funding tbh

Sammy1887 likes this.
  17. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

He made alot of errors today but also was our main attacking threat. Thos errors will decrease as he gets used to the league.

Red London and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Hard to hate the fellah when he finish like old school strikers used to do. You don't see this often anymore in modern football!

Hopefully its a start of something but my argument has always been he was not good enough to begin with, not a 72 M player. Hopefully he will prove me wrong and get 20 goals until end of the season!

ItWasMeBarry, Gooner416 and celestis like this.
  19. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

Real resilience shown. He was on the end of two really heavy challenges by Creswell and he kept demanding the ball and running with it. Excellent display.

20. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Yea, Cresswell iz a kunt

Eaststander74 and yybecause like this.