<

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

Consider yourself lucky that you even get a warning.

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Look check his social media the guy look happy man hopefully he kicks on

3. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Just like he was before that ridiculous former manager of ours dropped him for no reason.

I don’t even care if he loses the ball a lot, he’s more Salah than Bernado Silva and that’s just going to be part of his game.

More minutes, more touches, more confidence!

4. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Genuinely don’t understand how a manager as experienced as Emery was so clueless with attacking talent.

One of the worst managers I’ve ever been unfortunate enough to closely observe.

5. ScotsGooner89

ScotsGooner89 Active Member

and Definitely more goals

Trilly likes this.
  6. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Loved the smile on his face when he talked to Freddie coming off!

CJJ and albakos like this.
  7. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

The way he was fouled, especially that brutal flying scissor tackle. How that isn't a red is beyond me. And we didn't even get a free kick. Mike Dean is the mega **** of mega *****! Easily the worst referee in the PL and that is saying something.

CJJ, albakos and Aussie_gunner123 like this.
  8. Gooner_girl14

Gooner_girl14 Well-Known Member

I felt that he was just about to kick on after those 2 free kicks in the Europa League, then he was left in and out of the team again. Hopefully he can just get better and better from here, if we can get some sort of midfield/defensive stability going (or at least not be quite as open as we have been), we can perhaps play to our strengths, which is pretty much our front 3-4 players.

Trilly and CaseUteinberger like this.
  9. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

Gervinho would never ever...

zilfy likes this.
  10. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

The Gervinho comparisons were really pissing me off. Members using Gervinho to mock Pepe and to paint him as a flop with less than half the season having transpired. 'Oh look, they're both African and like to dribble'.

Well Pepe has one thing that Gervinho lacked @ Arsenal (err, maybe two things): BALLS

ScotsGooner89 likes this.
  11. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

The negativity about him on here looked as if he was playing in prime Arsenal with him having a 10 year experience of the league.

12. Gooner_girl14

Gooner_girl14 Well-Known Member

I was starting to get worried because I questioned whether there was something going on behind the scenes that was impeding his transition. He didn't start that well but just when he looked like he was starting to turn a corner, Emery started to leave him out again and Freddie looked like he was doing the same initially. I was thinking we've got another Özil situation on our hands... An attitude or motivation problem? A communication issue?
    His performance tonight has definitely quelled most of my worries, and Freddie has recently been more positive about him in the media. Yay.

Moah likes this.
  13. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

Let's hope for an exponential performances from now on.

14. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Keep it up Bebe!

15. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Shut me up nicely. Some really silly possession give aways though.

16. Symbia

Symbia Active Member

His dribbling ability is so underrated by even Arsenal fanbase. I agree with Robben comparison. He's more of Robben than Salah, Salah becomes outright useless when there is no space to run into while Pepe will always cut in and try to cross or even shot.

From past games defenders successfully mark him in numbers and try to foul him when dribbled.
    He will be much better if he start receiving the ball inside the box, at least defenders will hold back the attempt to hack him down. He turned that Crasswelll guy inside out but dude keep kicking him with Mike Dean predictably, happily looked the other way round.

Also, I think players around him are supposed to benefit since he tends to be always closed down. See Aubameyang's goal.

Riou likes this.
  17. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Cyber bullying is specific to certain members..

18. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Impressive that hydro has the nerve to still post in this thread. Either brave or no shame

El Duderino likes this.
  19. clovis

clovis Active Member

Not sure why everyone is getting excited. He is a space merchant and it was obvious yesterday as well..

That is why he is very good with set pieces. If you give a dead ball or time to strike the ball, he looks quality..

West Ham gave him too much time and space for both the goal and assist yesterday and he looked lost every time they pressed him..

Watch how he fails against City who are only second to Liverpool when it comes to hounding players with high press..

people shouldn’t through fits when he is compared to Gervinho. There are definite similarities.. his close control is poor and he never seems in control when he is dribbling.. a clumsy player..

The difference between the two is that his ball striking is clearly better but that’s it. He excelled in France because the midfielders and defenders over there give too much space to the attackers..

I repeat. We made a mistake by buying him especially at the price.. People who are comparing him to Robben and Salah are kidding themselves. He will never get anywhere close to their level..

The only saving grace of his transfer is that we managed to balance the books by fooling Everton to pay £35m for Iwobi who is not worth more than £3.5m.

Someone like Pepe is actually a good buy for £35m but not at the price we paid for him..

20. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Keep him in the team for Thursday, both the club and him need all the momentum we can get.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.