• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is (as it seems) relegated to a reserve player... this is a colossal waste of money. 72 million on a guy that occasionally comes of the bench and plays carabao cup games... He's had a year to integrate, Arteta doesn't seem to like him. That's a huge problem when we'll sell him on for 17 million

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You read these posts and you would think we’re talking about some 17 year old we signed.
I’d say the opposite tbh, a lot more have been disappointed in him cause of his price tag and expectations - and rightfully so. I’m one of his biggest fans on here and even I’ve conceded it looks like we’ve spent too much - considering he hasn’t been specifically requested by anybody who’s still at the club.

If he was a Hale End darling he’d have been afforded way more time to produce. The expectations would be way lower as well, we know deep down that most of them get sold.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I’d say the opposite tbh, a lot more have been disappointed in him cause of his price tag and expectations - and rightfully so. I’m one of his biggest fans on here and even I’ve conceded it looks like we’ve spent too much - considering he hasn’t been specifically requested by anybody who’s still at the club.

If he was a Hale End darling he’d have been afforded way more time to produce. The expectations would be way lower as well, we know deep down that most of them get sold.

That's a lie. I seen the way people used to lambaste Iwobi and now currently Willock. Pepe is already 25 and is the most expensive signing in the history of the club, he needs to impact games more, but it's not all his fault. The midfield lacks thrust and creativity. Until we figure that out, he will prob keep struggling to have a sustained impact. Especially when no one ever seems to spot his runs.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

That's a lie. I seen the way people used to lambaste Iwobi and now currently Willock.
Wouldn’t say it’s a lie but you raise a good point, I think it depends on who you’re talking about. Attitudes differ amongst our youth projects depending on perceived talent and what they do (or don’t do) at senior level.

I still think what I said is true though, you simply do not see the same voltage in Emile Smith-Rowes thread for example. The expectations and scepticism these players receive are very different.

Id say majority of us are eager for Pepe to kick on and prove his worth, where as our various youth players a lot of us are indifferent. Well, I am anyways.

Last edited:

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
That’s a good point, I think it depends on who you’re talking about, attitudes differ amongst our youth projects depending on perceived talent and what they do (or don’t do) at senior level.

I still think what I said is true though, you simply do not see the same voltage in Emile Smith-Rowes thread for example. The expectations and scepticism these players receive are very different.

Id say majority of us are eager for Pepe to kick on and prove his worth, where as our various youth players a lot of us are indifferent. Well, I am anyways.

Smith Rowe is also like 20 and not the most expensive signing in club history. I think many love Smith Rowe cause at his best he is very exciting to watch. Maybe they get some Ramsey vibes with him and reminisce of the past.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Smith Rowe is also like 20 and not the most expensive signing in club history. I think many love Smith Rowe cause at his best he is very exciting to watch. Maybe they get some Ramsey vibes with him and reminisce of the past.
All true, which was my point - saying Pepe gets treated like this would be a lie :lol:

I disagree with Pepe being treated like a Hale End boy. Maybe I do cause I like him as a player, but I don’t think it’s a characteristic of the forum/fans in general.

CanadianGooner1608

Fabinho, Keita came to LFC and have been slowly, patiently integrated in a settled team. I have mates from Liverpool patiently waiting for them to become better and better. Same can be said of Soyüncü.

Pepe, on the other hand, came into a disorganized, shamble of a team. Went through three manager changes, with little to no time to adapt to the league.

Truth is, players adapt to a different league differently. Some will hit the ground running, others will need time. It doesn't necessarily make the former better than the latter.

I'm not surprised Pepe is Arteta's favorite. He was directly involved in Sané and Sterling's transformations, and he is doing what should always have been done with Pepe. Take him aside, take the pressure off, coach him, give him an experienced role model of sorts from which he can learn, who will be phased out from a starting to a bench role as Pepe gets acclimated.

I have no issue with what's going on with Pepe, the best is yet to come. Of course I might be horribly wrong, and I will hold my hands up if I am, but I have little doubt that he will explode soon enough. Patience is key.

Wryer

He came to us under immense pressure. I recall the club was desperate for a signing. Any signing. He came into club with a huge price tag, and truth be told, was not a priority position to be strengthened. It was a panic buy in several ways.

Despite that, he showed flashes of what he can do. Technically brilliant, brave in execution. He doesn't always pull it off, but the creativity is obvious. He is still unsettled, but all he needs is time.

He could be our Arjen Robben.

Moah

Would really help if these Hale end feckers passed it to him
This cracked me up :lol: :lol: Never have I seen them get called out. They'll do with this kind of treatment, people are way to soft around here when it comes to Hale End.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This cracked me up :lol: :lol: Never have I seen them get called out. They'll do with this kind of treatment, people are way to soft around here he it comes to Hale End.
I think all fans should show extra patience to their academy products. It sets a good tone throughout the club, after all you want your local players who are close to the club to represent it. Nothing beats that.

edit : btw by the same token we should give time to a player like Pepe, he is clearly the type that needs a while to settle and I feel like he has just been in for a shock coming to the PL. I hope Arteta gives him a good enough chance though.

Moah

I think all fans should show extra patience to their academy products. It sets a good tone throughout the club, after all you want your local players who are close to the club to represent it. Nothing beats that.

edit : btw by the same token we should give time to a player like Pepe, he is clearly the type that needs a while to settle and I feel like he has just been in for a shock coming to the PL. I hope Arteta gives him a good enough chance though.
I agree with what you've said, I just felt the comparison was getting unfair as Pepe was getting called out for being offside.

Success of players from the academy is great for both the fans and the club. We need to give chances for our youth and help them succeed.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Would really help if these Hale end feckers passed it to him
I reckon it must be hard for them not to feel jealous or resentful when he’s probably earning around 4 times what they do.

They probably see it as taking food of each other’s table when they pass it to him :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom