• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinga

He hates him though... He’s only saying these things so he can give it ‘LOL you’re on the bench’ and watch him burn. That’s what they tell me anyway... Yeah, he hates him...

:lol: Not the first time people make assumptions and theories about Arteta only to get proven wrong. Just like that “Arteta micromanages every touch and restricts freedom” theory that got proved wrong by players coming out and saying they enjoy the freedom he gives them.
Now they’re going back to “Arteta doesn’t rate Martinelli” :lol:

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
:lol: Not the first time people make assumptions and theories about Arteta only to get proven wrong. Just like that “Arteta micromanages every touch and restricts freedom” theory that got proved wrong by players coming out and saying they enjoy the freedom he gives them.
Now they’re going back to “Arteta doesn’t rate Martinelli” :lol:
I don’t even know what’s to be gained by stirring up more ****. Our results—which have been **** recently, even if our performances have deserved better—are more than enough to be pissed about. Probably boredom I imagine. Not much to do these days so every story gets turned into a murder mystery!

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I don't think the comparison is that far fetched. Technically Pepe is at a very high level. He can manipulate the ball in a similar way to Van Persie. Could he poach? I don't know, but he loves to score. He wants to get into the box. He isn't someone who primarily creates and is happy with that.
We are mid table with auba and laca currently stinking it up. We are not competing for anything in PL. We have other options in wide positions, so it would be interesting to see Pepe given a chance.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Pepe can do stuff you just can't teach. He seems to be picking up the stuff that you can. Now as well

No doubt Pepe will be the first pick if this was street ball. He has raw talent, but on the professional level, he has a lot of chaos in his game, kinda like Sanogo.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Pepe is faster, but def not better on the ball. RVP is in a different class as a footballer to someone like Pepe.
He's a different class of footballer, nobody would disagree. But Pepe is better moving at pace with the ball and/or getting past defenders with the ball at his feet. RvP would do his best work in small spaces and his fist touch would buy him time to do whatever else.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He's a different class of footballer, nobody would disagree. But Pepe is better moving at pace with the ball and/or getting past defenders with the ball at his feet. RvP would do his best work in small spaces and his fist touch would buy him time to do whatever else.

Pepe is better moving at pace with the ball? Yeah like 40% of the time, 60% of the time he leaves the ball 10 yards behind him.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Thought he was decent last few matches, unfortunate to have been dropped. Weird for Arteta to have stuck with him for so many dreadful performances and then drop him now. Leeds should be tired on 70 minutes I guess.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why is everyone so confident he was dropped and not simply rested ahead of Thursday?

Of course that becomes a bit redundant now as Arteta will likely want to keep the same side after such a performance.

REWB

How to kill the rising form and confidence of your more expensive player... Sub in Willian instead of him in his perfect open match.

Then moan about how the player is not consistent enough. And how people abuse your boyfriend Willian in social media.

We needed someone that can actually keep the ball and defend aswell. Willian did that well when he came on. Pepe would have just tried to dribble stupidly in our half and give the ball away, in a game like this no chance Pepe can play.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
How to kill the rising form and confidence of your more expensive player... Sub in Willian instead of him in his perfect open match.

Then moan about how the player is not consistent enough. And how people abuse your boyfriend Willian in social media.
There was absolutely no excuse for starting Willian over Pepe. Leeds were opening up and conditions were ripe for Pepe to exploit that, score goals and finish off the match. The earlier Arteta lets go of his obsession with Willian, the better it is for his own career.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
We needed someone that can actually keep the ball and defend aswell. Willian did that well when he came on. Pepe would have just tried to dribble stupidly in our half and give the ball away, in a game like this no chance Pepe can play.
Are you doing a thresome with Arteta and Willian. Or you are just the sexual toy?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He needs to start on Thursday. Ødegaard to the bench for me

Pyres7

Why is everyone so confident he was dropped and not simply rested ahead of Thursday?

Of course that becomes a bit redundant now as Arteta will likely want to keep the same side after such a performance.
I doubt that, why would he be the only one rotated? Pretty much a full strength team apart from him and Laca. Saka played the whole game and he's probably the player who needs to be rested most.

Sweet'n'Soulful

And that should be all that matters.

You get the players players playing well, the team plays well as a result and then you can start finding your best and most productive eleven--something we still haven't really identified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom