• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Alioski: "Sorry I called you out pre match, it was just banter...we cool?"

Pepe: "I am sorry, but I have no idea whom you are, tbh."

EuNpZ_bXEAQ8ao-

(Arrested Development sad walk music plays)

Is it possible to dislike a post?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Alioski: "Sorry I called you out pre match, it was just banter...we cool?"

Pepe: "I am sorry, but I have no idea whom you are, tbh."

EuNpZ_bXEAQ8ao-

(Arrested Development sad walk music plays)

For all their talk about being the bigger club pre-match shows how tin pot a mentality they have where they’re trying to start some aggro over a Pepe - Alioski shove.

When Gabriel got sent off for scrapping with Diego Costa was anyone on either team going on about how it was round 2 the next time we faced each other?

Proper small time mentality.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
For all their talk about being the bigger club pre-match shows how tin pot a mentality they have where they’re trying to start some aggro over a Pepe - Alioski shove.

When Gabriel got sent off for scrapping with Diego Costa was anyone on either team going on about how it was round 2 the next time we faced each other?

Proper small time mentality.

Alioski was trying to wind Saka up during the match apparently, giving him lil' shoves here and there, a few of them were, he didn't take the bait.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I've said for ages long term he needs to find another club but that's a discussion for summer.

I will give Mikel the benefit of the doubt and assume Pepe is being rested for our important Benfica tie.
I gave Mik the benefit of the doubt and he let me down big time.

Absolutely gutted it hasn’t worked out for Pepe, but it’s not meant to be. Hopefully the next club works out better for him and he becomes the star I know he can be.

Time for me to put this thread on ignore.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think he is done here... The fact that Willian was brought in the summer should've been enough, but I still had hopes that he would have a run of good games and Arteta will change his mind.
Even after a good run, he is dropped which means it's not about the performances, it's just the fact that Arteta is an idiot

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
I reckon he'll start against City and have a really good game.

Lets not act like he's some special case. He's 25 ffs. Yes, it'd be nice to see him continue to play when he does well, and I also think that's the best way to get him to where we would like him to be. But just writing off all chances of seeing him do well just because he's been a used sub does him a big disservice.

If he's really a lost lost cause just because he's sub, then maybe we really should get rid, because a lot of people seem to have zero faith in him being able to cope with decisions. It's a squad game. He's had chances and he'll get more. This isn't Pepe FC. Getting him playing well isn't the be all and end all.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Getting him playing well isn't the be all and end all.
But he was playing well. That’s the crazy thing. Nobody is saying he should start every game but it looked like he had finally turned a corner and then he gets 10 minutes out of a possible 180? There’s no excuse for that man. None at all.

We were cruising against Leeds and Arteta brought on Willian in another (failed) attempt to play him into form. So why is it when we needed a goal he brought on Pepe today and not Willian? It’s so transparent what he’s doing.

Sweet'n'Soulful

But he was playing well. That’s the crazy thing. Nobody is saying he should start every game but it looked like he had finally turned a corner and then he gets 10 minutes out of a possible 180? There’s no excuse for that man. None at all.

We were cruising against Leeds and Arteta brought on Willian in another (failed) attempt to play him into form. So why is it when we needed a goal he brought on Pepe today and not Willian? It’s so transparent what he’s doing.
As I say, this isn't the Pepe show. If he's here, he has to be able to show up when he's asked, whether I think it's fair or the best way to get the best out of him or not. That's the reality when you're 25.

Those two scenario's you refer to is exactly why Willian (forget about 'failed attempts', they were just minutes) was correctly used in the Leeds game and Pepe, when we needed a goal, was used tonight. It makes perfect sense. Would it make more sense to you the other way around? How can you possibly twist that to being wrong or suspect in any way? :lol:

Last edited:

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
I gave Mik the benefit of the doubt and he let me down big time.

Absolutely gutted it hasn’t worked out for Pepe, but it’s not meant to be. Hopefully the next club works out better for him and he becomes the star I know he can be.

Time for me to put this thread on ignore.
The most dramatic guy, if you're depressed just say so bro

Sweet'n'Soulful

Fwiw, I think he has a better chance of doing consistently well on the left, be it from the bench or starting, than from the right at the moment. I'm not worried about his form dropping. I've got faith in him being able to analyse his performances and remain confident that he can bring it the next time in any circumstance.

I don't think the people who are most vocal about the treatment of him, rate him, tbh.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

As I say, this isn't the Pepe show. If he's here, he has to be able to show up when he's asked, whether I think it's fair or the best way to get the best out of him or not. That's the reality when you're 25.

Those two scenario's you refer to is exactly why Willian (forget about 'failed attempts', they were just minutes) was correctly used in the Leeds game and Pepe, when we needed a goal, was used tonight. It makes perfect sense. Would it make more sense to you the other way around? How can you possibly twist that to being wrong or suspect in any way? :lol:
The common sense angle makes sense. Playing Willian into form in an easy game because he trusts Pepe doesn’t need minutes. I get it, the simplest explanation is usually the right one and under any other manager I’d agree with you.

Arteta has shown clear favouritism to Willian from the jump though, let’s not forget that. Let’s not forget how long he had to stink out the joint for before he got dropped.

I believe in Pepe’s ability, as long as he plays with our quality players he’ll do okay, regardless of being brought in from the cold or not. It’s very clear that Arteta for some reason doesn’t though, and it makes me wonder.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Dissapointed with Arteta, I thought he was being rested vs Leeds so we start him here. Also, he only got 10-15mins to make a mark rather than 30. We were crap anyway we needed an attacking change at around 60'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom