• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People sticking the knife into people that tried to support Arteta, I get it, the games the game. But why isn't the same applied with this guy?

People are now revising history making out Emery was good for the club, despite the fact he got sacked with the club around 10th (where we are now) and on the brink of going out of the Europa league group stages.

Let's just say Emery was good across his whole tenure here for arguments sake. Emery didn't rate Pepe, he was even worse under Emery than he has been under Arteta. What does that say about the player if the great Unai Emery didn't fancy him? What do people see in him? His stats are rubbish under two managers now. When you watch him play he is average 1v1 and inconsistent with his finishing. Does a new manager drastically improve these aspects of his game? He's 25 ffs.

He is by no means the only problem, but people signle out Pepe because he costs the club 20 odd million a season. He is meant to be our Son/Sterling/Mane ect. I know the player can't control the price tag, but it's the reality of the situation. Financially he is a massive problem going forward.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

People sticking the knife into people that tried to support Arteta, I get it, the games the game. But why isn't the same applied with this guy?
People literally came to sh*t on this guy at fulltime :lol:

Pepe is crap and is the reason the club is in the toilet, we get it jesus christ. If only he was Sanchez to single handedly drag the club to wins every match :rolleyes:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People literally came to sh*t on this guy at fulltime :lol:

Pepe is crap and is the reason the club is in the toilet, we get it jesus christ.

I just see a significant correlation between people digging out people that weren't Arteta out in November; to people bouncing for this joker. You can't have your cake and eat it...

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I just see a significant correlation between people digging out people that weren't Arteta out in November; to people bouncing for this joker. You can't have your cake and eat it...
Same to you pal. Blame Pepe all you like but your manager is a joke and the club is still bad whether he plays or not, he's just one player.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Same to you pal, blame Pepe all you like, your manager is a joke and the club is still bad whether he plays or not, he's just one player.

I blame the manager and all of the players, it's not an either or and dont know why you frame the argument in that manner. I suppose it's easier that way, divide and conquer and all of that.

The manager has obviously failed, and the group of players are obviously not very good either.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I blame the manager and all of the players, it's not an either or and dont know why you frame the argument in that manner. I suppose it's easier that way, divide and conquer and all of that.

The manager has obviously failed, and the group of players are obviously not very good either.
Well, thats where we disagree. We were beaten by our former manager and a club with worse players, players we don't even want like Coquelin and etc. Our players are better than Villareals period.

Take Pepe out of the equation as there are a couple of players who can play his position like Martinelli or Reiss Nelson, if Pepe was that terribad he doesn't have to play, so this falls on the manager unfortunately.

You Arteta guys are so desperate looking for someone to blame, you come in here singling out the 72 mil player that Arteta didn't even sign and getting mad cause Pepe can't single handedly fix the club. It's a bit pathetic.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You guys that come in cussing Pepe - or whoever else in the team - get it through your heads:

You can spend as much as you like and sign whoever, they will come here and be bad because the club is sh*t and the structure to succeed just isn't here.

Partey is a proven and solid pro and look at the state of him.
Look at Gabriel compared to when he joined, washed.
Come look at your heroes Saka and ESR, looking bun nowadays.
Willian didn't look this bad at Chelsea

I'm not even going to go onto all the young players on loan at the moment, that's a whole other thread.

Just open your eyes and allow the agenda man, your manager is sh*t and the overall structure at the club is doodoo - please stop blaming the individuals.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

People are now revising history making out Emery was good for the club, despite the fact he got sacked with the club around 10th (where we are now) and on the brink of going out of the Europa league group stages.

Let's just say Emery was good across his whole tenure here for arguments sake. Emery didn't rate Pepe, he was even worse under Emery than he has been under Arteta. What does that say about the player if the great Unai Emery didn't fancy him? What do people see in him? His stats are rubbish under two managers now. When you watch him play he is average 1v1 and inconsistent with his finishing. Does a new manager drastically improve these aspects of his game? He's 25 ffs.

He is by no means the only problem, but people signle out Pepe because he costs the club 20 odd million a season. He is meant to be our Son/Sterling/Mane ect. I know the player can't control the price tag, but it's the reality of the situation. Financially he is a massive problem going forward.

Good post.

In fact it is fair to you expect an Alexis Sanchez level of impact in a 24 years old who costed 70 million. But Pepe didn't had Alexis Sanchez (or Bruno Fernandes) level of impact, neither the impact of one player in the level below (Son, Mané, Sterling, even Pulisic, Werner), but not only that, he failed to make even a minimum positive impact at Arsenal and that is the big problem.

In the way he plays he is being even detrimental for a mid-table level Arsenal. C'mon he was to be at least quality and in the reality he is not even better than most if not all Arsenal wingers and attacking mids.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well, thats where we disagree. We were beaten by our former manager and a club with worse players, players we don't even want like Coquelin and etc. Our players are better than Villareals period.

Take Pepe out of the equation as there are a couple of players who can play his position like Martinelli or Reiss Nelson, if Pepe was that terribad he doesn't have to play, so this falls on the manager unfortunately.

You Arteta guys are so desperate looking for someone to blame, you come in here singling out the 72 mil player that Arteta didn't even sign and getting mad cause Pepe can't single handedly fix the club. It's a bit pathetic.

I'm not an Arteta guy, I think he should get the sack on the basis that we should be beating Villareal and that we should be higher in the league. If you want to take the moral high ground over people that didn't want him sacked within a year of taking charge, then fair enough, go ahead if it makes you feel good.

But can you accept that the guy we shelled out over 100m for, the guy we signed to become our star player, the guy we signed to score 15/20 goals and take us back into the top 4, our answer to Mane/Salah/Son/Sterling ect just isn't very good at football?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You guys that come in cussing Pepe - or whoever else in the team - get it through your heads:

You can spend as much as you like and sign whoever, they will come here and be bad because the club is sh*t and the structure to succeed just isn't here.

Partey is a proven and solid pro and look at the state of him.
Look at Gabriel compared to when he joined, washed.
Come look at your heroes Saka and ESR, looking bun nowadays.
Willian didn't look this bad at Chelsea

I'm not even going to go onto all the young players on loan at the moment, that's a whole other thread.

Just open your eyes and allow the agenda man, your manager is sh*t and the overall structure at the club is doodoo - please stop blaming the individuals.

So we aren't allowed to blame any of the players lmao? What stupid, stupid logic.

Pepe couldn't beat a ****ing egg, the bloke is only good with space in front of him. The exact reason why Bayern stayed away, he's useless in tight spaces and useless when he's getting pressed.

In comparison I thought ESR was fantastic last night, Saka is clearly out of steam after carrying us this season the best he can.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

But can you accept that the guy we shelled out over 100m for, the guy we signed to become our star player, the guy we signed to score 15/20 goals and take us back into the top 4, our answer to Mane/Salah/Son/Sterling ect just isn't very good at football?
No one single player is taking this squad to top 4 please be serious.

Arteta with 500 million this summer doesn't get top 4, but feel free to blame Pepe/the 72 mil.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

So we aren't allowed to blame any of the players lmao? What stupid, stupid logic.
You spent this season defending your clearly wotless manager and abusing the majority of the forum in the process, you are not allowed to talk to me about logic.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No one single player is taking this squad to top 4 please be serious.

Arteta with 500 million this summer doesn't get top 4, but feel free to blame Pepe/the 72 mil.

Pepe has been here longer than Arteta and also not performed. Why is it one rule for one and not for another? I expected a hell of a lot better from you.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Pepe has been here longer than Arteta and also not performed. Why is it one rule for one and not for another? I expected a hell of a lot better from you.
Pepe is an option on the pitch and doesn't pick the team or sign the players what are you even talking about?

But carry on trying to blame the failures of the entire club on one questionable signing if it makes you and @MikelHadADream/others feel better.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Pepe is an option on the pitch and doesn't pick the team or sign the players what are you even talking about?

But carry on trying to blame the failures of the entire club on one questionable signing if it makes you and @MikelHadADream/others feel better.

This is the Pepe thread where people talk about PEPE.

If you want to go and blame the entire club there's a lot more threads for you to go and do that. Whilst people are in here, including myself, we will talk about the individual player as he is an Arsenal player.

And so far, take away the £72M fee, we don't care about that anymore, Pepe has been poor. Like I said, he isn't suited to the league unless he's playing on the counter. He cannot play unless he has space ahead of him. It was the wrong signing for the club to make, but again, whilst he is here judgement will be passed on him. He doesn't just get a free pass because it was the wrong signing ffs.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

This is the Pepe thread where people talk about PEPE.

If you want to go and blame the entire club there's a lot more threads for you to go and do that. Whilst people are in here, including myself, we will talk about the individual player as he is an Arsenal player.

And so far, take away the £72M fee, we don't care about that anymore, Pepe has been poor. Like I said, he isn't suited to the league unless he's playing on the counter. He cannot play unless he has space ahead of him. It was the wrong signing for the club to make, but again, whilst he is here judgement will be passed on him. He doesn't just get a free pass because it was the wrong signing ffs.
Are you aware at all that even if Pepe magically disappeared the club is still sh*t though right?

You guys can blame him all you want that 72 mil could have bought 2 or 3 players that we would be loaning out after a year of Arteta anyways, you Mikel's dreams and anyone else cussing Pepe don't want to acknowledge this though.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

but seems like something that will never change cause of that blasted price tag.
That’s all it is really.

I’ve now got people in here saying I defend him after bad performances when I explicitly stated that he didn’t play well.

The guy has been one of our better performers for the last few months, he has one bad performance (not that anyone else did better) and we’re back to square one. That’s my beef.

Some people like @BigPoppaPump are equally unforgiving with all our players but the majority have clearly earmarked Pepe as the scapegoat, this thread typically grows more than any other after a poor team performance.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hes not just an "option" though is he. He wasn't signed to be a squad player. We have shelled out 100m on him to be our superstar footballer, the guy that decides games for us. He's been rubbish under two managers now, the evil awful Arteta and the football genius Unai Emery. That's how he should be judged. He has failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom