• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Are you aware at all that even if Pepe magically disappeared the club is still sh*t though right?

You guys can blame him all you want that 72 mil could have bought 2 or 3 players that we would be loaning out after a year of Arteta anyways, you Mikel's dreams and anyone else cussing Pepe don't want to acknowledge this though.

Pepe clearly isn't a good fit for the PL no matter who is managing him. However I am fully aware that the problems are 10000x deeper than one footballer. Just making the point that you can't simply tell people to stop focussing on the players or making comments on the players, especially in an individual player thread.

The problem is also much bigger than Mikel Arteta, whilst he is part of the current problem this is like me saying to you the problem is bigger don't cuss Arteta!!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You come here and defend him with your life every time he’s criticised and point the fingers at others. Even now you’re getting mad at Taylor Gang for calling you out on it.

I never felt targeted I’ve said Pepe is wack from day 1, I’m just saying you’ve also made up your mind about him so don’t be a hypocrite. You’re basically to Pepe what Say yes was to Arteta.
At this point you’re not actually reading.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That’s all it is really.

I’ve now got people in here saying I defend him after bad performances when I explicitly stated that he didn’t play well.

The guy has been one of our better performers for the last few months, he has one bad performance (not that anyone else did better) and we’re back to square one. That’s my beef.

The thing is we've completely lowered our expectations of Pepe. The guy is still massively struggling unless he has space to run into. I think he has an excellent left foot, I just don't think he's made for this league at all.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The thing is we've completely lowered our expectations of Pepe. The guy is still massively struggling unless he has space to run into. I think he has an excellent left foot, I just don't think he's made for this league at all.
In terms of football you’re about as intelligent as this monkey. As if I’m actually going to acknowledge your opinion. 😂

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Rightly or wrongly price tag comes with expectations and the standards for him are much higher than if he was bought for say 15m. Shown a few glimpses, but overall not good enough. I'd like to see him under a different manager, but there's a lot of stuff he needs to improve in his game(something you'd hope good coaching can fix), I see great end product potential in him though.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Who is performing in this team? You guys aren’t making much sense and this is just scapegoating unfortunately.

Even if Pepe dribbled the length of the field and scored the winning goal that some feel entitled to cause of his price tag, we’d just go and lose in the finals anyways?

Look at the team and manager that beat us,

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Imagine prime Alexis instead of Pepe in this side right now, he'd probably put his dogs up for adoption with how depressed he would be with cone boy ball.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
You guys that come in cussing Pepe - or whoever else in the team - get it through your heads:

You can spend as much as you like and sign whoever, they will come here and be bad because the club is sh*t and the structure to succeed just isn't here.

Partey is a proven and solid pro and look at the state of him.
Look at Gabriel compared to when he joined, washed.
Come look at your heroes Saka and ESR, looking bun nowadays.
Willian didn't look this bad at Chelsea

I'm not even going to go onto all the young players on loan at the moment, that's a whole other thread.

Just open your eyes and allow the agenda man, your manager is sh*t and the overall structure at the club is doodoo - please stop blaming the individuals.

Yet no one--with reason--is debating whether Thomas is good enough, whether Saka or ESR (or Tierney) are good enough. They're players that are picked first on the team sheet when fit (again, with reason). The same can't be said for Pepe, and it isn't because Arteta has some weird agenda against Pepe as you Pepe fanboys weirdly try to make out.

Anyways, as @MikelHadADream rightly pointed out, it's quite an obvious contradiction...blind faith on the one hand (Pepe) and desperate to turn anything to critique on the other hand (Arteta). While people who had some faith in Arteta are all recognising the obvious, that this season was not good enough and that his work has been very poor this season, Pepe fanboys still run away from the obvious...that's where you differentiate faith, and blind faith.

The squad needs trimming for next season, without European competition. If we were a well run club this would be the time to sell Pepe (well, that time has been for a while; I would've sold him after his first half season here when he still would've retained value, it was obvious from the moment we signed him he wasn't a £72m player, nor a player to build around...he is what he is, a frustrating player with moments of quality, of which there are a great many in world football, and a player that doesn't move the needle for us whatsoever).

Macho

Dusted 🔻

that's where you differentiate faith, and blind faith.
You can't talk to me about blind faith when you've been championing Arteta all season only to watch him get spanked by Emery with nothing players.

Even if Pepe isn't good, sell him, the club will still be sh*t that's my point - it's not his fault Arsenal are where they are and you won't be able to blame him once he's gone. Now stop writing essays in my direction.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
You can't talk to me about blind faith when you've been championing Arteta all season only to watch him get spanked by Emery with nothing players.
I haven't, though. I was very much on the fence with Arteta early in the season. We had a relatively positive run in performance in the league and I adjusted accordingly. After being beat tactically over two legs by a **** manager, I have again adjusted accordingly. I adjust my opinions based on what I am seeing on the pitch. :) Something certain people might want to try with Pepe...

it's not his fault Arsenal are where they are and you won't be able to blame him once he's gone.
Talk about a strawman, who is doing that, or saying that? Raül being a clown and making a very bad deal wit Pepe is of course part of the problem, but in any case that is down to Raül (being a clown) and not Pepe, and in any case the problems of course run deeper, with manager (first terrible Em*ry, now Arteta being terrible) and people picking the manager, as always, being the most important factors. Anyone who is blaming Pepe for where Arsenal is now (I don't think anyone actually is, because that's a strawman if I've ever seen one) is obviously talking ****.

Now stop writing essays in my direction.
I'm writing about football, using views I read on the forum as a departure point--that's literally what you do on a football forum. Let's take an ego check.

Moah

Hey @albakos can we at least get to see half of the curse words we post. Too many four letter words are getting mixed up. We should at least convey the message without it being fully displayed. :lol:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
The Pepe hate of yesterday and today has got nothing to do with Pepe. Bunch of Arteta fanatics think they get their payback by trashing him because they think he is the weakness of those of us who called Arteta what he is. ****.
That's one reading. Another reading would be that major contradictions naturally catch one's attention.

I don't think anyone is bashing Pepe particularly off of yesterday...we didn't learn anything new about Pepe that we didn't already know yesterday. Who Pepe is as a player we've known for a while. He had a typical Pepe performance yesterday. Not good for the majority of the match with a nice contribution that created a nice chance and could've resulted in a goal (beat defender and pull back with right foot to Bellerín).

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He was poor yesterday. But bar 1-2 exceptions he wasn't noticeably worse than anyone else.

He's not a great player player after a month or two's good performances. He's not crap because of one sub par game either.

Still feel he can be a useful weapon next season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Pepe hate of yesterday and today has got nothing to do with Pepe. Bunch of Arteta fanatics think they get their payback by trashing him because they think he is the weakness of those of us who called Arteta what he is. ****.

No mate, a lot of people just don't think he's very good based on his performances for Arsenal. It's not a crime to not rate an Arsenal player.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

No mate, a lot of people just don't think he's very good based on his performances for Arsenal. It's not a crime to not rate an Arsenal player.
Look at the guys who ran in here to criticise Pepe though, it's literally all the Arteta arse wipers who can't take the embarrassment of an Emery pasting and desperate for someone to blame.

You and Abou somehow trying to put it on me when there isn't one player thread I've gone into blame for the result, cause the whole team wasn't great. Moah is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom