• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Well I think he either initially started playing at CF for Bielsa or was tried there at some point by him when he was at Lille and it didn't work out at all apparently.

Plus he's been fine on the wing (even on the left imo, but ofc better on the right) so there's no point in trying to fix what's not broken......

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Well I think he either initially started playing at CF for Bielsa or was tried there at some point by him when he was at Lille and it didn't work out at all apparently.

Plus he's been fine on the wing (even on the left imo, but ofc better on the right) so there's no point in trying to fix what's not broken......
Pepe is a player like Robben and Bale, playing them on the left or up front just takes away their strongest attribute.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pepe is a player like Robben and Bale, playing them on the left or up front just takes away their strongest attribute.
The point is it doesn't matter where he plays. It's how you get him into various positions. Play him as a false 9 and asking him to drop deep and link play while getting battered isn't going to work.

It is the same as playing him as a right winger with no overlapping full back so he has to score goals by beating 3 players from the touchline which he will do maybe 3 times a season. Play him as part of a 2 man front line where he has the freedom to go wide, drop in and get into shooting positions and you probably get 15 goals out of him.

He is by far the best finisher at the club. I'd put him above Auba simply by the types of goals he can score and Pepe can header btw. He is just never in the box to attack the ball.

He scored 10 goals from 1614 minutes last season. That is basically 10 goals in 18 games.
How about we give him another 20 games so he can score 12 more goals.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The point is it doesn't matter where he plays. It's how you get him into various positions. Play him as a false 9 and asking him to drop deep and link play while getting battered isn't going to work.

It is the same as playing him as a right winger with no overlapping full back so he has to score goals by beating 3 players from the touchline which he will do maybe 3 times a season. Play him as part of a 2 man front line where he has the freedom to go wide, drop in and get into shooting positions and you probably get 15 goals out of him.

He is by far the best finisher at the club. I'd put him above Auba simply by the types of goals he can score and Pepe can header btw. He is just never in the box to attack the ball.

He scored 10 goals from 1614 minutes last season. That is basically 10 goals in 18 games.
How about we give him another 20 games so he can score 12 more goals.
It definitely matters where he plays, if you want to get the best out of him you play him at RW. LW or up front is taking away his strongest skill, he has to take the blame for his own performances it's not everyone else's fault.

mpower2540

There seems to be a lot of buzz for him this year. I think Pepe is going to have another season of flashes of quality but mostly under delivering. Fingers crossed I’m wrong

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Should be in starting 11. Can be very frustrating in his decisions in the final third at times. But this is around the caliber of player Arsenal can hope for right now. Capable of fantastic shooting, passing and the odd burst of speed, good record with injuries so far.

Most may disagree, but I honestly dont think any other manager or position in the world going to get more than 5-10% more out of this player. This is close to the only version of Pepe there is, I accept that. Looking forward to him this season.

Moah

Should be in starting 11. Can be very frustrating in his decisions in the final third at times. But this is around the caliber of player Arsenal can hope for right now. Capable of fantastic shooting, passing and the odd burst of speed, good record with injuries so far.

Most may disagree, but I honestly dont think any other manager or position in the world going to get more than 5-10% more out of this player. This is close to the only version of Pepe there is, I accept that. Looking forward to him this season.
What do you think about the manager he had at Lille?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I hope he carries last seasons form into this one. Big pressure on him tonight with players missing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would 110% rather see Pepe as our striker tonight, than ESR.

That means I could backtrack 10%, yet still be completely in favour of Nico.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would 110% rather see Pepe as our striker tonight, than ESR.

That means I could backtrack 10%, yet still be completely in favour of Nico.
Don't think either are much to write home about in that position. Might as well play Balogun then.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't think either are much to write home about in that position. Might as well play Balogun then.

Mikel is definitely not starting Balogun.

Will be a midfielder upfront tonight, unless Martinelli is fir to start.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He looks so confused as a CF. :lol: Had a great strike though, but very little else, just like the rest of the team

REWB

Second half he was alright. At the end of the day he is doing better. Not losing the ball every 5 secs like he used to. Still some improving to do.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Second half he was alright. At the end of the day he is doing better. Not losing the ball every 5 secs like he used to. Still some improving to do.
His pointing has improved several fold - like he could've jsut helped Chambers and made sure the cut in on wasnt on but he has the world class ability of pointing. But there were several other players just as bad so Ill leave it at that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom