• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I agree with he always seems to have 2 men to beat, but he brings that on himself by always trying to do too much.

I think teams tell their defenders/midfielders (whoever is closer to Pepe) to leave whichever man they are marking, and to double up with the fullback against Nico...as he always tries to beat them, rather than looking for a pass.
To be fair to him nobody was moving and had no RB support Brentford played it currently but helped because we lacked options

Pop Tart

Established Member
He tends to hang onto the ball far too long instead of releasing it. Almost tries to do it all on his own. He has talent but he overthinks things.

Trill

Not Trilly
He was a bit **** tonight but he constantly has to beat two defenders. I even saw three Brentford players on him at times. Look at this heat map. How is he supposed to do anything when he doesn’t even have an overlapping fullback to help pull a defender away or combine with? Chambers is at the top and Tierney is at the bottom. I almost hope Pepe gets an extended run playing with Tierney down the left.

View attachment 4062
He just doesn't have a right foot. And he hasn't got a burst of pace to get himself a yard and Robben it. He does the same thing every time he get's the ball.

He has a great shot, but can't get himself into space to utilize it.

He's great at getting himself into position to get his opposite on the back foot, but always ends up on his useless right and then has to cut inside, which allows the defence to regroup and breaks down our momentum.

He has a great finish, but never makes the runs to be played in behind.

He has a trick, but never knows the right time to use it.

He's a broken player.

He looks awkward as **** on the left, but at least he can keep it simple and just focus on crossing. Asking any more of him is pointless.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Can't fault him of trying Brentford were putting 2 men against him everytime he was with ball because they knew he is our most dangerous player in pitch. He didn't hide but didn't do much
Saw Tierney, Esr, Saka and even Lokonga beat 1-2 players at times, its not an impossible task. Thought those were the most dangerous players on the pitch for us at least. You could see how dangerous they thought the players were by the fact Esr and Tierney got targeted with late tackles, they struggled to get close to Lokonga but otherwise Im sure there would've been late tackles for him as well.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not much to say with this bloke, he's never going to be the guy Arsenal hoped he would be, but what I would say is the currently style doesn't suit him. He's needs to be playing in a team that break away fast, not a team that plays so slow the opposition can get into a low block every time we have the ball, he just doesn't have the 1v1 or technical tools for those sorts of situations.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The stuff he was trying to do, probably only Messi can execute. Why did he try to do it? There was absolutely nothing else going on except pointless crossing from Tierney and his failed dribbling.

We have 5 players who can play football on this team: Pepe, Saka, ESR, Partey, and Lokonga (2 of them didn't start today). That's not enough for sure to have any sort of fluency, everyone else is either scared or just poor on the ball.

It wouldn't matter if we went for Zaha or Mahrez, they would both struggle just like Pepe. It's a poor team

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

See @Macho it ain't just me!
He’s clearly not a fan of Pepe judging by his other posts plus I’ve been caping for Pepe for 2 years I’m tired.

Pepe’s days are numbered anyways until Ødegaard or a number 10 comes in so you guys needn’t worry. I don’t see him starting ahead of Ødegaard, Saka or ESR. The beauty of it is all them man will do naff all as well.

Trill

Not Trilly
He’s clearly not a fan of Pepe judging by his other posts plus I’ve been caping for Pepe for 2 years I’m tired.

Pepe’s days are numbered anyways until Ødegaard or a number 10 comes in so you guys needn’t worry. I don’t see him starting ahead of Ødegaard, Saka or ESR. The beauty of it is all them man will do naff all as well.
Pepe like I said has some great qualities. It's just I don't think with our team or manager we'll ever be able to utilize them, unfortunately.

His shooting in general is fantastic. Great finisher in general (it's basically what got him the move) but in our team he's never going to be one on one with the keeper nor is he going to have space to crack one off from distance. So all you're left with is him being shown onto his weaker foot.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Yeah, I'm always amazed how quickly fans jump to this thread to **** on him while at the same time Saka and ESR couldn't produce anything either. None of these fans wouldn't even think about why they can't perform, they just jump from thread to thread with the same ****.

The same people who are writing here are also all over Auba page, defending our CF by saying it's Arteta and our poor team. If the team is crap for Auba, surely it has to be the same for Pepe :lol:
The logic on these fans is shocking

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Pepe like I said has some great qualities. It's just I don't think with our team or manager we'll ever be able to utilize them, unfortunately.
You first need to find a player who is performing well under our manager.

You drop Pepe and then what? You guys think that Saka and Ødegaard will score goals just like that? :lol:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Yeah, I'm always amazed how quickly fans jump to this thread to **** on him while at the same time Saka and ESR couldn't produce anything either. None of these fans wouldn't even think about why they can't perform, they just jump from thread to thread with the same ****.

The same people who are writing here are also all over Auba page, defending our CF by saying it's Arteta and our poor team. If the team is crap for Auba, surely it has to be the same for Pepe :lol:
The logic on these fans is shocking
Oh fk off, Saka and Esr carrying this team, stop trying to blame them.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Oh fk off, Saka and Esr carrying this team, stop trying to blame them.
I'm not blaming them at all, it's actually the complete opposite and I was the first person here who wanted Saka to play while he was with the u23.

I love both of them, what I'm saying is that you can't play this level of football with 5 good players. The problem is not in Pepe, it's not in Saka or ESR. All 3 of them are actually really good, but it's a team sport of 11 players, so that's not enough

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I'm not blaming them at all, it's actually the complete opposite and I was the first person here who wanted Saka to play while he was with the u23.

I love both of them, what I'm saying is that you can't play this level of football with 5 good players. The problem is not in Pepe, it's not in Saka or ESR. All 3 of them are actually really good, but it's a team sport of 11 players, so that's not enough
Nah Saka and Esr were/are playing great stuff consistently, bring them in here is just trying to spread the blame to players who did perform.

Trill

Not Trilly
You first need to find a player who is performing well under our manager.

You drop Pepe and then what? You guys think that Saka and Ødegaard will score goals just like that? :lol:
You keep Pepe and then what? I honestly don't know how you get more out of him than we already have. Half his goals last season came against Khabib Nurmagomedov F.C, and the next quarter came in our last 3 or 4 games when the season was over.

Yes I would rather we play some players who have a bit of invention, speed of thought and intelligence.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Nah Saka and Esr were/are playing great stuff consistently, bring them in here is just trying to spread the blame to players who did perform.
Saka and ESR together won't score as many goals as Pepe throughout the season. They complement each other with Saka/ESR being better on the ball and Pepe offering more end product.

I mean, it's a pointless discussion as even after 5 posts you are not capable of understanding what I'm saying, but I'll dumb it down

THE BLAME IS NOT ON ANY OF THEM, even though you guys like to put it on Pepe

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yes I would rather we play some players who have a bit of invention, speed of thought and intelligence.
I'm listening who offers that? Let's say Saka, but then you have nothing on the other side... It's just another poor post really.
I'm all happy to bring Messi in, but you know...

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Saka and ESR together won't score as many goals as Pepe throughout the season. They complement each other with Saka/ESR being better on the ball and Pepe offering more end product.

I mean, it's a pointless discussion as even after 5 posts you are not capable of understanding what I'm saying, but I'll dumb it down

THE BLAME IS NOT ON ANY OF THEM, even though you guys like to put it on Pepe
The blame is partly on Pepe because he didnt perform, it is also on the other senior players such as Mari, Chambers, White, Xhaka. All 5 of them played poorly. Excusing a bad performance because you think other players are getting none of the blame is a bit of a joke.

What really boiled my blood though was Pepe standing and pointing at the guy who scored the first goal when he could've run another few feet to cover Chambers. This at a time when their record goal scorer was tracking back and dispossessing him.

BUT YOU USE CAPSLOCK SO PEPE GOOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom