• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mirrorstare

Disappointing because he never seemed to understand he was the senior attacker out there and was required to carry the team this time.

We needed a lot more from him today, and he was never close to deliver.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
Disappointing because he never seemed to understand he was the senior attacker out there and was required to carry the team this time.

We needed a lot more from him today, and he was never close to deliver.

More than that, he can't defend, can't press well... he is there to finish the ball basically.

Rattata

He's not a winger. Bayern knew it 2 years ago. Arsenal still has to realize it. Says everything you need to know about Arteta and the coaching staff.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't be bothered really watching him play outwide anymore, don't think he can do that in this league.

Would still be up for trying him as our striker when we get Ødegaard, but a pretty horrible signing for the money.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can't fault him of trying Brentford were putting 2 men against him everytime he was with ball because they knew he is our most dangerous player in pitch. He didn't hide but didn't do much

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He was a bit **** tonight but he constantly has to beat two defenders. I even saw three Brentford players on him at times. Look at this heat map. How is he supposed to do anything when he doesn’t even have an overlapping fullback to help pull a defender away or combine with? Chambers is at the top and Tierney is at the bottom. I almost hope Pepe gets an extended run playing with Tierney down the left.

BE324A84-CA70-49C9-AB9D-64931577720E.jpeg

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Make it or break it year for him, but not looking like a player you'd trust to have nailed on as a starter, which, given his price, should be the absolute bare minimum. Only gets in because of the dearth of attacking quality at hand.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He was a bit **** tonight but he constantly has to beat two defenders. I even saw three Brentford players on him at times. Look at this heat map. How is he supposed to do anything when he doesn’t even have an overlapping fullback to help pull a defender away or combine with? Chambers is at the top and Tierney is at the bottom. I almost hope Pepe gets an extended run playing with Tierney down the left.

View attachment 4062

I agree with he always seems to have 2 men to beat, but he brings that on himself by always trying to do too much.

I think teams tell their defenders/midfielders (whoever is closer to Pepe) to leave whichever man they are marking, and to double up with the fullback against Nico...as he always tries to beat them, rather than looking for a pass.

We need to get him away from the right side, as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom