• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Who knew a 45M budget could get you this much. Seems the media really don't know much about the budget and just make up numbers for clicks and views.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
So I've just read through the entire thread. Pretty clear who's a reliable source & who is not.

Early interest:
The top French outlets (Telefoot, L'Equipe, Matt Spiro) have been claiming we're very interested for about a year. Ballague also claimed we were interested back in Feb 18.

Original bid, 13 July:
TF1 (first) and then L'Equipe (confirmed) went in strongly on 13 July that we'd bid €80m and have stuck to that story consistently.

Disinformation, 13 July:
As soon as TF1 and L'Equipe reported the story, Ornstein reported we hadn't bid and couldn't afford Pepe. Benge & Watts followed him. Given what we know now, this looks like the club trying to squash news of our Pepe bid before it was settled.

Development, 14-27 July:
L'Equipe have stuck to their guns re. our bid and the other french sources have also reported this very well. Alexis Bernard (apparently the first to report Saliba interest) had details of the bid structure. Di Marzio and other Italian sources started getting involved yesterday saying that we were close. Ornstein (again followed by those ***** Benge and Watts) has confirmed today.

L'equipe, TF1, Di Marzio and maybe this Alexis Bernard guy too = Tier 1.
Ornstein = Tier whatever the club wants him to say.
Watts & Benge = Tier *****. Honestly don't see any point in these guys while Orny is around.
Di Marzio and his pals are absolute unreal as usual.
Remember when they reported about Gazidis to Milan a few months earlier than English media?

say yes

forum master baiter
The statistical method values take:

1fjrdu.png

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Martinelli - ? Probably a very low first payment
Saliba - £4M
Ceballos - £4M
Pepe - £14M

Probably around £20M done. 45m budget is correct just it’s first summer budget. So we can easily do Tierney and find a CB.

So the tabloids get a way out of their ****ty rumours: "We told you it was 45 millions, as you can see, we just didn't mention it was 1st year payments budget!" ?

African Flair

We probably have over paid though, but Raul has always done that. Look at his Barcelona history.
Nothing wrong with overpaying for true quality though. Never thought Lille would get this much for him, fair play to them.. Overpaying for dross couse it's affordable bodies to the squad like we did a lot with Wenger is problematic af and we have probably seen enough of that with Raul. He likes shiny things and have no problem flexing with some cash that he isn't even entitled to. I'm in a good mood here.

nick gould

If we can keep sok, holding and chambers fit for the two cb spots we are def in for 3 imo.
Two wingers with Pepe and Nelson or saka supplying pea = goals galore

4-3-3 please
I see a lot of wishful thinking on this forum. When people talk about wingers they choose to pretend that iwobi does not exist. Remember when iwobi broke through, we had a high scoring winger on the left and we needed someone to balance things nicely on the right in the way Ray parlour and Iwobi did in years gone by. With Pepe scoring goals for fun, I wobi will play on the left. After all he had 6 assists last season, the second highest behind lacazette.

Back to the topic, pepe wasn't impressive at all in the recent Africa Nations cup. His technique can be meh. Knowing the arsenal fans lack of patients and sometimes understanding of football, are they not going to turn against him the way they turned against geovinho?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Imagine the scenes if we sell Lacazette then bring in Zaha and Pepe.

It will feel like Christmas.
I would do it, I love Laca and Auba but would rather have just one (the best) and strenghten another position.

KJSB97

Raul's got serious game.

He's pulling down the pants of owners all across Europe.
People are worried that we overpaid for him but that’s how the market is operating nowadays.

Look at how much Atletico paid for João Felix. They paid €125m for an unproven 19 year old.

We have to get with the times.

Understand your point but Felix looks a snip at that price for how massive his potential is and how much the market will further inflate.

Absolutely dicked Ramos last night, you love to see it.

Highgate

So our first bid for him was three weeks ago, but in those three weeks we were in talks for both zaha and Everton.

I like that strategy.
Wether it was to confuse people.or keep our options open, it doesn't matter, atleast we had a plan, unlike under the previous regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom