• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
france accademies are the best in Europe. not even germany comes close.

They were overtaken by both Spain and Germany in the last few years, but they seem to be coming back to prominence now.

If you watch any Ligue 1 match (Apart from PSG), you'll see at least one or two talented youngsters from the academy of that particular team playing.

For example Auxerre, Lens, Rennes, Lyon, Lille, Toulouse, PSG, Nantes, Monaco, Marseille, Le Havre and Saint-Etinne have all excellent youth academies that have produced great talents over the years.

Check this article about the French academies. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._newcastle-united-europa-league-sparta-prague

Jebka23

French u23
Pogba Martial Lemar Dembele Coman Fekir Mbappe Kondogbia Koziello Tolisso Rabiot Varane Laporte Kurzawa Zouma Digne Areola Umtiti Nardi Lafont Cornet Niang Boufal Imbula Pavard Nkoudou Amavi Kipembe Ferri Augustin etc...

Not bad :cool:

Last edited:

BBF

Dem african roots.

Could be such a powerhouse of football if there were some decent coaches around.

I always wondered how jokes it would be if all the French boys of African descent just used France for their education and then just represented their parents countries. North/West Africa would be a powerhouse

Jebka23

I always wondered how jokes it would be if all the French boys of African descent just used France for their education and then just represented their parents countries. North/West Africa would be a powerhouse

Senegal 2002
Algeria 2014

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
These Dembele's need to get easier names like the Cole/Campbells so I can tell them apart better :lol:

Never watched him, where would he stand in the current team? Does he easily take the RW spot?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just ****ing sign him. He seems like of those rare talents, a once every few years type.

We need everything we can get tbh.

Jerome_Gooner

He'd start as RW here yes.

Which means we'd have a traffic jam there with Ramsey, Ox, Theo and Campbell. Most likely one would have to go

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Disclaimer: stats based post

Just saw that he's averaging a 7.5 on whoscored which is insane for an 18 year old. Doesn't take into account the difficulty of the league and obviously stats aren't perfect but those who are familiar with whoscored will understand how crazy that is.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Just watched some versus comps and I've seen enough quality decision making and talent to suggest he'll probably push ahead of Ox for the RW spot.

I wouldn't sign him now but I would keep an eye on and seriously consider a move if a rival was to try and sign him. I hope Wenger pulls his finger out, dont think he rates Chamberlain as much as this forum does. He's openly admitted to trying to sign Coman....

Would be typical us to instead sign his cheaper but 'underrated and just as good' teammate who turns out to be **** after five years of wages and game time.

Last edited:

benjamin86

Established Member
Just watched some versus comps and I've seen enough quality decision making and talent to suggest he'll probably push ahead of Ox for the RW spot.

I wouldn't sign him now but I would keep an eye on and seriously consider a move if a rival was to try and sign him. I hope Wenger pulls his finger out, dont think he rates Chamberlain as much as this forum does. He's openly admitted to trying to sign Coman....

Would be typical us to instead sign his cheaper but 'underrated and just as good' teammate who turns out to be **** after five years of wages and game time.

I would think we would have to move this summer if we were to sign him otherwise PSG, City, MUFC, Real, Barca, Bayern will make a move and we really can't compete.

MUFC would be willing to over pay and every other team i listed would be more attractive to most football players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom