• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Fornals

TornadoTed

Established Member
Fornals <3

If you mean the 3 behind the striker then I don't see the need for him. We have Özil, Mkhi, Iwobi and Smith-Rowe who can play the 10 role and he doesn't look like the direct winger we lack.

I'm all for it if he can be moulded into a DLP, if not a Xhaka replacement then at least direct competition.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I've been on the Fornals hype train since someone which listed him a while back and I hit the YouTube vids. He looks a serious baller, I wonder if he could he adapt to playing deeper as a Xhaka recplacement?
Don’t know much about him but the scoutnation video on YouTube says that he can play DM, CM and CAM

HBL

Established Member
Looks a good player, I haven't seen many la liga games this season since Sky lost the rights to Spanish games.

Only the Sun but I think we have been linked with him briefly before, doesn't seem like much of a gamble if he has a release clause that low.

I'll like any rumour which involves offloading Elneny.

I havent eat anything but liquid food for 3 weeks and I have to have my jaws wired for 2 more weeks. When I got the news I smashed some chair in the elevator on my way out and some old woman went crying. The day was on its way to hell when I read this rumor of offloading Elneny. Muisc to my ears.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This would be a Torreira level signing. Our midfield would be set for the next 5-10 years. Some serious foresight if we pull the trigger on this deal.

Torreira-AMN-Guendouzi-Xhaka-Fornals. Would be such a young midfield.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Would be a big upgrade on both Ramsey and Elneny. If we manage to sell Elneny for around 10m and even if Ramsey goes on a free transfer we get a good player with greater potential on lower wage as well on a snip if the buyout clause is true. He is versatile enough to cover any midfield role as well. Would be a stunning piece of business.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Very interested, this would be some nice business for the reported fee. Mislintat knows where to find some sweet bargains.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Ok its The Sun but I could see us getting £15m for him. He would do a good job for many of the PL teams. Not sure what his salary is, hopefully that doesn't cause a problem.

As he have done a good job for us :)
Like this Fornals guy but would like to keep Elneniesta if possible for a squad role.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Like this Fornals guy but would like to keep Elneniesta if possible for a squad role.
He's barely even involved in the squad anymore. Seeing as we're still seeing individual errors from Xhaka, it's worth switching out a borderline unused player for one that could compete for a starting spot.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

He's not done much wrong, he's just not the level we need. I think he cost £3.5m, maybe £5m, Xhaka cost at least 7 times as much but isn't even twice the player.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He's barely even involved in the squad anymore. Seeing as we're still seeing individual errors from Xhaka, it's worth switching out a borderline unused player for one that could compete for a starting spot.
Yep. I like Elneny but I'd rather a player with potential to compete for a starting spot. Fornals is versatile enough while I'd like to see if AMN can progress to become Torreira's competition.

This move on paper at least would wrap up our midfield for a couple of years on paper even though I'd like us to move away from Xhaka. I doubt Xhaka can play as a back up since he game needs rhythm.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Yes, let's face it, offloading Elneny and getting such a young gem would be absolutely amazing, but it's not about El being bad for the price we paid for him in terms of both, quality and commitment. However, he is just not good enough for the big honors.

We should acklowledge his attitude and character, made us feel like that he wanted to be part of that club as in contrast to many others and seems like a very very likable guy on and off the field.
For that alone he deserves some respect, not comparable to someone like Sanchez.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Elneny has the right attitude and is a good professional. He is just not quite enough for Arsenal, but I think he could be attractive to many other teams.

His stint here will not have hurt his chances.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom