<

Philippe Coutinho

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by OnlyOne, Aug 2, 2019.

?

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

1. Yes

47.7%
  2. No

30.7%
  3. Only If No Other AM Is Attainable

21.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

They've messed up badly over the last years and still have managed to stay relatively successfull, but it's more or less due to having the best player of all time and Suarez carrying you there.

Can't imagine Barcelona when they soon will lose Messi and Suarez whilst having a billion of debt. Completely finished

North5, say yes, tcahill and 7 others like this.
  2. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

@14Henry

We can agree to disagree. But you cant disagree that Coutinho would add something to the team, you also can't disagree that despite your opinions on his overall performance levels he puts up significant numbers every single season no matter where he is.

13 goals and assists in his first season for Barca in just 1300 minutes and a similar amount in his loan at Bayern. You may say he hasnt performed, but he wasn't even getting a good opportunity.

Just because the fee was huge, which wasn't his fault, doesnt mean he's a poor footballer or he had a really bad season.

We need goals and assists from midfield, he adds that and for maybe only 15m for the year. Then you go big next season when Özil is also gone or you resign Coutinho IF he has performed well.

You keep banging on about Beundia but in the long run he isnt the answer.

Coutinho is going to guarantee you at least 12 G/A in the league for a season and will break down low blocks very well. For £15M on loan its an absolute snip.

Also saying hes only had 18 months at a top level in his whole career is fabricated from your imagination.

3. HairSprayGooners

On my wavelength. The logical wavelength. But some bums here just want Buendia for the sake of it.

Trilly and truth_hurts like this.
  4. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Absolutely don't want this guy, for reasons mentioned many times in this thread. Much rather spend the money towards a mid-term rebuild.

That being said, he'd probably help us get some goals against teams that we're finding hard to break down.

5. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Want him or not, he would fit in perfectly.

truth_hurts likes this.
  6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

If we switch 433 and we don't want to spend big on attacking mid then Coutinho make sense for 1 season.

7. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Pepe and Coutinho as inverted wingers with Bellerin, Tierney, Saka or AMN on the overlap.

My body is ready.

DanDare likes this.
  8. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Will be glorious. Can't wait. My most hated foreign club by a mile.

9. HomeSteak

HomeSteak Well-Known Member

relatively ?

10. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Would love this over Willian. Bit younger and more quality. Getting an option to buy would be nice too.

truth_hurts likes this.
  11. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

**** source but it’s another link.

12. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Coutinho + Willian + Partey + Keeping Auba is some top class business on paper.

Token Yank, truth_hurts and bingobob like this.
  13. Let's play Aubamawang

Let's play Aubamawang Well-Known Member

I like Coutinho as a player, but given the lack of minutes and shortened pre-season, he could be seriously short of match fitness. And if it's £15m for a loan, I'd rather put the money towards Szoboszlai.

14. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful Vinai

Gabriel too :drool:

Brett likes this.
  15. field442

He has got at least 3 more matches he could feature in for Bayern.

16. Trilly

I'm trying to be realistic/not jinx it. No way we do all of this in one summer, if we do I'll order our third kit as well to help pay for some of the business.

That's a big thing for me. I usually get one every three years.:lol:

OnlyOne likes this.
  17. Trilly

I think it was Willian or Coutinho btw. Wouldn't be like the Arsenal I know to sign both. That transforms our attack immensely.

18. HairSprayGooners

Gabriel - £28M
    Partey - £45M
    Coutinho - loan at around £15M for the year inc half his wages
    Willian - probably around £10M inc signing on fee and first yr wages

Arteta wanted a playmaker, wide player, CB and Partey so I think its doable.

truth_hurts and DanDare like this.
  19. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

problem I suspect is that he doesn't want to play for us, and didn't want to play for Bayern, and for that alone I don't want him here

20. field442

We lack a lot of depth in attack though. Martinelli is out until next year and Saka is the only credible backup option for LW/RW. If Pepe got injured for a lengthy period of time I’d hate to be playing Nelson every week.

Trilly and Sebastes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.