• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

You build a team around him to get the best out of him if you’re giving him such a contract.

There have been games, many games where Auba has had no service at all.

Yeah giving a player that is worse at passing the ball than blindfolded Kolasinac a 350k per week just to play him out wide show that Edu and Arteta are completely out of their depth recruitment-wise. No scouting department to blame next summer. :shivering:

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I lost a lot of respect for him earlier in the season when he simply gave up and downed tool in the Wolves or Villa game when we were on that losing streak. If he isn’t scoring goals he’s useless and playing him on the left is simply bewildering. If he can’t play upfront he should be moved on but again who is going to pay those wages?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Mane is great on the ball, salah doesnt even come close to that. Salah goal came from a poor touch than gab read wrong and dived in and then it was easy for salah. I would guess if you picked 50 random goals from each player they would be very similar.

Salah is very similar to auba but salah is willing to run through brick walls for his team. That attitude and desire that salah has is what makes him a winner and why he is overall better than auba.
1st second into the video...try ask auba to do that.
This video should be called “10 minutes of what auba can’t do. Auba sucks.”

By the way, @AberGooner, you should have read the last 2 pages, please. You will then understand.

mirrorstare

These discussions about Aubameyang's passing skills didn't matter in any of his previous seasons and don't matter now.

With the setup we have at the moment you can put prime Messi there and he'd struggle to do something, it's just crap and unsurprisingly it has drained the lifeforce of every single one of our attackers. Yes, we've also had constant and long periods of looking this hopeless with ESR and Saka out there, because we have had this problem basically the entire season.

MikeVinna

Established Member
If the team is playing dominant and creating you can carry a player like Auba and feed him chances. Instead Liverpool dominated us so Auba was useless. Its that simple. He should not have started and he should have been subbed off quickly when Mikel saw it wasnt working.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
These discussions about Aubameyang's passing skills didn't matter in any of his previous seasons and don't matter now.

With the setup we have at the moment you can put prime Messi there and he'd struggle to do something, it's just crap and unsurprisingly it has drained the lifeforce of every single one of our attackers. Yes, we've also had constant and long periods of looking this hopeless with ESR and Saka out there, because we have had this problem basically the entire season.
You are right. Prime Messi wouldn’t help. But why?

It is because he would be working with auba and laca. Two man down in the build up process. Messi would be fighting alone against a deep defensive block.

Replacing auba and laca with creative players/someone who could take on players would make our chance creation process a lot more easier.

Iceman10

Established Member
If the team is playing dominant and creating you can carry a player like Auba and feed him chances. Instead Liverpool dominated us so Auba was useless. Its that simple. He should not have started and he should have been subbed off quickly when Mikel saw it wasnt working.

This comment is probably more suited to when he plays as CF, but he was out wide yesterday, so there’s a lot more demanded than just being someone fed chances through AM’s. We had injury issues but there were probably still at least two other options available instead of starting both Laca and Auba. Not sure what Mikel is doing. If it suddenly is to throw lots of chances to Laca as CF to hope a little purple patch convinces the board to renew his contract then Arteta is not the right man for Arsenal. I hope that is not the motive of persisting with doing the same with Laca and Auba as what clearly failed against West Ham.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We had injury issues but there were probably still at least two other options available instead of starting both Laca and Auba. Not sure what Mikel is doing
Think Mikel thought that our only chance is to exploit the space left by TAA when he goes up and hit them on the counter with Auba, something that he did last season (although it was a completely different formation back then).
Let's say I can understand that choice (even if I don't agree with it), but Laca starting ahead of Martinelli is just a shocker for me if you know that your CF is gonna chase 95% of the time. It only tells me that Mikel either doesn't understand his players or he will just insist on the same players he trusts more, without considering the circumstances

wolfkidultman

He’s clearly declined physically. Not talking about his acceleration, but his agility. He used to be able to quickly adjust his body to get shots off first time, or make often bad first touches work for him. He can’t do that now. I’m sick of seeing him being played in down the left channel and taking about three hours to cut back onto his right foot and seeing his shot blocked. Happened so many times this season. He needs a spell on the bench and he can regain his form from there.

Malky

Established Member
Either play him as a number 9 and get creative players round him so he has the service or sell him. Waste of money playing him on the wing, other than sulking he does absolutely nothing

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Either play him as a number 9 and get creative players round him so he has the service or sell him. Waste of money playing him on the wing, other than sulking he does absolutely nothing
Unfortunately we'll never be able to sell him since no club will match his wages and he's unquestionably in this for the money so will not budge an inch. So we'd have to pay him to leave which would be utterly embarrassing.

Iceman10

Established Member
Unfortunately we'll never be able to sell him since no club will match his wages and he's unquestionably in this for the money so will not budge an inch. So we'd have to pay him to leave which would be utterly embarrassing.

It’s a situation where the club has to stipulate to any manager that one of Laca and Auba has to be sold this summer. If an opportunity arises for Auba, great, but most likely it will be Laca. A manager has to be forced to commit to freshening up the squad, and that includes a plan including at least Martinelli as integral, and ideally Balogun also. Buying someone like Edouard if possible is fine also.

Legend14

Established Member
People have been asking why Auba was not scoring enough. They asked how many goals would Pepe score this season. They compare the scoring stats of Laca to strikers in other teams........

These questions doesn’t mean much to me. In fact, it’s not just down to the individual performance of the player you questioned. If your team have created enough chances, your attacking players WILL score.

It’s the fact that we do not have enough creative talent in the team, which has limited the quantity and quality of chances we created.

So my criticism is not that these players are not performing (on an individual level), but rather, they are not a creative player so they have limited our chance creation.
Auba needs to play better football. If his talent is to sit in the 18 and wait for the perfect pass, we can do better.

Iceman10

Established Member
Think Mikel thought that our only chance is to exploit the space left by TAA when he goes up and hit them on the counter with Auba, something that he did last season (although it was a completely different formation back then).
Let's say I can understand that choice (even if I don't agree with it), but Laca starting ahead of Martinelli is just a shocker for me if you know that your CF is gonna chase 95% of the time. It only tells me that Mikel either doesn't understand his players or he will just insist on the same players he trusts more, without considering the circumstances

Just to respond to this briefly, although I missed the match because kickoff was when I was out on the water, and still haven’t been in a mindset to watch a recording of the torture, my understanding through others is what actually happened was Auba ended pinned back a bit to help out on the defensive ending against TAA and the forward pushing us back. I don’t see the justification of the selection, and tbf you do acknowledge his use was against a different formation last season, and in truth he’s not the same player right now anyway, mainly negative stuff due to blowing hot and cold with his goal scoring more than anything else though.

... my main point though, despite getting a little into the weeds here, is the club owners/board need to step in and stipulate one of Auba and Laca has to go this summer. In effect they need to do Edu’s job for him. I would like to think it is already Arteta and Edu’s plan, but certain stuff that was leaking out last week to support the case for renewing Laca (dressing room, etc.) looked like a coordinated campaign to soften fans up for a Laca renewal... and made me wonder about who exactly was pushing the campaign.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So what do we do?

Arteta won't stick him in the bench. He literally begged Auba to sign. Although it was the right decision at the time, but we're wasting his late prime years with an out-of-his-depth Manager.

We'll need to sell one of Laca and Auba.

Auba is still one of the most lethal finishers in Europe. Need to find a way to get him back on form.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So what do we do?

Arteta won't stick him in the bench. He literally begged Auba to sign. Although it was the right decision at the time, but we're wasting his late prime years with an out-of-his-depth Manager.

We'll need to sell one of Laca and Auba.

Auba is still one of the most lethal finishers in Europe. Need to find a way to get him back on form.
Sell Lacazette and Nketiah in the summer. Only use Aubameyang as the striker, let him share that with Martinelli. Buy a LW in the summer.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sell Lacazette and Nketiah in the summer. Only use Aubameyang as the striker, let him share that with Martinelli. Buy a LW in the summer.

This is the type of positing which sets us trusted members part from the rest, superb stuff. Simple solution to our problems!

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom