• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Established Member
Aubameyang's off the ball movement and link-up play are really good. His physical attributes are great, he is quick, tall and strong. His finishing leaves a lot to be desired though.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing this guy in an Arsenal shirt for the right price. He would be a considerable upgrade on Danny Welbeck. He would give us a viable plan B because with Aubameyang as a starter we'll play a different style of football.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Aubameynag's off the ball movement and link-up play are really good. His physical attributes are great, he is quick, tall and strong. His finishing leaves a lot to be desired though.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing this guy in an Arsenal shirt for the right price. He would be a considerable upgrade on Danny Welbeck. He would give us a viable plan B because with Aubameynag as a starter we'll play a different style of football.

Yeah but 29M on a plan B striker?

Jae

floyd.png

thought it was sufficiently drenched in sarcasm for the internet but apparently not...

He's from France anyway... :rolleyes:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I actually like PEA. Think he has great potential and fantastic physical attributes which of course is why Wenger would have any interest. But after some thought, PEA and the project he represents seems eerily similar to Welbeck. I think we already have a striker with potential and great physical attributes while being unproven. If we're going to go in for striker, I ultimately think it won't be another project a la Welbeck, we're going to get a genuine proven quality goalscorer. Whether one is available is another question. But I wouldn't be biting my lip and anticipating PEA or any other unproven 'potential' striker arriving at the Emirates this summer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I actually like PEA. Think he has great potential and fantastic physical attributes which of course is why Wenger would have any interest. But after some thought, PEA and the project he represents seems eerily similar to Welbeck. I think we already have a striker with potential and great physical attributes while being unproven. If we're going to go in for striker, I ultimately think it won't be another project a la Welbeck, we're going to get a genuine proven quality goalscorer. Whether one is available is another question. But I wouldn't be biting my lip and anticipating PEA or any other unproven 'potential' striker arriving at the Emirates this summer.

He's 26 and 2 years older than Welbeck. He should be in his prime right now which is pretty worrying.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He's 26 and 2 years older than Welbeck. He should be in his prime right now which is pretty worrying.
Didn't realize he was 26. Feels like I've been waiting for him to burst out for a few years now. 16 league goals isn't bad for him last season. Certainly more advanced than Welbeck but as I said I think we only go in for quality this summer, and you're right PEA should be in his prime right now which for us we have no need for another worrisome project. But I can't help but just think what Wenger could do with this lad and his physical attributes. PEA is an exciting player.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's a better Welbeck imo, which also means they are too similar.

Welbeck (or Walcott) would have to leave if we signed him, which I don't see happening.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Considering the majority of this forum name Reus on their wishlist but don't want Dortmund's best player this season in PEA is weird to say the least.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Considering the majority of this forum name Reus on their wishlist but don't want Dortmund's best player this season in PEA is weird to say the least.
Let's just say being Dourtmund's best player this past season isn't quite the accomplishment it was a few seasons back.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Smokescreen for Reus :D Rumours that we wanted him last year before the injury.

cannonade

Established Member
We could have bought PEA a couple of years ago when Dortmund did. His price was lower and we (Arsenal fans) were on the look out for another attacker. Wenger didn't bite then, he's more expensive now, and we have Alexis, Welbeck and a healthy and improving Theo. Can't see Wenger going for him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

My Gervinho comment was a tongue in cheek for those wondering. Seriously don't can't see this happening.

cannonade

Established Member
The valuation being thrown around makes little sense either. What has he done to be worth €40m? Throw that money at Reus, if you will.
Really. I think Dortmund paid 16 or 17M for 2 summers ago. Don't think he's that much better now and he's 2 years older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom