• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 3rd of January @ 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

vantoure

Because the evidence is overwhelming based on this season's form and results. If you don't get it yet, our defensive calamties doesn't really depend on personnel as the Liverpool, United and now this game have shown. Whether or not we play our strongest back three/back four is irrelevant. The outcome is the same. The underlying cause is far more complicated than just the difference between Chambers and Koscielny.
Ok I understand you now, i.e. the context of our defensive form this season, fair enough I guess. Even then though, the first 2 one-on-ones that morata had, Chambers should have done better, and I'm certain koscielny would have dealt better as he's faster and very good in those situations

But I read your original post as saying Chelsea generally played better than us, which I disagree(d) with.

Sudders

I honestly can't understand what I'm reading in this thread... The difference between the 2 so called penalty shouts is massive.

Bellerin was trying to clear the ball from the area, if he 'tapped' Hazard then that clearance wouldn't have gone very far would it? He tried to lamp it, completely missed the ball and kicked an opponent's foot in the area. Was it an annoying decision? Yes. Are we frustrated because we always seem to give rubbish, easy penalties away? Yes. But however you look at it it was a penalty.

Wenger is using these decisions against us (admittedly some bad but if you ask every set of fans they will have their own gripes) to deflect away from the fact that he cannot create an even remotely solid defense.

It can't be a coincidence that defenders have their best form for us when they first join us and then we somehow manage to coach it out of them. 2 simple long balls catching out our entire defence is not good enough and all the 'manager' does is sit on his hands.

It simply isn't good enough and won't change until we have a change at the very top.

Sudders

He kicked his foot, he didn't even argue the decision. From the moment he touched him he had a guilty look all over him.

Sudders

Chambers was horrific all game, any decent manager would have changed us to a 4 at the back and coat hooked him at half time.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But I read your original post as saying Chelsea generally played better than us, which I disagree(d) with.
Chambers and Holding looked nervous against Morata and Hazard, a big step up in class, in talent and worth.

Still, like the resistance against the Empire, we may have been outgunned, but with Obi wan kenobi in the dugout, our force awakened and the X wings cut through their defence.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
He kicked his foot, he didn't even argue the decision. From the moment he touched him he had a guilty look all over him.

Personally I can see why it was given but FYI Bellerin never argues Pen decisions, even when they are a stone cold travesty of justice.

I suspect he may be a simpleton.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bellerin should have gone down clutching his foot and rolling over, like it was a genuine clash of feet. That would have confused the ref.

We're f*** at play acting. Hazard and Sterling, absolute masters.

We need to employ Ian McKellen ffs. There's probably 12 points a season at least up for grabs here.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal aren't allowed to play act or dive. The media crucify us for it. Look at them having a pop at Wilshere, just like did with Cazorla, and I'm sure no one has forgotten the Eduardo hate campaign.

Meanwhile the likes of Hazard and Alli are free to do as they wish.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I would like to demonstrate to some posters what kicking someone really is. Not arguing penalties is what we do, apart from Mustafi and Xhaka.

On that note, kudos to Mustafi for getting in baldie's face.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Arsenal aren't allowed to play act or dive. The media crucify us for it. Look at them having a pop at Wilshere, just like did with Cazorla, and I'm sure no one has forgotten the Eduardo hate campaign.

Meanwhile the likes of Hazard and Alli are free to do as they wish.

That was turned into an international incident.

CJJ

Established Member
I look at a guy like Andreas Christensen yesterday and then at Chambers and Holding.. similar salary and age.

They are just miles apart and it makes me wonder if we just keep these two guys because of their passports.

We need to aim for better - and these two lads are not our long term answer.

BobP

Memri Fan
I look at a guy like Andreas Christensen yesterday and then at Chambers and Holding.. similar salary and age.

They are just miles apart and it makes me wonder if we just keep these two guys because of their passports.

We need to aim for better - and these two lads are not our long term answer.

Christensen would look just as bad, maybe even worse than the two mentioned, if he played for Arsenal.

CJJ

Established Member
Coaching fam
Can't say i agree but i get what you're saying.
Regardless of coaching i would expect to see individual brilliance, but neither Holding nor Chambers has anything special about them. Atleast a guy like Christensen showcases he's a composed ball playing CB.
I dont see what Holding or Chambers excel at.

infinium

Regardless of coaching i would expect to see individual brilliance, but neither Holding nor Chambers has anything special about them. Atleast a guy like Christensen showcases he's a composed ball playing CB.
Chambers was really good at Southampton and even in his early days with us. Something weird has been happening to our youngsters for years now. They seem to get worse not better.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yes that's right individual skills on how to use your body to get ahead of your opponent and one on one defending something you develop as kid growing up . Which is why I found some of Callum defending strange , he didn't defend his line to the ball when he and Morata were chasing the ball , even though he had the advantage and ended up getting outmuscled which was ridiculous .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom