• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Leeds | Valentines Day Special | KO: 16:30 | UTG | Sky Sports

Should we cross the ball lots given we are taller than Leeds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

simba

Manberg Again
Could it be that Arteta just doesn't rate Martinelli that much? He didn't exactly use him loads when he first took over either.

No, I don’t believe this one bit. Another conspiracy theory.
He’s spoken highly about Martinelli every time that he was asked about him. He also bought him straight in the team when he got back from injury, ahead of Willian and Pepe.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
No, I don’t believe this one bit. Another conspiracy theory.
He’s spoken highly about Martinelli every time that he was asked about him. He also bought him straight in the team when he got back from injury, ahead of Willian and Pepe.
Well I hope so. He hasn't exactly played huge minutes under Arteta.

Happen alot this season Arteta game management is still poor but I'm more frustrated with all these experience players lose the focus easily specially against team like Leeds who never give up
A midfield with bigger and better players in possession will aid this. Bissouma and Aarons for RB could really strengthen the team. And maybe a striker to replace Laca.

MikeVinna

Established Member
How much does Mikel have to see of Willian to cast him aside? Pushed Özil, Guendouzi out but keeps playing this fraud. He’s not even putting in any effort whatsoever. Is Tets blind?

Melquiades

Brilliant first 50-55 minutes. Last 35 minutes a total disaster class. Highlights where the team is right now - can show real potential in spurts in the right situations but mentally fragile.

ESR-Ødegaard-Saka-Auba up front were terrific. All kinds of dynamic interplay there. Feel a bit for Pepe getting dropped after playing well in recent games, but you can see what they were trying to do and it worked perfectly.

CB pairing was hardly tested in the first half, then looked shaky in the 2nd half. Holding probably needed a rest, but David Luiz can sit on the bench for a while now, I think.

Ceballos looked excellent in the first half and was then a headless chicken late. Xhaka continued his solid play.

Bellerin scored and had some decent moments ... but also some terrible ones. Awful touch when he would have been in clean, completely skinned on the 4-2 goal.

Willian ... ugh. Like, I understand what they're trying to do. It's easy for supporters to say 'BENCH HIM FOREVER!' but they have a ton of money invested in the guy and have to try to get him turned around or find a situation where he can contribute. He's been dropped from starting PL games since mid-December but they're giving him garbage time minutes in blowouts to show something (Pepe would have come on if we needed a goal) or get some confidence. But **** he's bad. Looks like a totally lost cause.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A midfield with bigger and better players in possession will aid this. Bissouma and Aarons for RB could really strengthen the team. And maybe a striker to replace Laca.
The tow goals came from lose of focus first with poor marking from corner where we usually very good defending corners and the other bellerin just losing his man our midfield is good today i feel Ceballos and Xhaka completely dominate the Leeds attack all came from wide areas

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
For anyone who is too critical of the two goals. Leads are one of the few teams with 40+ goals.

While losing 5+ more games than the others.

It's what they do. There's no shame in conceding to Leeds. There's shame in not outscoring them, which we did.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Brilliant first 50-55 minutes. Last 35 minutes a total disaster class. Highlights where the team is right now - can show real potential in spurts in the right situations but mentally fragile.

ESR-Ødegaard-Saka-Auba up front were terrific. All kinds of dynamic interplay there. Feel a bit for Pepe getting dropped after playing well in recent games, but you can see what they were trying to do and it worked perfectly.

CB pairing was hardly tested in the first half, then looked shaky in the 2nd half. Holding probably needed a rest, but David Luiz can sit on the bench for a while now, I think.

Ceballos looked excellent in the first half and was then a headless chicken late. Xhaka continued his solid play.

Bellerin scored and had some decent moments ... but also some terrible ones. Awful touch when he would have been in clean, completely skinned on the 4-2 goal.

Willian ... ugh. Like, I understand what they're trying to do. It's easy for supporters to say 'BENCH HIM FOREVER!' but they have a ton of money invested in the guy and have to try to get him turned around or find a situation where he can contribute. He's been dropped from starting PL games since mid-December but they're giving him garbage time minutes in blowouts to show something (Pepe would have come on if we needed a goal) or get some confidence. But **** he's bad. Looks like a totally lost cause.

Tbf we still had quite a few chances. Auba hit the bar and Saka and Cedric could’ve scored.

The goals were really poor and we’ll have to cut those errors out against City next week.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
The goals were really poor and we’ll have to cut those errors out against City next week.

That header was class imo. Don't know if I fault us too much there.

Second goal though, yes. Bellerin got rinsed and Xhaka was caught on the wrong side (though he was covering space further up so somewhat understandable)

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Tierney back against city and Leicester is huge can't have Cedric against good wingers and offer little offensively we desperately need Tierney back for our offensive game

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Well that didn't go according to plan, but **** happens.

Good luck with the rest of the season.

And if you see me stomping around Finsbury Park in my Leeds scarf and face mask be kind.
You having good season anyway sort out the defense and you'll be more good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom