PL: Crystal Palace v Arsenal | December 28, 2017 | 20:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Lookin' for a new Baby, Dec 27, 2017.

?

What will be the result of this match?

Poll closed Dec 28, 2017.
  1. Arsenal Win

66.7%
  2. Draw

16.7%
  3. Woy Wins

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazycarrots

Crazycarrots Active Member

2. tap-in

tap-in :-)

I was annoyed with Wenger again last night, why does he always go and change things when we are playing well. From the moment he took off Lacazette for Coq we were up against it. Why not go for the next goal rather than think oh 1-3 we are safe now. We are Arsenal 2017, we are never safe!

3. ptrcopp

ptrcopp Active Member

To add to the discussion on the sameness point: The reason we were safe at 3-1 was because of the pace of Laca and Alexis, with at least one trying to get in behind forcing their defence back. Ozick also joined in occasionally. WHen Laca came off no one is doing that anymore because Alexis decides to play as a false-9 when he is through the middle, which is only good when you had fast wise players.
    We ended up with an incredibly disjointed mid and attack. Wilshere (not Wilshire ffs) didn’t seem to know where he was playing, and there were a couple of clips AMN was telling Coq what to do

4. Lookin' for a new Baby

Lookin' for a new Baby New name pending...

Why not go for goal diff?

5. Lookin' for a new Baby

But you do match threads so well, you're so good at it they're the best!:lol::D

American_Gooner likes this.
  6. tap-in

Exactly, our GD is way down on the teams above us, it could end up being the difference between 4th or 5th. or even 6th or 7th :(

7. tap-in

Yep, attack used to be the best form of defense in The Wenger manual, not any more!

8. Crazycarrots

Crazycarrots Active Member

Get a room!

9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Hipster

Bellerin is 22, he’s still developing, yet not many, if any, I would take over him from world football.

Bellerin is fine.

10. redanddread

redanddread Always negative

I thought we stopped playing once we subbed off Lacazette. On several occasions we had the opportunity to play forward yet we faffed around with the ball, ended up playing it back to Cech who then pumped it upfield and allowed Palace to start an attack - we did this so many times once we brought on Le Coq. We had an extra midfielder but seemed to lose control of the game allowing Palace into the match.

We really should have been adding goals rather than trying stave off Palace at the end. If we're forced to defend, we can't without a great big dollop of luck, simple.

The fact that we had played so well for most of the game and really should have won by more could have been totally wasted due to our weak defensive aptitude.

11. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright

Bellerin's so heavily criticised while Kolasinac has been quite underwhelming on the whole yet people were baffled by him being dropped for a couple of games.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  12. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

You do match thread till you lose buddy , that's the golden rule .:)

Gooner Zig and American_Gooner like this.
  13. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

[​IMG]

Hector indirecting Theirry here, lovely

14. Lookin' for a new Baby

I've never done a match thread.

15. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

We are posting in a match thread you started :p

16. Lookin' for a new Baby

No I didn't, AmercanGooner did

celestis likes this.
  17. GDeep™

GDeep™ Hipster

Henry is a prick of a pundit. Really brought into the Sky machine with some of his crap.

18. tap-in

We won, delete the above post and take the credit! :lol:

19. Lookin' for a new Baby

Oh yeh, it was me what dun it.:lol:

celestis likes this.
  20. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

He is there to stir the pot. Getting more and more feeling that Henry doesnt care about Arsenal at all.

American_Gooner and Tir Na Nog like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.