PL: Everton vs Arsenal | Saturday 21st December | KO: 12:30 | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Dec 16, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2019.
  1. Arsenal Win

32.6%
  2. Draw

24.4%
  3. Everton Win

24.4%
  4. OnlyOne is kinda cool lets be honest.

18.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

At the bold, I was fine with it. I have long believed we needed to do this in the interim considering a lot of our senior players have not displayed the work rate and quality this season either. It wasn't entirely great but I have no complaints and I'm proud of them. Will continue to advocate for them.

2. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Why do I get the feeling Ty was somehow involved

krackpot, Riou and American_Gooner like this.
  3. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Even if i didn't see the game but every point away from home this season is positive with way things going. Clean sheet was surprising considering we got injury crisis

4. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Happy with that tbh, big thanks to the everton fans who were awful, really think if they created an atmosphere like they did against chelsea they woulda pumped the team up and we woulda lost

krackpot likes this.
  5. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Not good display for sure, but at least Everton could not bombard us with gazillion chances away from home. That must be considered an improvement along with zero goals against. They won Chelsea and drew at OT.

6. yousif_arsenal

Also love it AFTV getting bullied Need to sort themselves out stop being c**ts support the team even if it going to take long process

SingmeasongSong and drippin like this.
  7. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

Also pretty pleased not to be derailed by Walcott or Iwobi, wish them well though all the same;

Mo Britain likes this.
  8. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

'Get Brexit done', it's all about repetition bro.

9. ScotsGooner89

ScotsGooner89 Active Member

Probably the worst game of football I’ve ever seen. Glad we’re at the start of a new era, I doubt Arteta will put up with that sort of performances coming from the club that he has. Clean sheet is a positive, obviously, but Everton were extremely poor.

Fewtch and GeorgiaGunner like this.
  10. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Active Member

Awful game ,really poor. Was praying not for any injury time. Plus side a rare clean sheet,not a defeat and youth played. Arteta has a big big job on his hands but I was throughly impressed by his press conference. Thank you Freddie

11. yousif_arsenal

I think Freddie done well away from home the only negative the lose against Brighton at home.

Thankful for his service he took us where we are in bad situation

12. roz

roz Well-Known Member

Positives from the game:
    Clean sheet
    Everton will go down long before we ever do
    Xhaka decent game
    Saka decent game, coped well.
    Torreira decent game
    Martinelli is our 1st name on the teamsheet after Leno.

Negatives:
    We couldnt beat the only team to be considerably worse than us.
    Cant seem to go up a gear ever.
    No urgency.
    Elite/unreal/best striker ever having another stinker of a game

asukru, drippin and SingmeasongSong like this.
  13. ArsenalFever

ArsenalFever Active Member

That's all good but I expect the club to show the fans a good performance once in a while.

14. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Active Member

Everton are such scum calling handball every few minutes

15. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Agree with most, but I'm kinda between the lines in oppinion on Auba - he's without much argument one of the best strikers in the game and thus could probably be called worldclass (even though with his current attitude most certainly not), but I'd still not be very saddened for him to leave.

Firstly, due to the obvious reason that everyone that doesn't show up with the commitment we want to see needs to **** off, but also secondly, that he'll never be in the absolute top tier of world football simply due to his lack of overall ability.

He doesn't have a striking flaw, but he's got many things he's just simply good average - have someone like RVP on in that game and he just drops back and takes the lead on the buildup.

Auba couldn't do that even if he wanted to.

16. yousif_arsenal

Everton got 4 points against Manutd away and Chelsea at-home they pick some good form before this game

17. CJJ

CJJ Well-Known Member

Did we get lucky with a VAR decision today? Many of my friends say that Willock handball should've been a penalty. Personally i didnt make much of it. Looked like it was chest height.

18. roz

roz Well-Known Member

Its well documented on here that I dont nor ever have particularly rated him. Just dont see what everyone else does. Sure he’s a decent/good goalscorer but really nothing else. Shiyte mentality as well.

19. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

20. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Overall, a lackluster game. But I feel pretty good about it. Arsenal got a clean sheet away from home. Hell, Arsenal got a clean sheet. The defense was better and a little more committed today. You might say Everton had a hand in that and you'd be right. But on the other hand they've just beaten Chelsea 3-1 and drew 1-1 with United, so those teams didn't shut them out. I thought Chambers was really solid today. I was especially pleased with Saka, who didn't do a bad job at left back.

It's tough to be sharp and coherent with so many youngsters in the team at once. Martinelli and Nelson looked dangerous at times, but Arsenal just needs to do a better job of creating chances around the box. I think that will come. It's an easier fix with the sort of talent Arsenal has than fixing the defense.

Torreira was really good today. Xhaka was better. Will be interesting to see what happens with Granit if the reports of him wanting to move to Hertha Berlin are true.

asukru, Gooner416, Mo Britain and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.