• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL I Arsenal v West Brom I Boxing Day I 3pm GMT

Result

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jm89

Start where? In place of the league's second top goal scorer? Sanchez was rubbish this week but he can't be dropped. He is our best player. He craves the game too.

I didn't mention dropping Sanchez, I meant in place of our wingers who have been awful the last few weeks!.. Perez has started and played on the wings and has been very effective for us when he's been given his chance he has better ball retention then Theo, ox & iwobi and is a better goal threat then all three.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I didn't mention dropping Sanchez, I meant in place of our wingers who have been awful the last few weeks!.. Perez has started and played on the wings and has been very effective for us when he's been given his chance he has better ball retention then Theo, ox & iwobi and is a better goal threat then all three.
How do you get that he is a better goal threat than Theo? Stats don't really back that argument currently. Not that I am into stats.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
If it was up to me I'd play Özil and Coq in a midfield two with Xhaka behind them, just to try something new.

Would just like to see us try to do something different when what we're already doing clearly is not working, but no let's bash our heads through the wall instead of trying to find a way around it.

Jm89

How do you get that he is a better goal threat than Theo? Stats don't really back that argument currently. Not that I am into stats.
The reason the stats cannot back that up is because he has had very little game time, bar the first game he played for us he's been very effective in each outing! I'm not saying for him to start over Theo (even tho I think he's average at best) but on the left he should be given a chance especially the way he's linked with Özil & Sanchez In Previous games he deserves and start.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If it was up to me I'd play Özil and Coq in a midfield two with Xhaka behind them, just to try something new.

Would just like to see us try to do something different when what we're already doing clearly is not working, but no let's bash our heads through the wall instead of trying to find a way around it.
Surely it would work better with Xhaka - Özil and coq behind them.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Perez - 5 goals and 2 assists - 459 minutes played

Walcott - 11 goals and 2 assists - 1505 minutes played

Maxim

In fairness, all of Perez's contributions have come against Basel, Ludogorets and Nottingham Forest.

Also it's 3 assists for Perez.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

And this is why I hate stats. As much as I also want to see Perez I am mindful of the fact that these stats mean absolutely nothing. I'm not convinced by Perez yet. He didn't bowl away tough opposition by himself. These stats are from games where we expected a win from our squad. How will he fare in a game vs the Chelsea back 5? This was a panic buy.

blaze_of_glory

--------------Ospina--------------
Bellerin--Holding-Kos----Monreal
---------Elneny--Xhaka----------
Walcott-------Özil---------Lucas
---------------Alexis---------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom