<

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | Cancelled Due To COVID-19

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Mar 8, 2020.

?

Result?

1. City Win

21 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. Draw

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. Arsenal Win

11 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Corona Virus Win

16 vote(s)
    29.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

We definitely made a deal to be invincible. 20 years of bad luck or some ****.

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Isn't Sane supposed to be injured? How come suddenly he became available? Not worried about him more about De bruyne will tear us apart

3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

He's been in full training since the end of January.

4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yes saw he played against us in u23 game.

American_Gooner likes this.
  5. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

I would have taken Invincible league champions in 2004 and first London team to win the Champions League in 2006...and then never won a major trophy again, wish we made that deal with the devil!

Regarding Wednesday...

...think this will be very apt for every Arsenal fan post City game :lol:

roz likes this.
  6. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

First game since Arteta took over and I feel no hope, no optimism no nothing. Went to the west ham game and I can’t remember seeing us so poor at home when actually sat in the stands. Sad times.

7. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

[​IMG]

8. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Tbh I'd take 2004 all over again for another 20 years of sh1t!

9. Wagwaan

Wagwaan Member

Some of you fans are an embarrassment.
    Yes Man City are a level above us but they are far from unbeatable. Acting like we are Accrington Stanley or some ****. Arteta said it himself "Turn up on the day at are best and win the game". This is a Man City team who have lost more league games this season than we have. Have a little faith ffs.

LENO
    BELLERIN LUIZ MARI SAKA
    XHAKA CEBALLOS
    PEPE Özil MARTINELLI
    AUBA

zilfy and GoonerJay24 like this.
  10. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

CaseUteinberger and roz like this.
  11. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Martinelli must start. He caused them problems at The Emirates and Citeh are very susceptible to attacks down the flanks. Their defence on a whole is shakey af and we should make chances.

There’s never an ideal time to play Citeh but their focus will not be on this game, just like it wasn’t in the Manc derby. We can cause an upset here if we get it right- which I back Arteta to do.

Leno
    Bellerin Luiz Mari Saka
    Xhaka Ceballos
    Pepe Özil Martinelli
    Aubameyang

Frightening pace in that line up. Özil will get space to operate in and he can hurt them. We can’t be Emery-style cowardly here. Let’s take the game to them, we’re expected to lose- may as well make a go of it.

COYG!!

Wagwaan and roz like this.
  12. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Sane and De Bruyne trained today, fml.

13. Debre-Zeyit

Debre-Zeyit Active Member

For the love of God. Bench Özil for this.

---------------------Leno------------------------
    Bellerin-------Mustafi----Luiz-----Saka

----Pepe-----Cabellos----Xhaka----Martinelli

------------------Laca----Auba

Krevsnih, James Bond and UpTheGunnerz like this.
  14. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

You want them to just play through the lines and dismiss our midfield with one pass?

Not going to happen.

On another note i am going for a 0-2 win for us. Lacazette and Pepe to score. If we don't win it will be a 0-0 draw.

I'm more concerned about brighton game coming up, we should win that one on paper but i worry we will get another draw. Last year we went up a goal and mange to snatch a draw from victory (-__-) when we should have one.

15. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

...our two star attackers linking up for a last minute winner against City from 1995, expect the same from Auba and Laca in 2020.

Seriously though, if Pierre and Alex even have a successful one-two in this game, I will consider it a success considering how little I imagine us to have the ball :lol:

Oxeki likes this.
  16. GoonerJay24

GoonerJay24 Well-Known Member

This is what I mean; the medias constant putting Arsenal down has turned fans too negative.

Yes City have an abundance of quality but we have quality too.

Wagwaan likes this.
  17. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

the Holy Trinity of ****ness here

El Duderino likes this.
  18. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

The ****.... we are ****ed. :facepalm:

19. boxerumble

boxerumble Well-Known Member

Some of us are just being realistic tbh. Hard to be confident when I bet accrington Stanley would give us a game at the Emirates.

Also, when we played city earlier this season it was legitimately an elite team vs. a bunch of strangers from different five a side teams. This was also a home game. Arteta can only string together so much with this lot and unfortunately City at the etihad in these circumstances is one of those, play the game and move along scenarios.

20. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Here's Mikel on the whole Auba on the wing thing. Seeing how PEA has been going up and down the pitch to help Saka along with Xhaka, who tucks in constantly, I wonder if he'll ever try Martinelli there and move Pierre central.

Maybe it's too inexperienced of a left side, but we've been playing Sokratis as a full back, so...

tap-in, Wagwaan, m-due and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.