• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 24/10/04

Sammer

Established Member
Re: The team against Man utd

JazzG said:
Right lads (and lasses ;)) time to forget about another poor performance in the CL and think about this match. What team would you start with and why. For me

Code:
             Lehmann

Lauren    Toure   Campbell   Cole

Freddie   Vieira  Fabregas   Reyes

Bergkamp   Henry

Reason for no Pires is due to the fact those mancs are gonna try and kick the s**t out of our players and he usually doesn't like that treatment and lets it effect him. Reyes can take it and dish it out if needed ;) Reason for Fabregas is his passing skills and just so we can play our footy instead of letting it turn into a war. Freddie is in superb form for us he imo can not be dropped. Rest of the team is as usual.

Very good post. Thats exactly the team I would play on Sunday.

jeromelee

Re: The team against Man utd

Sammer said:
JazzG said:
Right lads (and lasses ;)) time to forget about another poor performance in the CL and think about this match. What team would you start with and why. For me

Code:
             Lehmann

Lauren    Toure   Campbell   Cole

Freddie   Vieira  Fabregas   Reyes

Bergkamp   Henry

Reason for no Pires is due to the fact those mancs are gonna try and kick the s**t out of our players and he usually doesn't like that treatment and lets it effect him. Reyes can take it and dish it out if needed ;) Reason for Fabregas is his passing skills and just so we can play our footy instead of letting it turn into a war. Freddie is in superb form for us he imo can not be dropped. Rest of the team is as usual.

Very good post. Thats exactly the team I would play on Sunday.

I concur as well. If only these players are fit, I'd say we have a good chance of beating Manc.

Henry absolutely cannot be resting in a game as important as this. We have seen how he was sorely missed when we lost to Manc last season. And we have seen how he would appear to be out of the game for 45mins or so and suddenly score some magnificent goal. We cannot do without him in this fixture if we are to win it.

Gunnerau

we should beat them easily. they have been struggling to score goals lately. if we lose i will be fookin sh1tty though. ironic how its mu that we play for the 50th unbeaten game.

A

Anonymous

Henry, Pires and Edu are now all injury doubts to add to Vieira and Clichy.

Its not lookin good.

jeromelee

Sol said:

Its not lookin good.

We cannot do without Henry and Vieira for this match. Edu I don't mind not playing.

jeromelee

Gunnerau said:
we should beat them easily. they have been struggling to score goals lately. if we lose i will be fookin sh1tty though. ironic how its mu that we play for the 50th unbeaten game.

It's definitely an FA set up. Just like how we had to play like 6 games in 10 days last season which saw us losing out to Chelsea in the CL and Manure in the FA Cup while also having to play Liverpool and the Toons.

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:

Its not lookin good.

Henry has said he will definitely be fit for Sunday.

Feis-al

Kyla said:
I wouldn't risk Vieira on Sunday- 50 game unbeaten run or not, it's not worth losing him over the course of the season. The unbeaten run will not matter in hindsight if it means risking an 80% fit Vieira on Sun!

We lose this game, our morale may be dented and the same motivation the mancs got when we drew them at highbury in 2003 to take our title can be catalysed by this match. We would rather risk Paddy and get a result, be it a draw or a win because it helps the psycological edge alot mate. Just have a broader picture of waht will come out and the further effects and will understand my view.

Deano

IMO Edu needs to get his head straight.

recently he has spent all his time flying to games with Brazil.

His head is being turned by supposed interest from Barca and his comments on how flattered he is. He needs to get his head out of his arse and graft. OT is no place to half hearted thinking of other things.

Maybe we should suprise the Mancs and play Pennat and or Flamini.

We do need a stopper in midfield though.

vin de guerre

Oh lets really get up Fungus's nose and send out our Carling Cup Team. This is after all just another three point EPL game. No more no less. The unbeaten run is unimportant and more of a burden than an advantage.
I really dont care anymore about the ****, they will not be challenging for the EPL at the end of the season. :evil:

KingReyes

Established Member
Feis-al said:
Kyla said:
I wouldn't risk Vieira on Sunday- 50 game unbeaten run or not, it's not worth losing him over the course of the season. The unbeaten run will not matter in hindsight if it means risking an 80% fit Vieira on Sun!

We lose this game, our morale may be dented and the same motivation the mancs got when we drew them at highbury in 2003 to take our title can be catalysed by this match. We would rather risk Paddy and get a result, be it a draw or a win because it helps the psycological edge alot mate. Just have a broader picture of waht will come out and the further effects and will understand my view.

Disagree, We should not risk Vieira, he could end up being out for longer. The record is not crucial but winning the league is and that is based on 38 games not one big game against the Mancs. Therefore its better to have Vieira out for one game rather than a few months.

Regarding the morale i don't think it will be dented, we lost two massive games in a row against Man Utd and Chelsea last season but bounced back well against Liverpool and if we lose on Sunday we have the character to bounce back and win games again.

1JL
12L 25KT 23SC 3AC

10DB 8FL 4PV 7RP

9JAR 14TH

Just a possibe selection but the 1 that was posted first is probably much better.

[/code]

gooner#1

Lehmann

Lauren
Toure
Campbell
Cole

Ljungberg
Vieira
Fabregas
Reyes

Bergkamp
Henry

subs 1.) pennant 2)almunia 3) Flamini 4)senderos 5)van persie

If paddy cant make we will have to stick mathieu in .

Spike

Established Member
I agree JazzG, also I really do hope Vieira is fit for the match, he'll provide the whole team confidence.

Canuck

Established Member
I would like to see Pennant play in the second half. After spending last season at Leeds I'm sure he has lots of pent-up feelings regarding the Mancs. He'd be given them hell to be sure. I'm not convinced that Flamini is tough enough to get involved in match that will be very very physical. If Henry can't make it I'd like to see Bergy, Reyes, and RVP on the attack.

lee1001

Established Member
Unfortunatly i can't see Wenger playing Fabregas 3 games in 8 days. If Vieira makes it i think the line-up will be...

Lauren Toure Sol Cole

Ljungberg Vieira Edu Reyes

Bergkamp Henry

If Edu plays like he did the other night, i.e. giving the ball away easily then i think a draw would be a great result

kel varnsen

Established Member
Sol said:
This whole game rests on if Vieira plays. If he plays, and is 100% fit I am really really confident of a result.

If he doesnt, then I fear for our record.

Without Vieira and Gilberto, our first choice centre mid we will struggle agianst Scholes and Keane. To be without these two for this game is a massive blow. When one or the other has been out Cesc has filled in brilliantly, but when they were both out, as in tonight, we stuggled, and it will be even worse at OT.

Even if Pat does play, I cant see him being 100% fit. A week ago I was so confident and couldnt wait for this game. Not so much anymore.

if vieira is out, then i would maybe bring in flamini. we need someone to kick the crap out of keane and scholes. flamini is an extremely agressive player...

legandary

Lehman
Lauren Sol Kolo Cole

Freddie Pat Edu Pires

Bergy Henry

Reyes, Cygan, Aluminia, Pennant, Clichy
Reyes off the bench early second half....he is great but pires and bergkamp offer a little more consistancy at this age

Also cesc and edu is a close one, but edu deserves to play with vieira at this stage based on experience and the performancs of the past.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
legandary said:
Lehman
Lauren Sol Kolo Cole

Freddie Pat Edu Pires

Bergy Henry

Reyes, Cygan, Aluminia, Pennant, Clichy
Reyes off the bench early second half....he is great but pires and bergkamp offer a little more consistancy at this age

Also cesc and edu is a close one, but edu deserves to play with vieira at this stage based on experience and the performancs of the past.

i think cesc should and will make the bench at pennants expence. i dont think wenger will go into the game without cover for central midfield, especially with paddy only just recovering from injury. the versatility of pires and ljungberg means that whenever a winger is hurt, reyes comes on and the other can cover the right wing while reyes takes the left. i really think cesc will make the bench ahead of pennant.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom