• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 24/10/04

A

Anonymous

Code:
             Lehmann

Lauren    Toure   Campbell   Cole

Freddie  Vieira/Flamini  Fabregas   Pires

Reyes   Henry

Subs: Aluminia, Senderos, Clichy, Pennant, Van Persie, Bergkamp

Wenger doesn't like to use subs.
I don't want Edu taking any part in this game. Not now, but next game.
Ever thought of Dennis replacing Pat in CM?

Senght

If I'm not wrong, Edu always seems to play better against big sides, Man U included. He will do a decent job, I guess.

vin de guerre

From some of the comments coming out of Old Ratford lately you would think we were going up to play some third division club in the FA Cup. A club who will do anything to win, sounds a little desperate to me.

KingReyes

Established Member
Vieira's chances of playing are getting better, if he's for i'm sure he and Edu will be in Midfield the reason being Cesc might be a bit weak physically. The rest of the team sorts itself with either Reyes or Pires falling to bench. Mu guess is it will be the latter.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I wouldnt be suprised if the whole Vieria injury was a ploy to get the Mancs more relaxed.

If you saw the knock he took, sure it looked bad....but it was on the shin!!!! Nothing to do with the ankle! This could be Wenger at his best...

i expect Vieria to play and if thats the case, the team picks itself IMO:

lehmann
Lauren Toure Campbell Cole
Ljunberg Cesc Vieria Reyes
Bergkamp Henry

3 nil to the Arsenal....Reyes, Ljunberg and Henry in a showcase of our skill....i hope.

efurze

Vieira better ****ing play. For the millions he makes every year he can damn well forget he's french and suck it up for the biggest game of the season so far. I don't care if his ankle's sore - he's a professional athlete, be a man. As long as his foot is physically attached to his leg he belongs on the pitch. If he doesn't play he doesn't deserve to be captain.

This is the time to start making up for the crap he put everyone through this summer.

Spike

Established Member
Vieira is fit to play. It was on one of the newspapers today which Skysports News went through.

quattro

If you saw the knock he took, sure it looked bad....but it was on the shin!!!! Nothing to do with the ankle! This could be Wenger at his best...
i noticed that. that was why i was a little surprised when come monday i heard that it was an ankle injury.

i hope we play vieira and cesc in the middle. i think cesc is ready for it, and after this and the carling cup match next week then i think he can take a breather. he's just too good to leave out and the vieira-fabregas center mid combo is debatably the best we can have at moment (and probably the best in the future).

Chips&CurrySauce

efurze, you're talking out of your arse. Vieira has played many times before whilst he has been carrying injuries. I rememebr he played with a thigh injury, he lasted only about 5 minutes before he broke down. I also rememebr him playing with a knee injury, his knee was totally strapped up, yet agin after about 10 minutes he broke down.

Its obvious Patrick wants to play, you can't question his committment, but if you're carrying a bad ankle injury then the worst thing to do is play on it, as you can very easily tear your ankle ligaments, then you'll be out for 6 weeks.

quattro

^ yeah... and its not like you can actually run let alone do anything useful on the pitch when you have an aching ankle sprain no matter how much you want to play.

A

Anonymous

This news has made my day.

Vieira and Edu against Keane and Scholes. Only one winner for me.

beanz

efurze said:
Vieira better f****g play. For the millions he makes every year he can damn well forget he's french and suck it up for the biggest game of the season so far. I don't care if his ankle's sore - he's a professional athlete, be a man. As long as his foot is physically attached to his leg he belongs on the pitch. If he doesn't play he doesn't deserve to be captain.

This is the time to start making up for the crap he put everyone through this summer.
efurze, have you ever tried running with a sore ankle? you just can't give it 100% no matter how hard you try.
If Paddy plays on Sunday whilst not fully fit and gets an even worse injury, that keeps him out for weeks or months, that's not good management, it's just plain daft to risk long term injury, even for one of the seasons most important games (from a fans point of view).

patrick42uk

Established Member
i also think edu will play. if fabregas gets this game, its bye bye edu. not that i'll mind that, but wenger wants to keep edu.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Chips&CurrySauce said:
efurze, you're talking out of your arse. Vieira has played many times before whilst he has been carrying injuries. I rememebr he played with a thigh injury, he lasted only about 5 minutes before he broke down. I also rememebr him playing with a knee injury, his knee was totally strapped up, yet agin after about 10 minutes he broke down.

Its obvious Patrick wants to play, you can't question his committment, but if you're carrying a bad ankle injury then the worst thing to do is play on it, as you can very easily tear your ankle ligaments, then you'll be out for 6 weeks.

Newcastle last season and Man United the season before, both occasions we were far better once he was replaced. He also played in the CL last season when clearly less than fit. and that knocked him out for around 6 weeks IRRC.

A

Anonymous

I hope Vieira is properly fit, and not being rushed in ala 2002-03 when he was rushed in at Highbury and consequently spent the rest of the season on the treatment table.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom