• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 24/10/04

algunner

I think am definate sure Viera will play considering Wenger said he is 50-50 means he is on the line up.

Well the line up is obvious on the back and goal keeper

Lehmann
Lauren Kolo Sol Cole

Fredie Viera Edu Pires

Bergkamp Henry

Subs: Taylor; Cygan, Pennant, Cesc, Reyes

I expect Pires to sub Reyes @ the hr, Depending on Arsenal performance, Cesc and pennant to show up towards the end of the match. My scoreline has never been right but Manutd might get some beating here 4-1 ..... and shut the whole England to have any comparison between arsenal and Manutd are even COZ we are much better than them by far.

patrick42uk

Established Member
if i were wenger, reyes would be the first name on my team-sheet. some ex-man united player made the point that two or three of our player lack a bit of bravery and i have to say, i agree. reyes along with probably ljungberg and bergkamp are the forward players we have whose performances arent affected by getting kicked.

tbbosa

My best team for the Mancs is :

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Sol Cole

Pires Fredie Vieira Reyes

Bergkamp Henry

I don't have a lot faith in Edu anymore and I don't think Cesc can handle 3 matches in 8 days. Freddie can handle the CM well, he can always swap with Bergkamp or Pires to make those diagonal runs of his. Also Pires and Reyes on the wings will give the mancs lots of trouble. This is a very attack minded team, without compromising the defensive aspect of our game. So let's see how Fergie can handle that "mob"!!

Feis-al

tarekgaber said:
KingReyes said:
I've read that Roy Keane is facing a late fitness test to be ready in time for the match. If he doesn't play and we win, look for excuses galore, however I do expect him to play.

Check out these head to head ratings

Managers..

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/sport ... _head.html

Strikers..

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/sport ... _head.html
Its RUMOURS mate!!!!

Boy are they honest in there Striker ratings! :!: , Never seen a ManC site so honest about Henry :D

AFCG7

Established Member
I think Vieira is going to play on Sunday and then be fully rested until the Panathanaikos game at Highbury..

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
I think Reyes should definitely start. As Patrick stated the few players in our team who ussally don't get jaded by the physical approach of the opposition:

Freddie and Reyes stand out. Its easy to take Pires out of the game...and also Henry..and to a certain degree Bergkamp. I think Pires..might come from the bench.

Mark

Established Member
Yes the likes of Bergkamp, Reyes and Freddie are must-starts for this game as they provide us with the kind of spirit that we sometimes lack from Pires in particular. I think Bobby's place is on the bench for the start of this match.

King_Henry_14

This is what I would do:

--------------------------------Lehmann------------------------------------

Lauren--------------- Toure ------------ Sol --------------------- Cole

Freddie---------------Pires------------------ Vieira------------------ Reyes

--------------------Bergkamp------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------- Henry-----------------------

efurze

Chips&CurrySauce said:
Its obvious Patrick wants to play, you can't question his committment, but if you're carrying a bad ankle injury then the worst thing to do is play on it, as you can very easily tear your ankle ligaments, then you'll be out for 6 weeks.

I disagree - I think after this summer everyone has a right to question his commitment.

And yes I do know what it's like to have a bad ankle, and it's possible to play through it. Strap it up, get a cortizone shot, and be a man. I'm sorry, but that's what captains do. Look at Curt Schilling for the Red Sox the other night - his ankle was shredded but he went out anyway and pitched 7 innings with his ankle LEAKING BLOOD. Back in the 87 NBA playoffs Kevin McHale famously played for 2 months with a BROKEN FOOT. NFL players routinely play with worse than that. It's what athletes who are committed to their teams do in big games. A sprained ankle is nothing.

People on here have pondered what the team needs to take the next step in Europe. Well I'll tell you - it needs grit and determination, and the best source of that is a captian who's not a ***** and isn't afraid to tough it out. But maybe it's a cultural thing and I'm just spoiled by American athletes who actually care about winning.

But this all appears to be moot as it looks like he's playing Sunday after all.

ashraf

it's a well known fact that american athletes are treated like cattle. Vieira was completely within in his rights to consider the madrid offer and at the end of the day he decided to stay.

kel varnsen

Established Member
tbbosa said:
My best team for the Mancs is :

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Sol Cole

Pires Fredie Vieira Reyes

Bergkamp Henry

I don't have a lot faith in Edu anymore and I don't think Cesc can handle 3 matches in 8 days. Freddie can handle the CM well, he can always swap with Bergkamp or Pires to make those diagonal runs of his. Also Pires and Reyes on the wings will give the mancs lots of trouble. This is a very attack minded team, without compromising the defensive aspect of our game. So let's see how Fergie can handle that "mob"!!

why on earth would anyone want freddie to play as a central midfielder? he is without any doubt, at his best on the left wing(and on the right wing).

rachael-8

Lehmann

Lauren
Toure
Sol
Cole

Fred
Cesc
Vieira/Flamini
Reyes

Bergie
Henry

Is it true Roy Keane maybe out with flu?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
efurze said:
Chips&CurrySauce said:
Its obvious Patrick wants to play, you can't question his committment, but if you're carrying a bad ankle injury then the worst thing to do is play on it, as you can very easily tear your ankle ligaments, then you'll be out for 6 weeks.

I disagree - I think after this summer everyone has a right to question his commitment.

And yes I do know what it's like to have a bad ankle, and it's possible to play through it. Strap it up, get a cortizone shot, and be a man. I'm sorry, but that's what captains do. Look at Curt Schilling for the Red Sox the other night - his ankle was shredded but he went out anyway and pitched 7 innings with his ankle LEAKING BLOOD. Back in the 87 NBA playoffs Kevin McHale famously played for 2 months with a BROKEN FOOT. NFL players routinely play with worse than that. It's what athletes who are committed to their teams do in big games. A sprained ankle is nothing.

People on here have pondered what the team needs to take the next step in Europe. Well I'll tell you - it needs grit and determination, and the best source of that is a captian who's not a ***** and isn't afraid to tough it out. But maybe it's a cultural thing and I'm just spoiled by American athletes who actually care about winning.

But this all appears to be moot as it looks like he's playing Sunday after all.

Would you rather have Vieira out for a couple of months just to prove to you how hard and committed he is?

Mark

Established Member
I don't think there's much truth to the flu thing. I doubt he'd miss this game unless there was anything really serious. Same goes for Vieira.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
doubt Keane will be out, but seriously, have you ever really had the flu? if you get it (fully), you wouldnt be able to play... its hard to breathe properly.. it would be like trying to play with bronchitis....

efurze

OneteaminLondon said:
Would you rather have Vieira out for a couple of months just to prove to you how hard and committed he is?

No of course not, but that's not the point. Playing with a sore ankle does not equate to missing 2 months. There's a chance it could happen, but that's true every game for every player. Big game + no Gilberto + Edu not playing well + Cesc tired + next 2 league games are southampton and palace + he's the captain + it's just a ****ing sprain = worth the risk.

It's the captain's job to lead by example, and when players see the captain playing through pain it strengthens the resolve of the whole team. Our European performances would certainly indicate it could use strengthening.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom