• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
These are the moments why many of us wanted a new manager. Utd are their for the taking, one week after they got totally dominated by West Ham.

Backing Emery to deliver, there are levels to this game, no way an Emery comes short against such a poor team with a PE teacher for manager.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah, you're right, I stand corrected. Checked the tackle stats in official EPL website.

Willock 5 tackles, 20% success rate, 284minutes.
Ceballos 7 tackles, 57% success rate, 329minutes.
Guendouzi 10 tackles, 60% success rate, 513minutes. He has also 11 interceptions. By far the best among Arsenal midfielders. Suprised me.
Xhaka 10 tackles, 60% success rate, 432minutes.
Torreira 4 tackles, 75% success rate, 140minutes.

Looks like that Willock's famous tackle against Liverpool was counted as only successful tackle so far.

I still like Willock's ability to track back and get back on defence. Dry stats don't repesent it yet, but I noticed his willingness to do defensive work. Youngin only lacks energy to do it consistently over 90minutes. With time Emery should play him more as b2b CM in midfield-3, not as AM.

Thanks for the stats! Guendouzi - the guy who cannot attack or defend! Stats can be twisted to purposes, they don't proof anything! :rofl:

Seriously, Willock is surprisingly bad there. I have seen him make some tackles and interceptions, hmm, do I remember correctly.

I think Emery will play Xhaka now, to bring some toughness and experience in difficult away game. Other one is Guendouzi, not sure about the last one.

I was thinking Ceballos for another shot at pressuring game away. Torreira another option, but he hasn't been that consistent yet.

Iceman10

Established Member
Look at that team ffs, if Pogba, Martial and Rashford really are out we have to win this or it will be a failure. Golden opportunity to finally get a win at OT again, can't waste it.

For me the key is to see a 4-3-3, not narrow diamond midfield. If Emery goes with the latter he would be playing this United team as if they are Liverpool, and for me it would really destroy any belief in him long term.

drippin

For me the key is to see a 4-3-3, not narrow diamond midfield. If Emery goes with the latter he would be playing this United team as if they are Liverpool, and for me it would really destroy any belief in him long term.

This is the problem. If he goes defensive and tries to counter attack, to limit what usually has happened at OT when we attack very much, he will be cursed here by certain people. "It was not a beautiful football win."

If we go attacking and they use the spaces in counter attacks, he will be cursed here. Lingard, James and Greenwood and company cannot break even Rochdale bus.

If he doesn't win, he will be cursed here. Not many options to succeed, with last win there 13 years ago.

Iceman10

Established Member
This is the problem. If he goes defensive and tries to counter attack, to limit what usually has happened at OT when we attack very much, he will be cursed here by certain people. "It was not a beautiful football win."

If we go attacking and they use the spaces in counter attacks, he will be cursed here. Lingard, James and Greenwood and company cannot break even Rochdale bus.

If he doesn't win, he will be cursed here. Not many options to succeed, with last win there 13 years ago.

I agree, that is a problem with A-M and a large section of our fans, but I've stated where I've understood decisions behind his tactics and selections regardless of results, so was fine with what he did at Anfield, but not with his starting line up against Spuds at Emirates (CM players selected).

If Emery goes with narrow diamond midfield, esp. if Pogba is out, he would be starting with what I perceive as an adjustment to our 'Plan A' 4-3-3 with a wrong inferior mindset going in (negative mentality), and he would also be playing to United's strengths despite having a relatively weak inexperienced set of players, so for example allowing them to maximise on Daniel James out wide, with his pace.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's less about how good a player I think Willock is (though I do think he is a good player) and more about the lack of physicality/athleticism in our other midfield options.

Old Trafford is a huge pitch and the ability to get up and down quickly is integral to success unless you plan on dominating possession (which we have shown little ability to do this season) or park the bus (which again, we have shown little ability to do this season).
Don't disagree with you but I recently found out that any team playing in the Europa/CL has the same size pitch due to UEFA restrictions.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Rex Banner We are all about charity and the community though mate , We'll get Greenwood a bumper new contract so he can buy his mum a new house . What's a measly 3 points when it comes to that ? :D

Also can guarantee we’ll keep Lingard a United player after he fills his boots against us.

drippin

Also can guarantee we’ll keep Lingard a United player after he fills his boots against us.

So we win anyway. Maybe they give him 250 000 pounds/week deal next! Such a great rotation player, who is only good at counter attacking.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah, you're right, I stand corrected. Checked the tackle stats in official EPL website.

Willock 5 tackles, 20% success rate, 284minutes.
Ceballos 7 tackles, 57% success rate, 329minutes.
Guendouzi 10 tackles, 60% success rate, 513minutes. He has also 11 interceptions. By far the best among Arsenal midfielders. Suprised me.
Xhaka 10 tackles, 60% success rate, 432minutes.
Torreira 4 tackles, 75% success rate, 140minutes.

Looks like that Willock's famous tackle against Liverpool was counted as only successful tackle so far.

I still like Willock's ability to track back and get back on defence. Dry stats don't repesent it yet, but I noticed his willingness to do defensive work. Youngin only lacks energy to do it consistently over 90minutes. With time Emery should play him more as b2b CM in midfield-3, not as AM.

Is everyone forgetting his tackle against Jonjo Shelvey that went viral?

Anyway tracking back is such a small part of defensive work. And defensive work is much more than just tackling. Restricting the time and space an opponent has on the ball and forcing errors is what he excels at. Teams that are hard to play against like Atleti or Pep's Barca have/had players all over the pitch that do this.

He doesn't need to make as many tackles as the others because he's strong enough to ease them off the ball in a physical duel.

He can close someone down in several fewer strides than our other less mobile midfielders. He can win first rather than 2nd balls from headed duels. He can add more presence when defending set pieces.

The stats don't demonstrate it yet, and he's definitely got some areas to polish (dwells on the ball too long). But his potential is monstrous.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Reading last few pages we will either beat them because of their supposed weak lineup or we’ll lose when we should really be winning because of Emery’s Emery.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

These are the moments why many of us wanted a new manager. Utd are their for the taking, one week after they got totally dominated by West Ham.

Backing Emery to deliver, there are levels to this game, no way an Emery comes short against such a poor team with a PE teacher for manager.

Actually think we are going to destroy United.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Reading last few pages we will either beat them because of their supposed weak lineup or we’ll lose when we should really be winning because of Emery’s Emery.

You don't think it's a weak line up? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom