• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - LC: Arsenal vs Wigan | 11/11/08

SimplyFabregas

Established Member
Fabianski - 8

Wanted to dominate his box, kept a clean sheet and made a wonder save at the end.

Hoyte - 7

Solid in defence i thought, didnt really offer that much going forward.

Song - 8

Solid, composed, some great tackles.

Djourou - 8

Solid, composed, some great tackles.

Gibbs - 6

Uncomfortable in defence, but was given little help by Merida, good going forward, gave us another option.

Merida - 7

Some great passes and touches, but poor at tracking back and goes for hollywood ball to often.

Ramsey - 8

Strong, solid and controlled the midfield and played some great passes.

Randall - 5

Piss poor, all he seemed to do all night was misplace passes and wasnt really getting stuck in either.

Wilshere - 9

Incredible talent, some great runs and got stuck in aswell, and set up a goal with a great pass.

Vela - 9

Worked hard, should have done better a couple of times in the first half, but in the second he was immense, great assist and out of this world finish for his goal.

Simpson - 8

Don't rate him, but the boy took his chances well, he worked hard and benefited from the quality around him, can't ask for more.

Subs:

Lansbury - 6
Fonte - 6
Bischoff - 6

MOTM - tough choice, but going with Vela for that goal!

arsmile

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Wigan Player Ratings

Fab-7- I thought he was decidedly dodgy with crosses- he’s got the opposite problem (and it is a problem) to al- coming for everything, risks turning himself into gomes. But credit for a real contender for the best save I have EVER seen...safe into the top 5 for sure.

Hoyte-6- I think he’s probably the weakest link we’ve got in this team, far from a liability though and did his job

Song-8- thought him and djourou were brilliant as ‘the experienced ones’ some great heading and tackles and forward runs- it does fel weird having 2 DMs at CB

Djourou-8- same as song, great assist

Gibbs-7- great going forward- could have scored twice, a lot of pressure on him defensively and he just about coped...not the finished article in defence though

Wilshere-9- looks way ahead of where he should be, very good play all round and helped hoyte out in defence well, great tackle in the first couple of minutes! (and I think we protected him from the post-match interview!)

Ramsey-8- did well

Randall-8- did well, gives the ball away too much- but some of the stuff he does is brilliant

Merida-7.5- solid, one great pass to vela, otherwise decent

Simpson-8.5- 2 goals, can’t argue with that, I said before that I’m not his biggest fan because of the type of player he is-that’s still kinda true, but if he can regularly put in performances like that he could make himself a viable option

Vela-8.5- some bad decision making in the first few attacks, but a great great goal

Bischoff-6- happy to see him play

Lansbury-5- did a couple of good things and lost the ball once in a dangerous area, another one that I think may be short of making it here though

Fonte-5- glad he got his debut, I’ve always liked him

Nice, the difficult thing is finding out how to bleed these guys into the first team, we want them all to make it here- we don’t want to have to sell them.

DC Gunner

Established Member

Fabianski 7

Hoyte 6
Song 6.5
Djourou 7
Gibbs 5.5

Merida 5.5
Ramsey 6.5
Randall 5.5
Wilshere 7.5

Vela 8
Simpson 7

Linson

Fabianski - 8 - Looked a bit shakey at times but produced an amazing double save when it counted

Hoyte - 6 - Failed to cut many crosses and De Ridder beat far too many times.
Song - 7 - Good performance
Djourou - 8 - Pulled off some fantastic challenges. Brilliant performance
Gibbs - 6.5 - Positionally a bit naive but made very good contributions.

Merida - 6 - A but faceless really, can't think of anything worthy of note.
Ramsey - 8 - MOTM Ran the show, good tackling, great passing and didn't mind getting stuck in
Randall - 7 - Positionally accounted for Ramsey giving him the space. Did well.
Wilshere - 7 - Didn't really shine as much as we all hoped though still played well.

Vela - 8 - Worked hard and thouroughly deserved his goal.
Simpson - 8 - Very good play and two goals to cap it off

go49oner

Established Member

Fabianski 8

Hoyte 7
Song 7
Djourou 8
Gibbs 7.

Merida 6.5
Ramsey 8.5
Randall 7
Wilshere 9 MOTM (his going to be something really special)

Vela 8
Simpson 8

Lansbury N/A
Bischoff N/A
Fonte N/A

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

DC Gunner said:
Fabianski 7

Hoyte 6
Song 6.5
Djourou 7
Gibbs 5.5

Merida 5.5
Ramsey 6.5
Randall 5.5
Wilshere 7.5

Vela 8
Simpson 7

Seriously?

This team just dominated and turned over premiership opposition!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Fabianski 7
Hoyte 6
Djourou 7
Song 7
Gibbs 6.5
Randall 5.5
Ramsey 6.5
Wilshere 7.5
Merida 6.5
Simpson 7.5
Vela 8

dionysius

Fabianski - 7 - shaky play compensated by brilliant saves

Hoyte - 6 - did his job, but looked a bit shaky at times
Song - 8 - solid with some good passes
Djourou - 8 - solid
Gibbs - 6 yes, he's good going forward but Wigan was allowed to get too many attacks going down their right

Merida - 6 - anonoymous
Ramsey - 7 - solid and dictated play
Randall - 5 - too many stray passes, not much other contribution of note
Wilshere - 8 - excellent ball retention skills and a great assist

Vela - 8 - brilliant goal, brilliant assist, would have gotten atleast a 9 if he wasn't wasteful at the start
Simpson - 7.5 - 2 well taken goals, but I thought he wasn't great otherwise, didn't make good use of possession when he had the ball.

subs - 6 - none of them stood out, and the team seemed to have let up the pace when they came on.

sabret00the

Established Member

Fabianski - 6 - He's not as good as his imagination just yet.
Hoyte - 6 - Was ok.
Song - 7 - A defensive rock.
Djourou - 7 - Just shy of Song, could've helped Gibbs out a little more.
Gibbs - 7 - Must work on his defensive game, especially tactically, was awesome going forward.

Merida - 6 - Very ordinary.
Ramsey - 7 - Failed to make a consistent impact, but was generally good in possession.
Randall 5 - Urghh.
Wilshere - 7 - Outstanding performance. I say he lacked discipline, others say he was charged with the free role: All in all, it marred his performance. - MOTM

Vela - 7 - Good game.
Simpson - 7 - Some Bendtner-esque decision making aside, he was the right side of OK

Lansbury N/A
Bischoff N/A
Fonte N/A

go49oner

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
DC Gunner said:
Fabianski 7

Hoyte 6
Song 6.5
Djourou 7
Gibbs 5.5

Merida 5.5
Ramsey 6.5
Randall 5.5
Wilshere 7.5

Vela 8
Simpson 7

Seriously?

This team just dominated and turned over premiership opposition!

Welcome to the A-M player rating thread :)

xcdude24

Established Member

Woo-Kash- 7.5

Hoyte-6
Song-7.5
Djourou- 7.5
Gibbs- 6.5

Merida- 6.5
Ramsey- 7
Randall- 5.5
Wilshere- 8.5

Simpson- 8
Vela- 9

No.8_Wright

Fabianski 7

Hoyte 7
Song 8
Djourou 8
Gibbs 6

Merida 7
Ramsey 8.5
Randall 5.5
Wilshere 9

Vela 9
Simpson 8

Brilliant performance!

Captain

Established Member

ramsey was the most exciting talent on display tonight in my opinion (that is ignoring the central defensive pair as I would consider them more then 'talents' now).

dutchMasta

Fabianski 7 (Shaky start, one crazy save and good otherwise)

Hoyte 6.5 (Decent defensively and always there for the support up front)
Song 8 (A rock at the back)
Djourou 7.5 (Solid as hell, and a nice assist to cap it off)
Gibbs 6.5 (Troubled defensively but added a lot going forward)

Merida 6.5 (Didn't help out in defense much, but some nice passes forward)
Ramsey 7 (Tricky, some great moments to get out of sticky situations, decent)
Randall 5.5 (Sloppy, moreso than others who also had moments, but was getting a bit annoying)
Wilshere 8 (What a player, awesome pass for the 1st and some great dribbling)

Vela 8 (Missed a major one on one, but was on fire after that, awesome chip)
Simpson 7 (Bit sloppy, but very energetic, always making runs and hassling the defenders, 2 solid goals to cap it off)

WHY oh why didn't Coquelin play instead of Randall?!?

giuliob

Fabianski - 7 - He will just get better...
Hoyte - 6 - Decent job...
Song - 7.5 - Strong and solid..
Djourou - 7 - Nice assist at the end and a very good all round game...
Gibbs - 7 - Potential to be a very exciting player...Kind of stranded defensively...
Merida - 7 - Subtle game; beautiful passing
Ramsey -7.5 - He had a fine performance; lives up to the high expectations ...
Randall - 7 Very poor 1st half...Woke up the 2nd half.
Wilshere - 7.5 - Outshone the all the other midfielders in the first half...Really fun to watch...
Vela - 7.5 - He woke up in the 2nd half too...As sweet a goal that you'll see..
Simpson - 7.5 - He surprised me with his clinical finishing on the two goals..

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I missed the first 30 mins but was lucky enough to see Simpon's first goal. Really happy for the lad. I was really really impressed by the team's display in the first 20-30 minutes in teh second half. Decision-wise 95% of the players' decisions were correct, both on and off the ball. Collectively, the players' decision-making were so sharp. I was really surpised by that becasue I haven't seen this level of output from the two reserves games I watched. Not to mention all the sliding tackles and highly offensive pressing on Wigan's players. This team did even better than the first team in this aspect. Defensively, the shape and the distances between players were almost perfect. I am lost for words really. Flair, work rate, determination and tenacity, the players all showed these attributes in this game. If this bunch of kids can put this kind of periodic perfomanace in both halves and every week in Premiership, this team will get a UEFA Cup place. No sh*t.

Fabianski - 9
Gavin - 7
Djourou -8
Song - 8
Gibbs - 7
Ramsey - 9
Silshire - 9
Randall - 7
Merida - 7
Simpson - 8
Vela - 8

I usually can pick one or two things on each pleayer to give him a 5 or 6. But not this time. Perfect is the only word to discribe this game.

I am quite envious on thoese supporters in tonight's game. They were watching Real Madrid playing in Emirates, only the players are much much younger.

Hope my evaluaiton won't jinx the youngsters next game. :roll:

Kraig

Established Member

some of the ratings here are shocking. team with an average age of 19 turns over a full strength prem side and no-one higher than a 7!?!? you should be ashamed

fab - 7 - struggled with crosses but a great shot stopper, almost like casillas in that sense

hoyte - 6 - struggled at times but decent enough and no major problems
song - 7 - solid enough but not convinced hes a cb
djourou - 8 - great assist and solid enough in the air and on the ground
gibbs 7 - license to get forward but no help from fran made his night alot harder than it should have been

merida - 7 - showed his potential with some great passing and vision. tried to catch the eye a bit too much with some showboating that never came off and need to keep it more simple
randall - 6 - some nice passing occasionally, but let himself down by being sloppy and not sticking to the basics
ramsey - 8 - a mature footballer. strong on the ball and always looking for the right ball. few bad decisions but still looks the part.
wilshere - 9 - MOTM. say what you like about him being a kid, id have him ahead of a few of our first team already. his vision reminds me of cesc at the same age, as does his passing. tired out towards the end showing he isnt quite ready yet for regular action but should be involved in the first team far more than he currently is.

vela - 8.5 - how good was he 2nd half. frightning pace and ability. his goal was taken with true class and hes shown enough tonight to warrant more regular first team action
simpson - 8 - 5 chances, 3 on target, 2 goals. cant ask for more when youre an out and out striker. sloppy on the ball at times and didnt release the ball when he should but i think he could go on and have a future with us.

wenger - 9 - only doesnt get a 10 for letting randall have 90 minutes

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Fabianski - 7
Hoyte - 7
Djourou - 8
Song - 7
Gibbs - 7
Randall - 8 (brutally underrated by some fans. Held up the midfield with pride. Combines good effort with a skillful performance)
Ramsey - 8
Wilshere - 9 (MOTM)
Merida - 5 (Not his game at all, unfortunately. Weak defensively, anonymous in the attack. He won't start next time.)
Simpson - 7
Vela - 7.5

qs

Established Member

Fabianski 8

Hoyte 7
Song 8
Djourou 8
Gibbs 8

Merida 6
Ramsey 8
Randall 7
Wilshere 8

Vela 9
Simpson 8

qs

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
Randall - 8 (brutally underrated by some fans. Held up the midfield with pride. Combines good effort with a skillful performance)

Merida - 5 (Not his game at all, unfortunately. Weak defensively, anonymous in the attack. He won't start next time.)

Agree on Randall but he was responsible for over playing it at times. If he kept it simpler he'd be a really good player. He looks to me like someone who could develop into a Flamini type player but like Flamini its going to take time. He might not get that time here.

I completely agree that Merida was poor in defence and left Gibbs with an awful lot to do. He wasn't hugely involved in the game but when he did come into it I thought he looked pretty classy and did a couple of really good things. He should and will start next time if fit.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom