• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - LC: Arsenal vs Wigan | 11/11/08

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Wigan Player Ratings

Fabianski 12 (7 for the performance, the extra 5 just to spite Lukazan)

Hoyte 6
Djourou 7.5
Song 7.5
Gibbs 6.5

Wilshere 8
Ramsey 8
Merida 6.5
Randall 6

Simpson 7
Vela 13.5 (8.5 for the performance, 5 just for Luka)

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

If Vela, Ramsey & Wilshere don't turn out to be world class players something will have to go seriously wrong. Yes we've seen talented youngsters before who didnt make it, but those three are on a completely different level and how someone can't get exited and get a little carried away with them, then you have something seriously wrong with you.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

Lukazan said:
Screw you!

Honestly, I'm not sure why you're detest goals and assists and players who win games for us. I'd diagnose you with some form of cognitive issue which mixes up your emotions. If I get into med school, I'll study you.

In the mean time, I'd suggest you lock the door, roll up a joint and rewatch the Vela goal and the Fabski saves.

ricky1985

Established Member

Alfonso said:
ricky1985 said:
What if they are that good though mate?

Then they will be playing for Barcelona, Real Madrid and AC Milan. :wink:

Actually, I think Djorou has the biggest potential even though he is a defender and may get less attention. Ive always rated him since he first came on the scene (who remembers his performance away at OT in 06/07?) and so far this season he has shown last season was a blip/second season syndrome.

Just not getting carried away with Vela until we see him in full games in the EPL. Must admit Ramsey has suprised me though, what seperates him from his peers is his maturity, tenacity, and determination. But still has a long way to go.

Agree with you on Djourou. He has everything to be a world clas centre back. Great physical power, agressiveness (newly found), pace, great timing, composure, intelligence, very, very good ability on the ball and he's 6ft4".

I know I am getting a little carried away Alf, I cant help it. I do genuinely think in Wilshere, Ramsey and Vela we have three players who have boundless talent and potential.

Do you disagree that they can become proper world class footballers for Arsenal football club?

ricky1985

Established Member

raidersoftheark said:
Lukazan said:
Screw you!

Honestly, I'm not sure why you're detest goals and assists and players who win games for us. I'd diagnose you with some form of cognitive issue which mixes up your emotions. If I get into med school, I'll study you.

In the mean time, I'd suggest you lock the door, roll up a joint and rewatch the Vela goal and the Fabski saves.

You sir are a man with a plan.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

Fabianski 5
Hoyte 7
Djourou 8
Song 7
Gibbs 6
Wilshere 8
Ramsey 7.5
Merida 6
Randall 6
Simpson 7
Vela 7

Invincible

Established Member

Fabianksi 6
Djourou 7
Song 6
Hoyte 6
Gibbs 7
Randall 6
Ramsey 8
Wilshere 7
Merida 5
Vela 8
Simpson 7

dos1986

Established Member

Fabianski 7 Looked good, for a Pole

Hoyte 6 Average, like his brother
Djourou 7 Carling Cup Veteran and it showed, played well, still have huge doubts about him.
Song 7 Played well, still very dodgy
Gibbs 6 Solid, Wes Brown type performance

Wilshere 8 Special
Ramsey 7 Good, fitness isnt great for a 17 yo.
Merida 5 Horribile, if he cant up it against that lot, god help him.
Randall 5 Didnt expect much.

Simpson 7 Direct, liked it.
Vela 7.5 Should be closer the 1st team, still looks a bit heavy though.

Alfonso

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
Do you disagree that they can become proper world class footballers for Arsenal football club?

Too many variables to say. Will Arsenal be a world class football club for them to show their talents?

Ive seen more talented youngsters waste their careers so nothing is set in stone (e.g. Ortega). I have also seen less talented players make it to the very top contary to what people previously thought (e.g Lampard). The players you mentioned can become world class players, whether they will or indeed be world class players for us functioning in a trophy winning world class team remains to be seen.

If everything is equal then apart from natural ability it will be their hunger, ability to learn, motivation and mental strength that will define if they are going to be World Class or not. Reyes had the whole world at his feet when he was Vela's age and we all know what happened to him.

ricky1985

Established Member

Maybe so Alf, but there has to be a next generation of world class players come through, and these kids look as equipped to make it there as any.

I think Djourou, Ramsey, Wilshere and Vela are about as talented as they come in their respective positions.

There were a lot of variables involved when Man United had a golden genration come through and make it to the top, but Neville, Scholes, Giggs and Beckham all still all made it there.

At the end of it all talent is what gets you there. Everything else is secondary.

DC Gunner

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
DC Gunner said:
Fabianski 7

Hoyte 6
Song 6.5
Djourou 7
Gibbs 5.5

Merida 5.5
Ramsey 6.5
Randall 5.5
Wilshere 7.5

Vela 8
Simpson 7

Seriously?

This team just dominated and turned over premiership opposition!
Yes Seriously !

Fabianski did a howler when he came out for a throw in, missed, the ball dropped inside the box with an empty goal, he got saved by his defender.

Gibbs was not convincing defensively, especially in the first half where Wigan were using our left side as a base for their attack.

Merida did not even bother to track back while Randall passing left a lot to be desired.

Simpson got the 7 for the goals [credit to him], otherwise, he did not offer much.

Vela and Wilshere were what kept the team going.

I judge the player by what I see them doing [or not doing], this is not some school where kids are given praises for things not getting done only to fail in real life after having been failed by their teachers, each player has a role and shall be judged based upon that AFAIC.

kamikaze80

Established Member

ricky, you use the term 'world class' way too easily. believe it or not, we're not the only team with great young players. united have a few as well, with rafael and anderson being just two of them. barca are absolutely loaded with young players and i believe they beat someone like 6-0 a few weeks ago with a very young team. the media love to hype our carling cup side as much they love to bash the wussiness of our senior side. as always, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

fabianski - 6 - either you claim or you dont - fantastic double save though
hoyte - 6
djourou - 7 - wouldve been an 8, but that shouldve been a penalty
song - 8
gibbs - 7 - some very shaky moments and gave away the ball needlessly - he'll learn
wilshere - 8
ramsey - 8 - i dont always like his first touch - will get punished against superior opposition
merida - 6 - dont think england is the right league for him
randall - 6 - needs to keep it simple, not sure if he's got the right mentality
simpson - 6 - poor decision-making, but a classic english poacher
vela - 8.5 - love his movement and the finishing is obviously first rate - needs to figure out a way to be effective when there isnt as much space

j'nuh

Alfonso said:
Oh my days Rick. The boys played well but talk about overreaction. Gerrard Mark 2? Ballon D' Or? Vela potentially above 'world class'? :lol:

As I said good result, but in the greater scheme of things here on planet Earth.. we have been here before and before that.

'Above world class' doesnt make any sense but the other two are completely reasonable reactions. I understand people have fallen out of love with Wenger on here and that he can do no good anymore, but those two guys in particular are outstanding, outstanding talents - better than any young players we've ever seen before bar Cesc.

Ramsey in particular doesnt get anywhere near as much praise as he should because so many people on here laughed at his transfer fee and claimed he wasnt we need.

j'nuh

kamikaze80 said:
ricky, you use the term 'world class' way too easily. believe it or not, we're not the only team with great young players. united have a few as well, with rafael and anderson being just two of them. barca are absolutely loaded with young players and i believe they beat someone like 6-0 a few weeks ago with a very young team. the media love to hype our carling cup side as much they love to bash the wussiness of our senior side. as always, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

United's youngsters are absolutey light years away from ours.

gstew

Fabianski 6.5 Great double save, but shaky otherwise.

Hoyte 6.5
Song 7
Djourou 9
MOTM...didn't put a foot wrong
Gibbs 6.5 Good attacking, but poor positioning in defense. But Merida left him completely exposed.

Merida 5 Some good play, but his defending was comically awful. Left Gibbss 2 v 1 all game.
Ramsey 8.5 Excellent player who will someday be our Steve Gerrard.
Randall 5 Average player who will someday be a Championship side's Darren Ambrose.
Wilshere 8.5

Vela 8

Simpson 7.5 Even though he is a Championship level player, he could have had at least four goals today if Vela and Gibbs had passed to him when he had an open net. I am very happy for him, but I fear that today was the highlight of his Arsenal career.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

j'nuh said:
kamikaze80 said:

United's youngsters are absolutey light years away from ours.
Anderson shouldn't be counted as youth, otherwise we could count Nasri, Cesc, Diaby, Denilson etc.

Other than Rafael and Possebon, the other United youngsters are just about normal, nowhere near as talented as ours.

kel varnsen

Established Member

Fabianski 6. some great saves, some terrible aerial challenges gone wrong.

Hoyte 5
Song 7
Djourou 8
Gibbs 6

Merida 6
Ramsey 7
Randall 5
Wilshere 7

Vela 8
Simpson 6

very good game. ramsey, djourou, vela, song and Wilshere all look like they could have a really good future here.

hesham

Established Member

Fabianski 6.

Hoyte 5
Song 7
Djourou 7
Gibbs 6

Merida 6
Ramsey 7
Randall 5
Wilshere 8

Vela 7
Simpson 7

patrick42uk

Established Member

Its like we all saw different games. Song was ****ing brilliant. Surprisingly dominant aerially, dealt with crosses very well and make some good tackles. He was my man of the match.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom