• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
4Hgnhj2Niqd4_4Hgnhj2Niqd4_gFHqa80GH2x7_original_1440x960.jpg
That would have been harsh tbf.

You could argue it wasn't intentional. He wasn't looking at him.

But apart from that everything else went our way.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Never known anything like it, all these years I've been supporting Arsenal. I guess it had to even out eventually.
Crazy that we still have the sexuals complaining about referee decisions this season. In all my time of watching Arsenal, I've never seen us so benefitted from Ref decisions as we have this season.

It seems Arteta luck is a thing.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Starting with tomorrow its in our hands to throw away top 4.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Is it me or we've been a bit lucky with referee decisions this season.

At Goodison park, the referee was against Everton all night long. It was insane. But we still lost.

There are countless instances where we've benefitted from referee decisions.
Haha wtf. Check out the referee thread for my explanation for Everton. Did you sleep through the match?

Godfrey should have had 3 yellows or two yellows and a red, but got one yellow. He should have been out at least once, maybe twice.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Crazy that we still have the sexuals complaining about referee decisions this season. In all my time of watching Arsenal, I've never seen us so benefitted from Ref decisions as we have this season.

It seems Arteta luck is a thing.
Following your post @Riou finds a decision that went against us.
apple-computer.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Following your post @Riou finds a decision that went against us.
apple-computer.gif

If say, I dunno...maybe Arsène Wenger was still in charge, and we had the exact same season...I really doubt you would be saying we got lucky this season, considering calls that have gone against us...

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Starting with tomorrow its in our hands to throw away top 4.

The performance will matter most to me tomorrow. We are likely to lose, but as long as we put up a fight, I’ll be happy.

As for top four, I think we have done a lot of groundwork already. We’ve been to Anfield, COMS, Old Trafford, Brighton, Goodison, Leicester and that’s an advantage I reckon.

Away games left to negotiate include Chelsea, Sp**s, West Ham, Wolves and probably Villa.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

1200.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Been so favoured by refs/VAR this season, ain't we @American_Gooner

I don’t like when fans do this tbh. It reminds me of when RAWK thought there was a witch-hunt against them.

Sure, some of those are dreadful decisions but I can guarantee you that fans from other clubs in the PL have the same mindset with decisions that haven’t gone their way which is mainly due to the poor standard of refereeing in England.

A few incidents, I’ve come across on Twitter but I’m sure there are plenty:

FDnbJTfWUAMj7IA

FHYUMEIWYAQw8OT

FHzuQVdWYAMoVut

E-Gtt4aXIAEoodU

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The performance will matter most to me tomorrow. We are likely to lose, but as long as we put up a fight, I’ll be happy.

As for top four, I think we have done a lot of groundwork already. We’ve been to Anfield, COMS, Old Trafford, Brighton, Goodison, Leicester and that’s an advantage I reckon.

Away games left to negotiate include Chelsea, Sp**s, West Ham, Wolves and probably Villa.
Think we’ve got every chance tomorrow. City looked tired against Brentford, scored one goal and it was only two days ago. Our boys aren’t in a European campaign and had their match against Wolves postponed. We’re at home too. They’ll never get a better chance than this.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don’t like when fans do this tbh. It reminds me of when RAWK thought there was a witch-hunt against them.

Sure, some of those are dreadful decisions but I can guarantee you that fans from other clubs in the PL have the same mindset with decisions that haven’t gone their way which is mainly due to the poor standard of refereeing in England.

FDnbJTfWUAMj7IA

FHYUMEIWYAQw8OT

FHzuQVdWYAMoVut

E-Gtt4aXIAEoodU

All fans do, tbf...when United and Sp**s fans do it, it's ****ing hilarious though :lol:

Bad refs decisions affect games, so there is nothing wrong with talking about them...we could have had 5-9 more points this season, without them ****ing up the Everton, Brentford and United games for us.

But having been watching us since the 2000s, it does seem like they have an agenda against us...Arsène and his "foreigners" challenging Fergie's British boys has a lot to do with it in my opinion, plus we are seen as "soft" so refs let players get away with more against us.

There is no way you can't have grudges from some matches as an Arsenal fan, you have seen the same bullshit as I have.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I hate it :lol:

Think fans over do it. There was something to it back in the day particularly during our Man U rivalry, but Arsenal just aren't that club for refs to go out of their way like that.

I'd say the standards in the league are quite poor and I'd accuse one or two of having an agenda against us at the most. Overall though I feel like the decisions balance out over the season and you make your own luck.

Credit to Arteta he's made the team more vocal and I see them swarm the ref nowadays, or players (Ben White vs Norwich) I feel like those things have more of an effect and swing cards in your favour (or prevent them).

I think of all the times our senior players had their head down pretending they didn't see Xhaka losing the plot instead of getting inbetween him and the player he's trying to choke and stuff.

drippin

FDnbJTfWUAMj7IA

FHYUMEIWYAQw8OT

FHzuQVdWYAMoVut

E-Gtt4aXIAEoodU
The referees are really bad, have been for years. But it doesn't take away the fact that some of them really look like having agenda against Arsenal. Namely at least Dean and Moss.

Even my Tottenham fan cousin first said it's likely just that they're bad, but after recent years with me showing it, he has mostly agreed.

It's a recurring theme with them.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

All fans do, tbf...when United and Sp**s fans do it, it's ****ing hilarious though :lol:

Bad refs decisions affect games, so there is nothing wrong with talking about them...we could have had 5-9 more points this season, without them ****ing up the Everton, Brentford and United games for us.

But having been watching us since the 2000s, it does seem like they have an agenda against us...Arsène and his "foreigners" challenging Fergie's British boys has a lot to do with it in my opinion, plus we are seen as "soft" so refs let players get away with more against us.

There is no way you can't have grudges from some matches as an Arsenal fan, you have seen the same bullshit as I have.
Everton put 4 goals past us, it was good refereeing and VAR decisions that disqualified two very marginal offside good goals of theirs. And De Gea fell on the floor to gift us a goal, many refs would have blown before it came to ESR seeing a man injured like that, he wasn’t paying attention. We were nowhere near winning those matches. Wishful thinking.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I always feel that if the team is on a downward spiral refs find it easier giving decisions against you. They're human and they know that they won't get blamed even if they get a couple wrong, it will be the manager that cops most of the blame. Which is why its good that we have stabilised our performance a bit under Arteta.

drippin

Everton put 4 goals past us, it was good refereeing and VAR decisions that disqualified two very marginal offside good goals of theirs. And De Gea fell on the floor to gift us a goal, many refs would have blown before it came to ESR seeing a man injured like that, he wasn’t paying attention. We were nowhere near winning those matches. Wishful thinking.
Offsides are offsides, they don't count you know.

Getting a red always makes the other team have a good chance at winning the game.

Godfrey should have sent off 100%, but Dean had other thoughts.

Everton scored both goals after 79 minutes, when they should have played with 10 men. We led until that.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I always feel that if the team is on a downward spiral refs find it easier giving decisions against you. They're human and they know that they won't get blamed even if they get a couple wrong, it will be the manager that cops most of the blame. Which is why its good that we have stabilised our performance a bit under Arteta.
And the reverse has certainly been shown to be true. An analysis of the Leicester season showed that refs got carried away with their David v Goliath challenge in 15/16. They got some crazy decisions for them and a record number of penalties. As you say, refs are human.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

But having been watching us since early 2000s, it does seem like they have an agenda against us...Arsène "foreigners" challenging Fergie's British boys has a lot to do with it in my opinion, plus we are seen as "soft" so refs let players get away with more against us.

Refereeing decisions don’t really effect me as they did under Arsène Wenger tbh. The way we used to get robbed at Old Trafford during the 2000s was actually disgusting, those decisions at ****holes like the Britannia Stadium were also worthy of being criminal offences and I won’t ever forget how we got robbed in the CL against Liverpool 😤 Kuyt literally wanted Hleb’s shirt.

dirk-kuyt-of-liverpool-battles-challenges-alexandr-hleb-of-arsenal-picture-id80489398

Nowadays, I’m not even sure if I believe that referees still perceive us as “foreigners”, maybe soft but not “foreigners”. This Arteta team is completely different.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Offsides are offsides, they don't count you know.

Getting a red always makes the other team have a good chance at winning the game.

Godfrey should have sent off 100%, but Dean had other thoughts.
There’s no way they could have sent Godfrey off looking at the freeze frame he wasn’t looking at the player as he landed off balance. You and I may have thought it a clever move but the refs are not supposed to second guess motives. And the linesmen didn’t signal for offside in those Everton goals, only freeze frame VAR could spot the tiniest of offside. They would have been given before VAR.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom