• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

There’s no way they could have sent Godfrey off looking at the freeze frame he wasn’t looking at the player as he landed off balance. You and I may have thought it a clever move but the refs are not supposed to second guess motives. And the linesmen didn’t signal for offside in those Everton goals, only freeze frame VAR could spot the tiniest of offside. They would have been given before VAR.
Godfrey should have got at least a yellow, because that is dangerous play. He knows the player is there, and the ball is nowhere close. That can destroy an eye.

So the refs should take this kind of "accidental" hurting out of the game, or warn at least for players to be more careful. Otherwise this will become a habit in EPL. Just look the other way.

In the first half later, Saka was running with the ball to get us a 4vs3 or 4 counter-attack, and Godfrey tackled him. No yellow even though we would have got a goal chance. And this is after that face stomp.

In the second half Godfrey tackled hard with his spikes over the ankle level, Saka again I think.

Offsides were offsides.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Refereeing decisions don’t really effect me as they did under Arsène Wenger tbh. The way we used to get robbed at Old Trafford during the 2000s was actually disgusting, those decisions at ****holes like the Britannia Stadium were also worthy of being criminal offences and I won’t ever forget how we got robbed in the CL against Liverpool 😤 Kuyt literally wanted Hleb’s shirt.

dirk-kuyt-of-liverpool-battles-challenges-alexandr-hleb-of-arsenal-picture-id80489398

Nowadays, I’m not even sure if I believe that referees still perceive us as “foreigners”, maybe soft but not “foreigners”. This Arteta team is completely different.
That ridiculous time Costa slapped Kos in the face, pushed him and then chested him over and just got a yellow. It took the FA to see that later to take action, Mike Dean if I remember. These weren’t questionable events that could have gone either way.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Godfrey should have got at least a yellow, because that is dangerous play. He knows the player is there, and the ball is nowhere close. That can destroy an eye.

So the refs should take this kind of "accidental" hurting out of the game, or warn at least for players to be more careful. Otherwise this will become a habit in EPL. Just look the other way.

In the first half later, Saka was running with the ball to get us a 4vs3 or 4 counter-attack, and Godfrey tackled him. No yellow even though we would have got a goal chance. And this is after that face stomp.

In the second half Godfrey tackled hard with his spikes over the ankle level, Saka again I think.

Offsides were offsides.
The point about the offsides is relevant to the earlier point @Riou made

If say, I dunno...maybe Arsène Wenger was still in charge, and we had the exact same season...I really doubt you would be saying we got lucky this season, considering calls that have gone against us...

The linesman didn’t flag those offsides. In Arsène and Unai’s day we’d have lost. 4-1.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I hate it :lol:

Think fans over do it. There was something to it back in the day particularly during our Man U rivalry, but Arsenal just aren't that club for refs to go out of their way like that.

I'd say the standards in the league are quite poor and I'd accuse one or two of having an agenda against us at the most. Overall though I feel like the decisions balance out over the season and you make your own luck.

Credit to Arteta he's made the team more vocal and I see them swarm the ref nowadays, or players (Ben White vs Norwich) I feel like those things have more of an effect and swing cards in your favour (or prevent them).

I think of all the times our senior players had their head down pretending they didn't see Xhaka losing the plot instead of getting inbetween him and the player he's trying to choke and stuff.

The funny thing is, I’m not even really aware of these current referees besides Michael Oliver, Jon Moss and Mike Dean, the rest seem pretty irrelevant especially with VAR introduced, fans crying on social media and more scrutiny over every decision.

Back in the day, the likes of Graham Poll, Howard Webb, Manc Riley, Phil Dowd, Mark Clatterburg etc were all on Alex Ferguson’s payroll at different periods. I remember there were some terrible decisions that were overlooked as sometimes the broadcasters failed to replay a wrong offside call or bad challenge.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

In a world that favours our club, we’d have all of those decisions at Brentford, Everton etc go our way and we’d still be sitting 4th 🤣

Still think we could have won that Everton game even without the assistance of the referee/VAR. Their confidence was rock bottom and they wanted Rafa out but we were very generous and fed them with 3 points.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I have been joking about it/trying to convince myself that it isn't true, but this thread makes me believe it now.

Certain people on here want Arsenal to lose/not win now, because they don't like Arteta and want him sacked.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I have been joking about it/trying to convince myself that it isn't true, but this thread makes me believe it now.

Certain people want Arsenal to lose/not win now, because they don't like Arteta and want him sacked.

Stop being vague and start naming names.

Reactions: Kav

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
The referees are really bad, have been for years. But it doesn't take away the fact that some of them really look like having agenda against Arsenal. Namely at least Dean and Moss.

Even my Tottenham fan cousin first said it's likely just that they're bad, but after recent years with me showing it, he has mostly agreed.

It's a recurring theme with them.
I think wenger openly criticising English refs after he left arsenal did us no favours.

BTW remember saka getting kicked from behind and the ball not even near this season?

Mike Dean gives a yellow.

Worst decision I have ever seen.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I can half accept not getting top 4 after United maybe going on a run.

But if Sp**s or West Ham get in at our expense it will again be another year and opportunity lost.

It's time to stop waiting for other teams to do us favours and start winning meaningful matches. Home to United and away to Sp**s requires 4 points. Need to beat West Ham again. Need to take something of Chelsea and Liverpool.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
In a world that favours our club, we’d have all of those decisions at Brentford, Everton etc go our way and we’d still be sitting 4th 🤣

Still think we could have won that Everton game even without the assistance of the referee/VAR. Their confidence was rock bottom and they wanted Rafa out but we were very generous and fed them with 3 points.
I've a feeling this game will be the difference between getting 4th.

Really bad 3 points to throw away.

Riou

Stop being vague and start naming names.

You and @Makingtrax ...there are others, but some of the posting I just find a little bizarre...not saying you aren't Arsenal fans and don't want Arsenal to ever win, just not with Arteta ( though sometimes with the way Makingtrax posts about Arsène, it does seem like he never wants Arsenal to do well again :lol: )

Though I think macho is just completely upset with the football world in general at the minute, could be Arsène or anyone in charge at this point and he would still be unhappy...think the sport itself has annoyed him these past few years, so I wouldn't really include him in that.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You and @Makingtrax ...there are others, but some of the posting I just find a little bizarre.

Though I think macho is just completely upset with the football world in general at the minute, could be Arsène or anyone in charge at this point and he would still be unhappy...think the sport itself has annoyed him these past few years, so I wouldn't really include him in that.

I knew you’d say me and @Makingtrax since we’re both easy targets. I was more interested to hear the others you were going to name since it’ll ruffle a few feathers.

Everyday there’s a different sexual saying “we want Arsenal to lose” or “we’re better fans than you”, I’m not sure how you’ve come to this conclusion. I find it very judgemental tbh.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I've actually not said anything negative since probably before West Ham and have handed out nothing but kudos where I can :lol:

Personally, I think you and some others are seriously over doing the righteous fan thing. Arsenal-Mania has been a joke for a good couple of weeks because of this.

Riou

@Macho

For this I mean...

1. The hard shift towards the physical side of the game in the last 5 years, over the technical side...feel there are far less magicians in football these days, due to "Pressing" becoming the main thing and players becoming too robotic.

2. Everyone constantly saying how much better the league is, when it really isn't, it's about the same...you could argue overall it's weaker, as there are barely any top teams in other leagues these days, compared to the 90s and 00s.

...others are annoyed by this, but I feel you are one it really grinds the most...Arteta has definitely annoyed you too, but feel your main issue is with the sport...Mikel could get sacked tomorrow and I don't think that's the real change you want, you need football itself to shift in a new direction.

Riou

Personally, I think you and some others are seriously over doing the righteous fan thing. Arsenal-Mania has been a joke for a good couple of weeks because of this.

Don't read the post just above this then, ended up trying to psychoanalyse you 😅

Personally, I think you and some others are seriously over doing the righteous fan thing.

Don't think it's about being or not being an Arsenal fan, the people who want Arteta to lose games and get sacked are still fans...as they think that will help the club most, as they believe he is holding us back.

@Troopz

The second part of my post...I don't think you aren't a fan, or I am a better fan than you, we are equal in that sense...but I do think you want us to lose games for the reason above.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

...others are annoyed by this, but I feel you are one it really grinds the most...Arteta has definitely annoyed you too, but feel your main issue is with the sport...Mikel could get sacked tomorrow and I don't think that's the real change you want, you need football itself to shift in a new direction.
You're putting words in my mouth once again. I have always maintained that it is difficult to prove the league is harder, I haven't flat out rejected that idea except in jest.

The reality is I don't really know. Look at that thread, I make one or two posts but I'm not really in that debate. Mods have move my posts from other threads to there but more time I ignore it, it's a dumb debate.

Mikel, I don't like, how they did Aubameyang I didn't like, Pepe lost out fair and square, but tbf it's all minor managers and players come and go.

You dumb as f*ck if you think losses sways the decisions of the Korenkes though. It's the fans. The fans decide whether 4th is terrible or holy grail, so wishing we lose is not the way. When I got super bored with Arsenal I just stopped watching, my post history backs this up.

Riou

You're putting words in my mouth once again. I have always maintained that it is difficult to prove the league is harder, I haven't flat out rejected that idea except in jest.

I meant you didn't think the league was harder now, not that it was definitely better back in the day...thought you were one of the people who believed the league has always been around the same level, sorry if not.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I meant you didn't think the league was harder now, not that it was definitely better back in the day...thought you were one of the people who believed the league has always been strong, sorry if not.
I think it's a dumb debate and agenda fuelled, doesn't really matter. There are some outliers but whether you like Arteta or Wenger most likely determines which side of the argument you fall.

Even Arteta out is a waste of time at this point and I have expressed as much. You'll waiting a long long time for that guy to leave this club.

Riou

I am an analyst and a therapist in real life, please take my card if you need to talk...

DsB3C65WoAA1gj4.jpg

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom