• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 1 Brentford | Saturday 11th February | KO: 15:00 GMT |

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalBrentford2122.jpg

That was our most dreadful performance in the league since that collapse at Newcastle at the backend of last season.

It is imperative we win this or doubts will start to creep and there can be no doubt in a title race especially against City, a declining one, nonetheless, otherwise when doubt creep in, especially in a young side like ours, you have yourself another title bottle job. But we should see off Brentford at home fairly easily.

Screenshot-20230204-170422.png

Screenshot-20230204-170436.png

Screenshot-20230204-170447.png

Screenshot-20230204-172923.png

White and Martinelli shouldn't see to he pitch, abeg.

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Brentford

Tom Mix

You don't get confidence by being dropped. You may get abit of fire in your belly to get back in the team but I doubt either has a problem with that. They've just had a couple of bad games. Nothing to be worried about.
It's a squad game. Both decisions, especially Trossard coming in, can easily be explained as strategic. I'd love to see Martinelli coming on against tired legs rather than being doubled up on from the first minute. Same with Tomi, he's better at going down the wing and helping Bukayo not to be outnumbered.

Having said that Arteta won't do it. He's a first XI man.

balthazar

SAF was very calculated with his media conduct. Benitez’s Liverpool fell apart after Fergie spoke about the infamous “facts” rant and then intentionally misjudged his touchline gesture.

He’s a big part of why I hate Yanited so much. They had everything going for them from favourable treatment from referees to media scrutiny on rivals.

Carragher made a point about their record in Europe. Fergie only won 2 CL’s and I genuinely think the reason is his influence didn’t stretch across Europe. No Fergie time or intense media pressure on opponents.
Only two! . Come'on , Wenger didn't even get one.. along with many top managers.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Only two! . Come'on , Wenger didn't even get one.. along with many top managers.
Should be zero for United too, Chelsea were better in 08 when Terry slipped and Bayern were in 99 as well. Either way still a valid point, Ancelotti an actual great didn't get nearly as many league titles with more than double the CLs.

Fungus is a criminal fraud that deserves a stand in the Hague not in Old Trafford.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
You don't get confidence by being dropped. You may get abit of fire in your belly to get back in the team but I doubt either has a problem with that. They've just had a couple of bad games. Nothing to be worried about.
Being dropped doesn’t mean you don’t play at all
They can join around 60 mins but our manager doesn’t make early changes

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
SAF was very calculated with his media conduct. Benitez’s Liverpool fell apart after Fergie spoke about the infamous “facts” rant and then intentionally misjudged his touchline gesture.

He’s a big part of why I hate Yanited so much. They had everything going for them from favourable treatment from referees to media scrutiny on rivals.

Carragher made a point about their record in Europe. Fergie only won 2 CL’s and I genuinely think the reason is his influence didn’t stretch across Europe. No Fergie time or intense media pressure on opponents.

Just wanted to throw in that at the time of the Eduardo injury Birmingham was managed by Alex McLeish who openly referred to Fergie as his ‘mentor’. Arsenal were 5pts clear in Feb and had a young(ish), hungry side.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People are being harsh on ESR. Perfectly normal to pick up strains in other areas when returning after a long lay off. Don't be surprised when it happens to Jesus also.

Positive is its not a groin strain, seems like a precautionary quad issue and he is back in full training. ESR is needed at this club. Its a shame people forget how good he is and just want to sell him to get who exactly?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People are being harsh on ESR. Perfectly normal to pick up strains in other areas when returning after a long lay off. Don't be surprised when it happens to Jesus also.

Positive is its not a groin strain, seems like a precautionary quad issue and he is back in full training. ESR is needed at this club. Its a shame people forget how good he is and just want to sell him to get who exactly?

I think it's more of there's a feeling we've seen this story before. Thinking about Wilshere, Diaby, Rosicky to an extent, Ramsey. That's what people are feeling now. Of course there's no guarantees but in general fitness has been a worry with ESR. I don't know how things will turn out, like you say his current issue is unrelated to his long term issue so that's a positive at least but it's more the accumulation.

I agree tho, there's no denying his quality and with respect to Vieira and maybe even Trossard, having a fully fit ESR as an alternative option is a different beast because of the qualities he has. Which adds to the disappointment for a lot of people that he's not ready as many were hoping he'd end up playing a pivotal part. But the more it gets delayed the less time he'll have to make his mark this season.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
No rotation for me. I don't think Trossard has shown enough to suggest he should start over Martinelli. 7 days since Everton, plenty of rest. stick with Martinelli and White.

We have to be on it, we know Toney will be up for this because of Gabriel and that bozo tweet.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The guy literally just joined the club but he didn't show enough :lol:

?

In his start vs City and cameo vs Everton, I don't think he showed enough to suggest he should be in over Martinelli. People on here are acting like its a no brainer. Personally, with the 7 days rest, i'd rather we stick with the 11 have have got us this far.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Trossard skillset suits Eddie's skillset, so that's why people want Leo to get a chance.

Martinelli is still a top talent, but I feel the attack will suit having Trossard playing right now and this will be a good chance to see if it works.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
In his start vs City and cameo vs Everton, I don't think he showed enough to suggest he should be in over Martinelli.
He was basically the only player who looked like trouble for Man C in a squad that wasn't fit to play that game, and his cameo vs Everton was even worse when the whole squad wasn't able to do anything.

We are comparing him to a player that's been -1 on the pitch for weeks, how is it fair to reward Martinelli with another start? What should other players think of that?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He was basically the only player who looked like trouble for Man C in a squad that wasn't fit to play that game, and his cameo vs Everton was even worse when the whole squad wasn't able to do anything.

We are comparing him to a player that's been -1 on the pitch for weeks, how is it fair to reward Martinelli with another start? What should other players think of that?

Martinelli came out a different player in the 2nd half vs Everton. He was starting to look dangerous again. hooked too early.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
?

In his start vs City and cameo vs Everton, I don't think he showed enough to suggest he should be in over Martinelli. People on here are acting like its a no brainer. Personally, with the 7 days rest, i'd rather we stick with the 11 have have got us this far.
Agree about Martinelli but wouldnt mind seeing Tomi out there. If White has another poor game we cant play him vs City, and Tomi will be coming out cold.

Martinelli however can offer us something Trossard can't in the City game so we gotta just stick with him and hope he plays outta form today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom