• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 1 Brentford | Saturday 11th February | KO: 15:00 GMT |

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalBrentford2122.jpg

That was our most dreadful performance in the league since that collapse at Newcastle at the backend of last season.

It is imperative we win this or doubts will start to creep and there can be no doubt in a title race especially against City, a declining one, nonetheless, otherwise when doubt creep in, especially in a young side like ours, you have yourself another title bottle job. But we should see off Brentford at home fairly easily.

Screenshot-20230204-170422.png

Screenshot-20230204-170436.png

Screenshot-20230204-170447.png

Screenshot-20230204-172923.png

White and Martinelli shouldn't see to he pitch, abeg.

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Brentford

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We need a reaction performance to go along with the 3 points after that blip against Everton. Settle some nerves going into the Man City match.

I'd go very slowly with ESR. Better to really ease him back in. Long term these injuries are becoming a bit of a concern now though tbh. He's just not a reliable squad member at the moment.

Would start Tomi and Trossard. Both Martinelli and White have looked a bit jaded the last few games.

Arsenal 3 Brentford 1

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We honestly need to just win this. More dropped points going into the City game might make us very shaky, at least if we get the win here it's us back on track. I've said it a few times as much as winning can be a habit so can not winning. The last thing we need is to drop points here and give City an encouragement.

I'm not that concerned about the manner of it, I think we'll produce though. But in terms of it playing into the City game I just think a win is enough because we'll be fired up and ready for that one regardless.

Diesel

You should start tomi and trossard. I bet marti still gets the go ahead again though. White needs a time out hes been below his usual level.

So infuriating that it’s not on TV. Just let me watch my beloved Arsenal in peace.

Im feeling a professional 2-0. Would like to see Tomi. Dunno what’s up with White recently but he looks knackered. Too much shagging I presume.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Alan Hansen said the vest team always wins the league. That was wat back in 2003 when Wenger said the best team that year didn't win the league. No shifting of goal posts if we're crowned champions.
Back to match, please just win Arsenal. COYG

Yeah it was because we met Bolton in the run in , one of them broke Freddie's foot .

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I forgot about that. Bolton were the start of us being kicked off the pitch after a "joking" plea from SAF.

SAF was very calculated with his media conduct. Benitez’s Liverpool fell apart after Fergie spoke about the infamous “facts” rant and then intentionally misjudged his touchline gesture.

He’s a big part of why I hate Yanited so much. They had everything going for them from favourable treatment from referees to media scrutiny on rivals.

Carragher made a point about their record in Europe. Fergie only won 2 CL’s and I genuinely think the reason is his influence didn’t stretch across Europe. No Fergie time or intense media pressure on opponents.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Don't forget how close big Sam and Fergie were too.

Before I point out the likes of Bruce and Hughes always going out of their way for their sides to rough us up.

Halcyon Daze

Marti needs dropping for a boost. Trossard starts for me. Not gonna be easy, but 2-1. Not an easy game. Don’t care how we ran riot at their place.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
SAF was very calculated with his media conduct. Benitez’s Liverpool fell apart after Fergie spoke about the infamous “facts” rant and then intentionally misjudged his touchline gesture.

He’s a big part of why I hate Yanited so much. They had everything going for them from favourable treatment from referees to media scrutiny on rivals.

Carragher made a point about their record in Europe. Fergie only won 2 CL’s and I genuinely think the reason is his influence didn’t stretch across Europe. No Fergie time or intense media pressure on opponents.
Ferguson, as good a manager as he was, ruled by intimidating referees and the media. The non stop haranguing of the third official when decisions didn’t go their way etc. They were all scared stiff of the Scot.

Halcyon Daze

Ferguson, as good a manager as he was, ruled by intimidating referees and the media. The non stop haranguing of the third official when decisions didn’t go their way etc. They were all scared stiff of the Scot.
He had a huge, huge impact on officialdom because of his stigma and influence. We joke about Fergie time, but he worked it. Remember as a kid when he harangued the ref and Steve Bruce scored a header about 4-hours into injury time against Sheffield Wednesday away. Did I like it? No. Do I respect him? Yes. Because if he was my manager those are the things that elevate him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Any win will do. Be it a dodgy VAR decision or a long range Partey strike taking half a dozen deflections.

Just 3 points. Get back to winning ways and let our dear friend Unai try and help us.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Trossard for martinelli
Tomiyasu for white
Pls give them a breather and let them have their confidence back
You don't get confidence by being dropped. You may get abit of fire in your belly to get back in the team but I doubt either has a problem with that. They've just had a couple of bad games. Nothing to be worried about.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Time to go 8 points clear here AM...

...COYG!

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Super worried about this game. I feel they'll set up to frustrate us like Newcastle did.

Someone tell me we'll win, okay?

andeoch1

You don't get confidence by being dropped. You may get abit of fire in your belly to get back in the team but I doubt either has a problem with that. They've just had a couple of bad games. Nothing to be worried about.
But you should get a fire lit under your arse now that real competition is coming in with quality squad players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom