• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League Postponements

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The world cup is around the corner and the schedule is already packed to the gills, so they decided to complicate things even more. :facepalm:
The postponements are based on what the government tells them, I don’t think they care about fixture congestion.

Rattata

The idea of being told how to mourn a highly privileged white woman who lived a beautiful and amazing life for 96 years is incredibly strange to me as a non-Brit. I even get cancelling the game tomorrow, but two weeks of PL football is crazy. Especially considering how many people make the trip to England to watch PL games.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

The idea of being told how to mourn a highly privileged white woman who lived a beautiful and amazing life for 96 years is incredibly strange to me as a non-Brit. I even get cancelling the game tomorrow, but two weeks of PL football is crazy. Especially considering how many people make the trip to England to watch PL games.
State funeral will be in 10 days time. Till then it will be a period of national mourning. Expect more or less everything else to be cancelled Till then, which in footballing terms means the whole month.

Melquiades

State funeral will be in 10 days time. Till then it will be a period of national mourning. Expect more or less everything else to be cancelled Till then, which in footballing terms means the whole month.

And that's absolutely ridiculous, and has not happened for previous monarchs.

That said, it's a huge break for Arsenal given the current injury problems in midfield.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Do you actually understand how big this is?

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

That said, it's a huge break for Arsenal given the current injury problems in midfield.
That is true but a lot has happened in football in the intervening 70 years - although and of course Sp**s are still ****.

For example, you couldn‘t watch wall to wall football to TV back then and football certainly hadn’t been packaged up as “entertainment”.

If the funeral is say Sunday week there clearly won’t be football that weekend, whilst this weeekend feels too soon. Then we have the international break. It is what it is.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Is it? I get the Thomas angle but we're on a good run of form and I'm not sure giving our rivals Chelsea, United, and Liverpool a long period of time to train with their new manager in the case of the former two or Liverpool a chance to rework things while in the worst form of their life really is a positive for us...

United was to play at Palace this weekend, Liverpool a decent Wolves side in the form their in...those are games I would've liked to see go ahead.

Imagine we don't play until October and boom NLD, and then at Liverpool after they've had a kind of winter break to rework things...that doesn't seem favourable at all for us.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Do you actually understand how big this is?
Its different to all of us. I'm vaguely pro monarchy as a constitutional structure, and had a fair amount of respect for Old Liz, but if they really want to respect her, make it a celebration period for her lengthy reign rather than imposing some dour Victorian nonsense, where we all have to wear black, talk in hushed tones and hum the dirge that is our national anthem. I'm all for paying her respect, but frankly the country is falling apart, 1/2 the population is ****ting themselves about how they are going to pay their bills, and our country is sliding into a kleptocracy with fascist undertones, so why the hell does paying respects have to mean we have what little joy we have in lives being stopped for 10 days.

Use events to celebrate her life and provide inspiration rather than using her death to heap more misery on a country in crisis, just so some rich racist arseholes can claim to be defending her legacy while they strip away more of our rights.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Are you saying if she wasnt white youd support postponing? :rolleyes:

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom