• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pro-Evo/FIFA 13

King Malta

Apparently the Arsenal players did a face capture (like City did last year) as part of the new kit promotion, so hopefully they have real faces on release.

I suspect they will, because Gervinho's face is so much worse than last year (its just generic) so they wouldnt do that for no reason.

Saw a clip on youtube where SZCZ looked like he had a real face too. Lets see.

Proof

Established Member
I would like EA Sports to add classic teams in the game. 2K Sports does it with their NBA series. It would be awesome to play with Arsenal 2004, AC Milan 1990, Man. Utd. 1999, Real Madrid 1960, Ajax 1972, Barcelona 2009 or Liverpool 1984.

Cruisio

Established Member
^ Agreed, very good idea

Pro Evo used to have it (not sure if they still do) where you could buy classic international teams/squads

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah, the classic teams concept is something I have felt for a while should be added.

Anyway, as nothing more than a casual player, this might be the year I go back to PES if its turns out that FIFA 13 is nothing more than a lick of paint job on Fifa 12.

Im the possession heavy type, play defensive, don't give many chances away, don't create many, win much more than I lose. Haven't played for a couple of weeks, think im on done with Fifa 12. Atletico Madrid and Bilbao are my teams, Courtois is quality in goal for Atletico.

MaestroCesc

Just played demo, pretty similar to 12. Touch isnt noticeable, attacking runs are very good though and the dribbling is pretty cool and nice. Defending is pretty hard now also. Disgusted that Koscielny and Giroud still has a crap face, its a joke when nearly every squad player has their own face like ferrai mentioned even Mannone has one plus the Diaby afro is just annoying.

Hope those werent the final ratings for Arsenal because they were disgusting, Koscielny only 80, Shava still in the 80s, Chambo was too low are just a few. Skill games are pretty neat though and a nice addition, its hilarious if you play as Arsenal the commentators go on about Giroud not scoring a goal for a minute and Geoff Shreeves is always providng injury updates. They even say which position Arsenal are in :O

Oh ye the woodwork and keepers are still ridiculous, the woodwork was hit at least once a game in 3 minute halves and often cannoned back into an opposition player the same goes for keepers playing around 10 games for 8 of them my keeper parried it to their player, defenders just didnt react...

blaze_of_glory

I'm hopeful that the faces and ratings will be adjusted for the final game.

Though I'm sure Fifa's main issues will still remain, ie. the scripting that ruins matches, and the computer's ridiculous playing style that includes the ability to block any shot from outside the 18 yrd box regardless of the situation.

Proof

Established Member
The ratings are based on analysis of real Premier League statistics and will be updated throughout the season. That's why Diaby has 80 and Podolski 86. Online co-op is also a solid addition.

MaestroCesc

Proof said:
The ratings are based on analysis of real Premier League statistics and will be updated throughout the season. That's why Diaby has 80 and Podolski 86. Online co-op is also a solid addition.
Ye they brought that back it used to be free, then they made it cost then they scrapped it and nows its back as free.

The commentary even says if for example Szczesny has made it back in time or that Diaby now has a chance now Song is gone.

mo50

Established Member
Who are FIFA trying to fool? This is the same game as last year. I see the Luiz-type defending hasn't been changed too.

Motherfuckers.

blaze_of_glory

So you don't need to pay for Live Season or the Online pass whatever its called to get player updates this year? Is there even a reason to do so other than for those updates?

MaestroCesc

ferrarif50hunt said:
FIFA 13 Ultimate Team web app is now up and running for anyone who wants to get an early start with their trading etc.
UT is so annoying, the people who make the most money just completely overprice every player so unless you play the game a lot you only get a decent team every year, not to mention the crappy packs. Last year i got limited edition, for 18 gold packs for free, best player i got was Balotelli who cost 3k...

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
UT annoys me for different reasons. I don't like how ridiculous a player gets when you've got 100 chemistry.

Game just degrades into countless long shot goals and ridiculous ball control from everyone. The indivduality and uniqueness of the players disappears.

jerome2158

Established Member
Surprised more people haven't commented on the defending change.

That, for me, is the absolute reason why I'm going to upgrade. Fifa12 tactical defending was awful. Complete disaster. I rarely played with friends or on live because every match was settled by a defender making an inexplicable lunging, standing tackle...then standing there in shock for 10 seconds, allowing the striker to go through on goal, followed by a finesse shot into the top corner.

fifa13 defending really lets you hassle the striker and try to break the ball loose in a similar manner, only the defender doesn't have to stop, and stick his foot out 4 feet to do so. He can just keep running and trying, unless he's completely shaken off or falls off pace.

I really think they did well to improve how important off ball play is as well.

MaestroCesc

The marking is a joke in Fifa 13, top class centre backs just let the striker run away from them without following. Defenders are way too static, so many times has the striker got away form the cb and they have crossed it in and scored.

Oh and legendary is absolute bull, the CPU gets all the luck and just cons so it at least draws, whenever you are winning your touches are awful especially in your own penalty area, all 5050s go to them, midfielders dont defend and attackers are sloppy

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Looking forward to the usual * stats on FIFA, trying their best every year to rob us off that five star rating. Bet we'll see something like Jenkinson 60 pace & stamina and Koscielny 78.

PES isn't anything better by the way, just saw that they had Betis ****ing Sevilla rated higher than Atlético. :lol:

blaze_of_glory

So is it true that you don't need to pay extra for form updates anymore? All major leagues updated for free?

For Fifa 13 I mean.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom