• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Why not?

15.jpg

No wonder he's always injured.

number_0

Established Member
Aren't real cutting 'dead wood' at the moment, I am sure we could use M.diarra or L.diarra more so than him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Viking said:
truth_hurts said:
Presence for me is the feeling that someone/something is there. In football terms I relate pressence to involvement in the game. For me Diaby is never quiet, you always know Diaby is playing and so do opponents. In his bad games he is innefective, a negatibve influence on the team and will frustrate but will still be on the ball and attempting to penetrate the opposition half. When Diaby is having a good game he is equally as involved but will make better decisions - he is always involved. A player such as Denilson or even Sagna do not have pressence as they can quietly go about their business. I'm guessing you thought I meant he has physical pressence which he does also but like a Vidic, essien or Drogba.

The only players I see as having presence in our squad are TV, Song, Diaby, Cesc, Arshavin and Eduardo. Anyway I want diaby and VDV here.

I don't think I'll ever agree with any of that nonsense, sorry mate :)

Fair enough, can't really articulate what I mean! Do you agree that Diaby can rarely be accused of having a quiet game? I wouldn't lose Diaby to gain VDV is my point, but would happily push Diaby a place in the pecking order to aquire a huge footballing talent such as VDV.

The deal does make no sense though to me, especially when you consider VDV age, status, wage demands and his ego which will lead him to believe (maybe fairly so) that he should be a regular starter for us. its also world cup year so he must be playing top level consistently. Theres lot of teams out there that can offer him more than us and Liverpool, Chelsea and AC Milan immediately spring to mind.

Viking

I wouldn't lose Diaby to gain VDV is my point, but would happily push Diaby a place in the pecking order to aquire a huge footballing talent such as VDV.
Fair enough. I just think Diaby's good performances are so few and far between, that I have given up on him more or less.

Bergy_1995

Signing Van Der Vaart would disrupt the development of Wilshere & Ramsey. They both have big futures at Arsenal, this season is key for their development. VdV is a mix of the two. Pointless signing, we don't need him.

scytheavatar

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Viking said:
truth_hurts said:
Presence for me is the feeling that someone/something is there. In football terms I relate pressence to involvement in the game. For me Diaby is never quiet, you always know Diaby is playing and so do opponents. In his bad games he is innefective, a negatibve influence on the team and will frustrate but will still be on the ball and attempting to penetrate the opposition half. When Diaby is having a good game he is equally as involved but will make better decisions - he is always involved. A player such as Denilson or even Sagna do not have pressence as they can quietly go about their business. I'm guessing you thought I meant he has physical pressence which he does also but like a Vidic, essien or Drogba.

The only players I see as having presence in our squad are TV, Song, Diaby, Cesc, Arshavin and Eduardo. Anyway I want diaby and VDV here.

Fair enough, can't really articulate what I mean! Do you agree that Diaby can rarely be accused of having a quiet game? I wouldn't lose Diaby to gain VDV is my point, but would happily push Diaby a place in the pecking order to aquire a huge footballing talent such as VDV.

If all you are going to do on the field is to screw up our team with bad passes and bad tackle, while depriving more worthy talent like Vela/Ramsey/Merida/Whilshre of their chances, I would rather that you have a quiet game.

Diaby isn't good enough even for our benches.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
quote="scytheavatar"
truth_hurts said:
Viking said:
truth_hurts said:

If all you are going to do on the field is to screw up our team with bad passes and bad tackle, while depriving more worthy talent like Vela/Ramsey/Merida/Whilshre of their chances, I would rather that you have a quiet game.

Diaby isn't good enough even for our benches.[/quote]

Brilliant post and a great analysis. Maybe you should pass on your insightfulness to Wenger, Domenech and Mourinho and other European managers who rate they guy.

Anzac

Established Member
I want VDV for what he can provide that Diaby & Co can't = creativity & goals.
VDV can interchange with any of Cesc, Rosicky, Nasri & AA. As it stands we are totally reliant upon Cesc for creativity in midfield in this opening month or so. If Cesc is out of the side the danger is that we revert to the stilted play & 451 we saw last season.

irishgoooner

Buying VDV would be a waste of money,yes he is a talented player but he is hardly better than the options we already have.I just don't see him fitting into our first 11,Fabregas,Nasri,Arshavin,Walcott,Rosicky(hopefuly)are all better options than him.

We don't need another creative midfielder,we all know the positions that need strengthening,CB,DM.

DREVAK

Established Member
Walcott a better option than van der Vaart? If by 'better' you mean 'faster but in every other aspect inferior' then yes, I wholeheartedly agree with your post! Then you have Rosicky and although I do rate him and like what he brings into the team, he just can't be relied upon at this moment. That's two down and in my opinion it would be three as Nasri is not a better player either. Maybe he will be in the future, maybe he won't, but right now I don't think he is. So yeah Arsenal have two better options than van der Vaart. Awesome and obviously the reason why he would be a waste of money and wouldn't improve the squad or whatever.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
whilst I agree that VDV would be a luxury signing and we are OK on the creative front, 6m for a full international with bags of talent is a f*ing steal..

still dont see it happening though

outlaw_member

Established Member
DREVAK said:
Walcott a better option than van der Vaart? If by 'better' you mean 'faster but in every other aspect inferior' then yes, I wholeheartedly agree with your post! Then you have Rosicky and although I do rate him and like what he brings into the team, he just can't be relied upon at this moment. That's two down and in my opinion it would be three as Nasri is not a better player either. Maybe he will be in the future, maybe he won't, but right now I don't think he is. So yeah Arsenal have two better options than van der Vaart. Awesome and obviously the reason why he would be a waste of money and wouldn't improve the squad or whatever.

Totally agreed, but like RVP, the 4-3-3 does not suit him. He hasn't got the work rate or defensive ability to play as a CM, and he doesn't have the required penetration to excell as a FW. He is best suited as a AM in a 4-2-3-1, but I don't think we will see that formation any time soon. I could see him being wasted on the flanks, similar to Deco, which would be a complete waste of his talent. However, he is worth picking up just for his ability alone, and at the price being quoted, we frankly can't go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom