• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raheem Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnsjed

Established Member
Though Sterling still has 2 1/2 years left on his contract according to Rodgers earlier today, while Walcott was in the last year of his.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Forget about Walcott, is Sterling actually better than Chamberlain? Think the hype given to Sterling has gotten into the heads of many, has people forgotten how absolutely dreadful Sterling is at times this season? Like that game vs Utd just a few weeks ago? Sterling's in for a rude shock if he's led to believe he's as good as Hazard at the same age.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Didn't Sterling play wingback against Utd?

@burnsjed its a revised figure, taking into consideration the very strong competition we would face. Resistance from Liverpool, so you need a proposal that forces a sell, Theo plus 40M is too good to turn down.

burnsjed

Established Member
Do you honestly believe:
1. Sterling is worth 40 mln plus Walcott (what is that valuation 60 to 65 mln, probably more?)
2. Those resources could not be invested better?

Serious question.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That's a ridiculous offer, Walcott and £20m tops.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You have to pay OTT to sign a top young English talent from a big English club.

Utd paid 30M plus for Rooney, 10 years ago. Chelsea paid 50M for Torres. We were willing to pay 40M for a "problem child" in Suarez etc.

Sterling is not worth 60M. But when you factor in the reluctance of the selling club, potential competition, English premium, big English club signing from big English club etc, 60M is what it will take.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What's Kane worth now then for you, £40m? For £60m you'd get Reus.

burnsjed

Established Member
But the real question isn't that is what you have to spend, but rather, are there better alternatives that carry a smaller premium?
If we did lose Walcott, and we were in the market for another wide player, is Sterling your go to guy and a must buy, which is the only reason you over pay right, otherwise is a Reus, or insert flavour of the month, not only a better player, but less expensive to boot?

I'm with THunter on this valuation btw.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Rodgers like Walcott to be honest i think he'll be open if we do a swap deal 20M for Sterling + Walcott going to Liverpool if Liverpool rejected that they can f**k off.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Swap deals rarely happen in England, it'd be like the Suarez/Alexis saga in the summer. Arsenal want Sterling, Liverpool want Walcott, Walcott wants Chelsea.

*City come in and get him for £50m"

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Swap deals rarely happen in England, it'd be like the Suarez/Alexis saga in the summer. Arsenal want Sterling, Liverpool want Walcott, Walcott wants Chelsea.

*City come in and get him for £50m"
Yes agree swap deal not happen at england. there will be many clubs want Sterling i'm sure Liverpool will sell him to club outside England.

If there is a chance keeping Walcott and get Sterling then we should do that rather than some swap deal. Money for us is no longer a issue and there seems to be some kind of English revulution at Arsenal.

Podolski, Sanogo, Rosicky, Cazorla, the latter two due to age should all leave to make room for Sterling.

In the end we should also get rid of Giroud to make a room for Sturridge. ;)

GOONER1991

Established Member
Can't believe the comparisons between Sterling and Chamberlain/Gnabry. While I do agree, Chamberlain is just as - if not more - talented as Sterling, the lad can't stay fit. That's absolutely useless to us. Comparing him to Gnabry is a complete joke.

Sterling is the bollocks for me. Confirmed it in the World Cup. He was given way too much responsibility for Liverpool this season, with Sturridge injured and Suarez gone. He stopped playing with the freedom that he could last season. Here, he would be with the likes of Chamberlain, Özil, Alexis, Ramsey, Cazorla et al. I believe he would flourish here. Now he's currently playing as a wingback at Liverpool!!

I can't get my hopes up, I've been hurt before with stories like this, but there is an awful lot of smoke around this, and Wenger's refusal to comment makes it all the thicker. Perhaps he is trying to make his position untenable at Liverpool.

Would be an incredible statement if we were to sign Sterling.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
What a coup this would be. Absolutely asserting your dominance as a bigger club than Liverpool. This is as much a statement signing as anything else.

Would love to see this happen. The reaction of the Liverpool fans would give me enough reading material to last a lifetime.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I got to say, can't believe some of you guys aren't utterly disgusted by Sterling's behavior. How would you guys feel if Bellerin suddenly came out and talk about how we don't match his ambitions and he wants to play for Barca? That's what Sterling is doing. Sterling's going to be the next Adam Johnson if he's letting the hype get into his head and not realize he has a long way to go before he can act like he's too good for Liverpool.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I got to say, can't believe some of you guys aren't utterly disgusted by Sterling's behavior. How would you guys feel if Bellerin suddenly came out and talk about how we don't match his ambitions and he wants to play for Barca? That's what Sterling is doing. Sterling's going to be the next Adam Johnson if he's letting the hype get into his head and not realize he has a long way to go before he can act like he's too good for Liverpool.
85791-Joey-Tribbiani-WOAH-OMG-WTF-gi-hsrL.gif

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Didn't Sterling play wingback against Utd?

@burnsjed its a revised figure, taking into consideration the very strong competition we would face. Resistance from Liverpool, so you need a proposal that forces a sell, Theo plus 40M is too good to turn down.

Nah man be realistic, I mean what if we don't get him, what then? We'll miss the once in a life time chance of getting Mean Raheem Sterling Silver.....so we should offer them Özil, Alexis, Walcott and Cazorla plus 100m for Mean Raheem, they'd probably turn it down because it is Sterling Silver but maybe then throw in Chamberlain to the bundle. It'd be a pretty good deal in today's market. What am I talking about with this football manager dreaming of mine.

Gervais

Established Member
I honestly can't think of anything less disgusting than this.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do we really need to make a 'statement' by buying someone we have no room for. Injuries aside only Hazard completes more take ons per game than Chamberlain. It is time for Chamberlain to really hit the top level and kick on. We don't need Sterling. The only offensive signing we make should have the ability, 'finisher'. Sterling isn't a finisher. Reus is a finisher. Draxler is a finisher. Lacazette is a finisher. We don't need more creativity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom