• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raheem Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

wengerboy

Established Member
Might be deluded by expectation of him coming to arsenal but I agree with him here he's already at the upper limits of what he can do at Liverpool he needs cl football to continue to develop he wants to be one of the best instead of the safe route of establishing himself as epl player.

Its a risk but this might be the only time we ever get to sign him. Lucky for us Wenger is really good at valuiations he will know if he's worth it.

BobP

Memri Fan
I like Sterling, a lot to work with, just needs to become more efficient in an attacking sense.

He's a London boy through and through as well. If he continues agitating the way he is we're definitely a candidate.

Not sure we need him though, already got Sanchez, Ox, Walcott and Gnabry along with a variety of players who can play out wide.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Like many said, I think all the media hype and his solid performances in Brazil, have gone to his head.

There's always the flavour of season that media hype up on English youngsters. Last season it was Barkley who was touted as next superstar who easily was worth 50M+.
This season Kane is grabbing all the headlines and some pundits have labelled him the next World record signing.

The figures thrown around; Walcott + 40M are laughable and wayyyy to inflated. Glad that Wenger makes these deals and not one of AM members. I'd be furious if we even pay 40M alone for Sterling.

You can get Reus, a real world class player for 40M and you could probably have some change left.

Being 20 year old and already labelled one of the best player in premier league only means more money and more success if he hold his cards right.

Anyway I have yet to find a player who have taken a wrong choice about his football career.

gun__1215427537_hleb20070707_2.jpg

Hleb_2506152.jpg

Last edited:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Sterling's a London boy, the shopping's ****e in Liverpool, they aren't going to be regular Champions League participants for now & he wants to go to a club where he can win tings. Doubt very much we'll sign him though as he'll cost too much & Liverpool will be loathe to sell him to us.

He should really stay at Liverpool for at least another year but you get the impression that he wants out now soon as he has some interesting options to explore.

Is he worth 50M-Nofuckingway.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea in for him this summer the papers are saying today, if that's the case he'll end up there if he leaves. Can offer everything City can plus London.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
He'd fit Mourinho's style of high defensive workrate and counter attacking pretty well. Does Caudrado then get benched?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Mourinho will find some way to kill him. Chelsea's two other wingers are relatively new, I can't see them flipping those players to buy Sterling. If sterling cares for his career he would come here.

I'm only interested in Sterling if there is no deal for Reus; you can't turn down world class talent for world class potential. But I would prefer Sterling over Dybala/Lacazette.

Front line of Sanchez, Sterling and Ox would be a dream, in fifa at least :D.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We could get him but is another talented youngster really what is needed? Theo leaving (you'd have to assume he would if Sterling left) would mean that Sanchez would become our only proven wide man.

CF: Giroud, Welbeck, Sanchez, Akpon/Sanogo/Akpom

Happy enough with that

WF: Sanchez, Ox, Welbeck, Sterling, Gnabry, Özil

Not quite so well resourced in my eyes. Swapping Sterling for a Reus, Robben, Lavezzi or even Pedro changes that though.

Sterling would actually be a risky. It's a shame Theo can't stay fit.

Now back to me

Haha. Robben is unattainable. Lavezzi is too hit and miss, he's also coming upto his 30th birthday. Sterling is much better than Pedro. Reus would be ideal, but it's soo unlikely.

If Theo were to leave, Sterling would be a very good signing. He's versatile, doesn't seem to pick up many injuries and is already adapted to the league. My only issue is it would kill Chamberlain. Wenger has already shown that Alexis and Özil play every game so it would essentially be Chamberlain, Sterling, Welbeck, Cazorla, Gnaby(?) all battling for that spot.

Also, forget about Sanogo and Akpom for next year, they'll be irrelevant.

onetowatch

If Theo goes, we need to replace him. Reus or Sterling would do nicely.

Personally I see no reason to sell Theo and we have other areas to strengthen. CF and CM.

But it looks like there's something to this with what both parties have (or haven't) said.

Poor by Sterling I think, given how young he is and is hardly at a small club.

P.S. Great job on the forum upgrade, looks good! A lot of new posters...have we had a few promotions?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Reus became unattainable to us the moment he signed his contract extension, makes me think the talk of him having an agreement with Barca for next year is true.

On Sterling, I'd go as far as paying the 50mil for him provided all this malarkey about him wanting 200k wage is bs. He is the most talented young player in the country, has outshone Sturridge and been one of the best players at Liverpool two season in a row now.
Chelsea paid 40mil and 200k contract to Hazard and I think Sterling is at a similar level to Hazard when he first came to the league. So you can't say it is unprecedented exactly.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't think the money is the problem, I think the lad wants to move. I agree with posters saying he doesn't really need to move as he's at a top club, but wouldn't an ambitious player want to play in the CL as much as possible?

Malky

Established Member
Wont be surprised if he ends up at City. He's basically the type of player they are needing.(talented, hard working wide man, pace, English)
I cant see Wenger paying £30-£40m for him when we have Sanchez, OX, Welbeck and Özil all in that position with Gnabry coming through. We've already seen the problems with how unbalanced the team looks at times when Wenger tries to fit everyone in.

Iceman10

Established Member
I don't think the money is the problem, I think the lad wants to move. I agree with posters saying he doesn't really need to move as he's at a top club, but wouldn't an ambitious player want to play in the CL as much as possible?
If it was about being in the CL wouldn't he keep his head down to contribute as much as he can to Liverpool trying for fourth place while they have a chance, albeit a small chance? Seems a bit weird and Sterling hasn't really conducted himself well, esp. a few days before an important match for his club at the Emirates. I do think Brendan Rodgers playing him as a wing back hasn't helped, atrocious tactics against Man United for example.

redanddread

Haha. Robben is unattainable. Lavezzi is too hit and miss, he's also coming upto his 30th birthday. Sterling is much better than Pedro. Reus would be ideal, but it's soo unlikely.

If Theo were to leave, Sterling would be a very good signing. He's versatile, doesn't seem to pick up many injuries and is already adapted to the league. My only issue is it would kill Chamberlain. Wenger has already shown that Alexis and Özil play every game so it would essentially be Chamberlain, Sterling, Welbeck, Cazorla, Gnaby(?) all battling for that spot.

Also, forget about Sanogo and Akpom for next year, they'll be irrelevant.

Pedro's been frozen out at Barca and would be 28 this Summer but he's been a much more effective player than Sterling in his career. Sterling may have the potential but Pedro's done it and scored big, important goals in International, CL and domestic competitions.

Sterling is ****e on his left peg and fecks it up in front of goal too much at the moment. Give me Pedro over Sterling, the caveat being that Pedro's 28 & Sterling only 20.

Reus would be the ideal choice.

Wenger has said on many an occasion that he sees The Ox as a CM, however, the lad impresses more on the wing at present. Don't see a move for another wideman "killing" The Ox.

Sanogo & Akpom will be very much in Wenger's thoughts for next season, whether they'll make it at the club is another question. Both need the experience and game time at the top level, however, you wonder whether Sanogo really has the tools & Akpom really hasn't been tested at the highest level as yet.

redanddread

He'd fit Mourinho's style of high defensive workrate and counter attacking pretty well. Does Caudrado then get benched?

Maureen ain't averse to buying someone for big money & selling them soon after if something better comes his way. Cuadrado hasn't really been given much of a chance so far.

redanddread

If it was about being in the CL wouldn't he keep his head down to contribute as much as he can to Liverpool trying for fourth place while they have a chance, albeit a small chance? Seems a bit weird and Sterling hasn't really conducted himself well, esp. a few days before an important match for his club at the Emirates. I do think Brendan Rodgers playing him as a wing back hasn't helped, atrocious tactics against Man United for example.

He's been at Liverpool for a few years now and seen the type of players coming & going. The best ones have been leaving and if at 20 yrs old he's already considered the best player at the club then that makes him think whether Liverpool will ever have the quality to compete at the highest level.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why would a young player join Jose, especially an attacker? I mean he's not a great developer of such players. Sterling looks to be going there.

Also, you bash a player for his conduct, but what about weeks of stories against his character that Sterling has had to suffer? You have to hit back sooner or later.

I follow some local Liverpool boxers on twitter, they've been bashing Sterling for weeks, that city is pretty intense when you're in the situation Sterling is now in.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Have there been any Sterling shirt burning yet

hqdefault.jpg

ay_1111594381.jpg

torres_burn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom