• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Maybe, but its an odd criticism tbh since he was the third name mentioned.

No criticism as I actually don’t mind Pepe being included but it’s pretty unrealistic to have him part of our plans since he’s clearly not trusted by our manager.

Also, the other names you listed - Fabio Vieira will take some time adjusting to the PL and with the World Cup right in the middle of the season I fear Saka will be overused/fatigued, come the second half the season. The club may have to shift Jesus out wide and go for a CF now?

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
It’s a win, win either way for me.

One step closer to Teta’s ultimate fate. A real confidence blow after the player he’s “absolutely in love with” rejected the process.

Don’t worry Mik, Nico Pepe is still around.

:lol:
But if Arteta is so bad why are you worried about him getting a good player? Wouldn't it be better to get him so the new manager you're hoping would have him?

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
But if Arteta is so bad why are you worried about him getting a good player? Wouldn't it be better to get him so the new manager you're hoping would have him?

In theory you're right

In practice, his confidence would be destroyed after the Arteta experience and his skill would decrease after the inevitable mismanagement, like the current case with Pepe so not really.

The better approach would be to keep the money untouched so the new manager can use it, instead of having to deal with players ruined by Arteta.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not worried one bit about whether we got him or not, since I did say this a few pages back:

Would prefer if we get Raphinha tbh, so there aren’t any excuses.

There would be no free hits or excuses if the season fell apart once again.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
No criticism as I actually don’t mind Pepe being included but it’s pretty unrealistic to have him part of our plans since he’s clearly not trusted by our manager.

Also, the other names you listed - Fabio Vieira will take some time adjusting to the PL and with the World Cup right in the middle of the season I fear Saka will be overused/fatigued, come the second half the season. The club may have to shift Jesus out wide and go for a CF now?

I'm of the opinion that Martinelli will be tried again at CF this season, and Vieira can play there as well.

It appears to me that Arteta is stockpiling versatile players and actually testing this versatility - Martinelli has had good games at LWF and CF, Jesus all across the frontline, Vieira (yes in Portuguese league but also in CL) has played everywhere from 8, CF, RWF etc. ESR has played LWF and imo could do a job as a 10 if necessary, Saka has played everywhere from RWF, LWF, RWB, LB. Ødegaard appears to be the only major player amongst the front players who can only perform in one position.

Imo Jesus should be the main CF this season with depth coming from Martinelli/Vieira.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
In theory you're right

In practice, his confidence would be destroyed after the Arteta experience and his skill would decrease after the inevitable mismanagement, like the current case with Pepe so not really.

The better approach would be to keep the money untouched so the new manager can use it, instead of having to deal with players ruined by Arteta.
So you're basing this off Pepe's drop in performances which were not up to standard since he got here if you compare it to the season before he signed. Its all on Arteta now? We shouldn't get better players just because some of you are ao desperate to be proven right like you're getting paid for it.

Diesel

I'm of the opinion that Martinelli will be tried again at CF this season, and Vieira can play there as well.

It appears to me that Arteta is stockpiling versatile players and actually testing this versatility - Martinelli has had good games at LWF and CF, Jesus all across the frontline, Vieira (yes in Portuguese league but also in CL) has played everywhere from 8, CF, RWF etc. ESR has played LWF and imo could do a job as a 10 if necessary, Saka has played everywhere from RWF, LWF, RWB, LB. Ødegaard appears to be the only major player amongst the front players who can only perform in one position.

Imo Jesus should be the main CF this season with depth coming from Martinelli/Vieira.
Would prefer not to go on into season with eddie jesus duo lol

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
So you're basing this off Pepe's drop in performances which were not up to standard since he got here if you compare it to the season before he signed. Its all on Arteta now?

He topped the league assists table for us in 19-20, his first season. Arteta started to banish him to the EL when he still managed to deliver decent numbers and on this season he was pretty much sent to the shadow realm after our early cup exits

Don't see how it's not mostly on Arteta

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Champions league. Do they have someone better than Saka last season? Who is their star boy?
Are you being serious right now ? It's not even about who's better its about depth, you don't think saka will eventually break down playing every game ?, stop being a fanboy and use some logic.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Wild speculation but if the Everton having a few days to gather money is true and with Chelsea being out the race for Richarlison we should probably try to compete with Sp**s. They have all the leverage over Everton now and I'd much rather the media gloat about how Richarlison chose them over us rather than them getting him for way below market value.

I definitely rate Raphinha higher but Richarlison does tick a lot of boxes, actual LW, PL proven and more end product focused compared to Saka/G. Jesus

Diesel

Wild speculation but if the Everton having a few days to gather money is true and with Chelsea being out the race for Richarlison we should probably try to compete with Sp**s. They have all the leverage over Everton now and I'd much rather the media gloat about how Richarlison chose them over us rather than them getting him for way below market value.

I definitely rate Raphinha higher but Richarlison does tick a lot of boxes, actual LW, PL proven and more end product focused compared to Saka/G. Jesus
People dont seem to be sold on Richarldison. Think he would be great with a better team.

Legend14

Established Member
Are you being serious right now ? It's not even about who's better its about depth, you don't think saka will eventually break down playing every game ?, stop being a fanboy and use some logic.
Are you seriously paying 60m for depth at RW. Are you an Arsenal fan historically or did you move over from City, Chelsea, United? 60m is a starter at Arsenal, without question. Where do you move star-boy, player of the year x2, Saka?

You need to join this reality. We do not have that type of budget for depth, as you can see, so we’ll need to be a little smarter.

Lets hear your logic..backed by an Arsenal budget.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Not worried one bit about whether we got him or not, since I did say this a few pages back:

There would be no free hits or excuses if the season fell apart once again.
Now Arteta lovers will use the excuse of Edu not giving him his players, no support so he can't get top4 with his signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom