• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we manage to get our 5 targets our transfer spend will be well over 150m i feel we sure getting good money from few sales it could help if we get 50M from Bellerin Pepe Leno Torreira AMN and Mari and I'm being cheap with it because i feel we'll get very little from sales as usual would make this major spending doesn't seem excessive.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Something just doesn't seem right.

All weekend, all we heard was Arsenal readying new Lisandro offer. Then today, there are more links of him to Utd than Arsenal.

Today, it's all about Raphinha for Arsenal. Same hype as Lisandro at the weekend. Potentially just agents drumming up interest?

The thing with signing Raphinha is that would mean Vieira becomes 3rd option for RW? So has he just been signed to cover Ødegaard? Or is he seen as a player who can play LCM? Even then, we are still linked with Tielemans.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

But, but, it's a waste of money when we have Martinelli and ESR for the left providing their 8 goals and 5 assists between them. :lol:
Raphinha improves our first 11 regardless if people want to admit that fact.
People complain about City and their options. City started the season with Mahrez, Grealish, Sterling, Foden, Jesus, Silva and Torres all capable of playing outwide. Some could play in midfield also.

Is that too dissimilar to what we are looking to build? A versatile attack? Pep managed to give them all decent minutes there should be no issue with us doing the same over a long season - especially with 5 subs quality depth becomes all the more important.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seems the clubs pushing for this guy. Think Saka looks like he'd be more comfortable than Raphinha on the left, so think he'll be moving out there, which isn't ideal imo.

At the end of the day though, this bloke is a top player, and has every chance of being elite at a top club. Very exciting signing if we can pull it off.

blrgooner

Established Member
Raphinha is the most exciting of all the players we are linked with for me... Brilliant player who is really ready to explode in a big way in the coming years. Raphinha instead of Pepe would be amazing.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Raphinha is the most exciting of all the players we are linked with for me... Brilliant player who is really ready to explode in a big way in the coming years. Raphinha instead of Pepe would be amazing.
Most exciting but probably needed the least from the players we are linked with. If he was more of a goalscorer i'd say he'd be a gamechanging signing, but as it stands, its just a really exciting one because he's fun to watch.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
As much as we mock Hagn for his tweet, i did think at the time it was odd how Arteta went out of his way to pat Raphinha on the back as he was substituted, not only Arteta, but Air Pod Albert too. Almost as if they'd been in dialogue over a move for a while.

blrgooner

Established Member
Most exciting but probably needed the least from the players we are linked with. If he was more of a goalscorer i'd say he'd be a gamechanging signing, but as it stands, its just a really exciting one because he's fun to watch.
Yeah i get that. We would still need a goal scorer, but i think he improves the rest of the team so much that jesus/nketiah/martinelli should be able to score enough over a season.
Also,Man City and Liverpool scored almost 100 goals a season without having a classic goalscorer. I think raphinha has it in him to do a Salah in the right system.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Yeah i get that. We would still need a goal scorer, but i think he improves the rest of the team so much that jesus/nketiah/martinelli should be able to score enough over a season.
Also,Man City and Liverpool scored almost 100 goals a season without having a classic goalscorer. I think raphinha has it in him to become a Salah in the right system.
Salah, Mane, Jota, Sterling are absolutely goalscorers. Raphinha is more a creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom