• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,472,544

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not long left now but I’d be more worried if we didn’t have any targets identified for all these positions (midfield still worries me a bit).

TornadoTed

Established Member
I am so glad that the transfer window shuts before the season starts, it does my head in when the the few weeks of the season are overshadowed by transfer activity. In what other business would you start a project without the team in place, hoping that it can be added to part way through!

I would like it to go one step further, bin the January window and shut 31st July so that all teams have their squads sorted for the whole season and prepared before the first kick off. Either that or allow transfers all year round at any time, the whole deadline day circus is getting pretty tired.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not long left now but I’d be more worried if we didn’t have any targets identified for all these positions (midfield still worries me a bit).

That is true. Chances that Tierney would've been able to go on tour due to his injury would've been slim anyway. Zaha still at AFCON so he wont be ready for the first game regardless.

I'm still expecting only two more and maybe one on loan.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mavropanos is with the travelling squad, can't be that injured. Robbie Burton and Bellerin also with the squad.

Thats my captain, injured and still travelling <3

Youngsters who have travelled -

Martinelli
Olayinka
Thompson
Robbie Burton
Saka
Nelson
Nketiah
ESR
John Jules
Willock
Medley

11 youngsters and 14 first team players.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mavropanos is with the travelling squad, can't be that injured. Robbie Burton and Bellerin also with the squad.

Martinelli
Olayinka
Thompson
Robbie Burton
Saka
Nelson
Nketiah
ESR
John Jules
Willock

10 youngsters and 15 first team players.

No Amaechi. Wow.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I know you can't look at thinks in a black and white kind of way, but we've sold 0 dissapointing players from last year's squad, and we have signed 0 first team players. wtf.

Most people on this forum wanted at least 3 players like Mustafi, Elneny, Jenko sold as well as sign 3-4 first squad players.

We've got it all to do in the last 4 weeks to consider this a succesful window, and regardless as to whether we do it or not, some of the players we bring in wont even have a pre season with us. We are 100% dropping points at the beginning of the season because of this, we see it every ****ing year.

FluffyDoozi

Martinelli
Olayinka
Thompson
Robbie Burton
Saka
Nelson
Nketiah
ESR
John Jules
Willock
Medley

11 youngsters and 14 first team players.
Guess this confirm that Bielik won't be here next season. Maybe Amaechi too which is a shame. Hope it's loans for both of them.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
db51467ed06ff27ed6349c18649118ea.jpg

Better view. Torreira, Guendouzi, Elneny and Iwobi the only absentees. Even without Kosc we'll be selling Chambers/Mustafi before we buy another CB.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

When you count that list we have 16-17 first team players plus holding. We are way short depth wise let alone 1st 11.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
db51467ed06ff27ed6349c18649118ea.jpg

Better view. Torreira, Guendouzi, Elneny and Iwobi the only absentees. Even without Kosc we'll be selling Chambers/Mustafi before we buy another CB.

More than the supposedly 25 man limit. I thought it strange that a club would've limited to the amount they can take on tour. Surely can take whoever they want.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
When you count that list we have 16-17 first team players plus holding. We are way short depth wise let alone 1st 11.

Yes looking at it like that is slightly worrying.

• Keepers we're fine.
  • Right backs could do with backup to Hector but if he's gonna be back early not as big of a problem
  • CB's wise numbers we're fine. Quality not so much. Ideal world Mustafi/Chambers out for a proper CB. But 5 on the books atm.
  • Left back we obviously want Tierney so Monreal or Kolasinac likely to go because we won't keep 3 IF we get Tierney.
  • CM is weird, if Elneny goes then bring one in, if not then we have too many numbers along with Willock who needs game time.
  • Desperate for first team wingers, we have none.
  • Fine at CAM unless Mikky/Özil are miraculously sold.
  • Strikers obviously fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom