• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Rob Holding (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Bought him for 2m. Sell him for a profit and keep things moving. I reckon he could get himself a move to a decent Prem team and build a career.

Palace, Watford, Villa, Bournemouth, Brighton, Sheff United type move.

I'd love to use him as a makeweight for a Grealish (not his biggest fan), Dunk, Ake, Zaha or Dacoure.

Even a decent money sale in installments. We got 10m for Bielik. Holding should fetch a decent fee.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Bought him for 2m. Sell him for a profit and keep things moving. I reckon he could get himself a move to a decent Prem team and build a career.

Palace, Watford, Villa, Bournemouth, Brighton, Sheff United type move.

I'd love to use him as a makeweight for a Grealish (not his biggest fan), Dunk, Ake, Zaha or Dacoure.

Even a decent money sale in installments. We got 10m for Bielik. Holding should fetch a decent fee.
Don't mention Zaha and players like that lol, we won't have the money to get him and he isn't what we need tbh, would rather Richarlison

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
If we sold Holding i think it will be a a mistake along the lines of Gnabry and Bennacer.

Holding was in superb form when he earned his way to the first team (in particular the FA matches against City and Chelsea). Been unfortunate with injuries. I'd keep Holding ahead of Luiz and Mustafi.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
If we sold Holding i think it will be a a mistake along the lines of Gnabry and Bennacer.

Holding was in superb form when he earned his way to the first team (in particular the FA matches against City and Chelsea). Been unfortunate with injuries. I'd keep Holding ahead of Luiz and Mustafi.
No it wouldn't, those 2 went on to big clubs, Holding likely to go to Bournemouth or West Ham clubs like that would be perfect for him

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I feel Holding needs to gets a consistent run of games. There can be a very good CB for us in there. Don't know why we haven't sent him on loan somewhere.

I think he might benefit from being educated by Arteta. Our defenders haven't been properly coached in years. Look what he did to Mustafi.

Mitch

No it wouldn't, those 2 went on to big clubs, Holding likely to go to Bournemouth or West Ham clubs like that would be perfect for him

They left for non big clubs in Werder Bremen and Empoli then earned moved to big clubs with their peformances. I can see Holiding doing exatly the same only this time a rival would reap the awards.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
They left for non big clubs in Werder Bremen and Empoli then earned moved to big clubs with their peformances. I can see Holiding doing exatly the same only this time a rival would reap the awards.
What do you see in him mate ? He's raw defensively and when he's on the ball in our own area he nearly gives me heart attacks

Mitch

What do you see in him mate ? He's raw defensively and when he's on the ball in our own area he nearly gives me heart attacks

I think Holding is well rounded; reads the game well, good positional awareness and anticipation. Comfortable on ball and strong in aerial challenges. What he does possess which is extremely rare is it seems leadership, constantly communicating with his teammates on the pitch.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Holding well rounded; reads the game well, good positional awareness and anticipation. Comfortable on ball and strong in aerial challenges. What he does possess which is extremely rare is it seems leadership, constantly communicating with his teammates on the pitch.

I don't see it. Never have to be honest. The only area he is semi competent in is winning aerial duels. All of his good performances have come in a back three with a safety net.

Holding is one of those players who gets an easy ride by the fan base. A Jenkinson and Chambers type who has endless time to show his ability. It is always he has promise, just give him a loan, he will improve. People ignore the errors or near misses. There have been so many times where he almost gives a goal away. It just doesn't come to fruition. Even in the fa cup final against Chelsea, he made two glaring mistakes that didn't result in goals and got forgotten. Chambers got absolutely roasted by Montero. That is career ending. Yet we still give him a chance?

Add to the fact that pretty much every other youth player gets a hard time after 1 bad game. He will never make it hear and so on. Look at the criticism of a Willock. Someone who is literally head and shoulders above Holding or Chambers in talent and potential.

It's the dream of a Tony Adams, Mr Arsenal, tall old fashioned, slow, reading of the game that make Arsenal fans wet themselves over that profile of player.

**** that. Give me the next Ferdinand. That is the type of defender I want.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
It's funny how you say don't mention Zaha because we won't have the money, then go on to mention Richarlison who would cost a fair bit more.
Naw what I meant was if we had the money and was to buy a forward I'd buy Richarlison over Zaha

TornadoTed

Established Member
Don't mention Zaha and players like that lol, we won't have the money to get him and he isn't what we need tbh, would rather Richarlison

I don't get his post at all. Richarlison would cost significantly more than Zaha, so if we don't have the money for Zaha we have absolutely no chance with Richarlison.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I don't get his post at all. Richarlison would cost significantly more than Zaha, so if we don't have the money for Zaha we have absolutely no chance with Richarlison.
What I mean is most of our fans think Zaha would be a dream signing for me Richarlison would. If we sell Auba I would buy Richarlison over Zaha all day. Selling Auba is the only chance we have of signing a player like that

Mitch

Chambers montero peformance career ending? It was one bad peformance, Bellerin and Luiz are poor in most matches.

Chambers was our best defender the first part of this season, excellent at RB and played well at CB just before his injury (which in my opinon was the biggest blow to our season).

English players aren't given more of chance than other players at this club (this might be true at other clubs). The majority of the time it's the opposite with us and they are underrated ( Ox and Walcott peformances here come to mind and OTT criticism of Nelson, Nketiah and Willock).

You only have to look at rumours thread to see how a lot people on this forum react negatively towards a possible transfer of a great English talents such Maddison and Grealish. Whilst a limited clogger like Ndidi or the very error prone Koulibaly are made out to be world beaters.

It's the posers and socical media influncers that seem to escape criticism with our fans such as Bellerin and Ramsey.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Chambers montero peformance career ending? It was one bad peformance, Bellerin and Luiz are poor in most matches.

Chambers was our best defender the first part season, excellent at RB and played well at CB just before his injury (which in my opinon was the biggest blow to pur season).

English players aren't given more of chance than other players at this club (this might be true at other clubs). The majority of the time it's the opposite with us and they are underrated ( Ox and Walcott peformances here come to mind).

You only have to look at rumours thread to see how a lot people on this forum react negatively towards a possible transfer of a great English talents such Maddison and Grealish. Whilst a limited clogger like Ndidi or the very error prone Koulibaly are made out to be world beaters.

It's the posers and socical media influncers that seem to escape criticism with our fans such as Bellerin and Ramsey.

I disagree. Chambers was average this season. Don't let assists fool you. He got a shot in the premier league based on his appearances in the Europa. Assists vs weak opposition. AMN is a far better right back and always will be. Chambers gets repeatedly turned inside his own box whether he is a right back or centre back.

I wasnt specifically speaking about English players. I was talking about the profile of player. I listed or youth players who are Arsenal English that do not escape criticism.

David Luiz is someone we know btw. We know he will have bad games and good games. We know his flaws. The same with Mustafi. The problem I have I that people believe Holding and Chambers have higher ceiling. They don't. You know who has a high ceiling? Saliba. Sell Sokratis, Mustafi, Chambers and Holding. Buy a left side defender to partner Saliba and keep Mari and Luiz.

I'd also argue that a fully fit Bellerin that hasn't been run into the ground and played with an ankle injury for half a season is a very very good right back. His performances this season should be discounted, he will be much stronger and fitter next season. He just needs a back up to cover him for 15 games a season so he doesn't burn out.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Looking at our list of CB's now in no particular order...

Luiz
Mustafi
Sokratis
Holding
Chambers
Mari (loan).

We need a huge cleanout seeing that list, only players I'd be keeping are Mari permanently, Chambers & perhaps Sokratis (not entirely sure) as an experienced backup. Luiz, Mustafi & Holding can all go.

Holding has time on his side in his defence, at this stage he's probably just not at the level we need, I'd say he's more to the skill of a lower PL club like Burnley, West Ham etc. or higher championship club. It's no secret that Mustafi has vastly improved under Arteta but I still want him out, he's not terrible but he's more suited to a better club in the Bundesliga, Serie A or La Liga imo. I wouldn't be surprised if Luiz retires in the next year or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom