• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

coleandclichy

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews.asp?newsid=153851" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpa ... sid=153851</a>

It seems Leeds have made an opening 500,000 pounds bid, which has been rejected. Arsenal want more money.

Just browse through the English Football section of tribalfootball.com to see the source.

If this happens I will be really annoyed. Smith has his head screwed on right and has fantastic quality, and has always stood out from the rest whilst playing youth-internationals for England. I though Quincy was a talent too but unlike Smith didn't have the right attitude, and now it looks like both are gone.

Smith is very talented, he would have looked brilliant alongside playing in the full Arsenal side, with Fabregas, Rosicky and Henry. A bit light-weight, but so is Lennon.

KingReyes

Established Member
Found a link for you.

Smith was supposed to be the next big thing coming through the acedemy.

What the **** happened?

HalliGoalie

Well he has no chance of making the first team at Arsenal with players such as Hleb and Rosicky ahead in the pecking order.

otfgoon

Established Member
I think he is a good player, just lacks that cutting edge in my opinion. Im sure he could be a good player.

sabret00the

Established Member
very good player, but lacks end product, it seems that may be his undoing, though a season of first team football could really do him wonders. will be really disappointed if he leaves.

hleb

Established Member
I thought the exit of quincy cemented who was being favored. I'll be pissed if Smith is sold. By far the best home grown youth product we have. Not even giving him a chance would be very dissapointing.

Thai Gunner

I guess if Wenger does let him go, it can only mean that Wenger doesn't believe that he can make it with us. There's no other to see this. A bit of shame really....after such high priases Wenger gave him a couple of years ago.

Sane__

hleb said:
I thought the exit of quincy cemented who was being favored. I'll be pissed if Smith is sold. By far the best home grown youth product we have. Not even giving him a chance would be very dissapointing.
He didn't even get a chance :cry:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i dont think he have enough potential for arsenal. for leeds yes. sell him away, he is injury prone.

I actually like Smith as technically he is very skillful, but to say that he has not been given a chance, is not entirely correct.

He is at Arsenal in training every day, or do we mean given a chance in terms of risk/liability/losing of points etc or worst of all a crimation on this forum, for not being good enough! :lol:

Viper

Established Member
I can't see him getting any game time tbh.

Ljungberg, Rosicky, Hleb, Reyes will all be used on the wings. I even think Walcott may be used there too.

AV Gooner

Viper said:
I can't see him getting any game time tbh.

Ljungberg, Rosicky, Hleb, Reyes will all be used on the wings. I even think Walcott may be used there too.

i still would like to see him get into the 1st team on his own terms next season, lets see him at arsenal before we cast him off

godfather

actually, I don't think he is good enough for Arsenal. I've been watched him a few games when he loaned out at Leicester. Yes he is very skillful but nothing else really. I was wondering if AW could sell Quincy then Smith's day at Arsenal are numbers, Cause he is not better than Quincy

kamikaze80

Established Member
i'm pretty certain he's better than quincy. anyone who can properly pass or shoot is better than quincy.

smith might be good to keep around for depth but if we get an offer that meets our valuation, its only fair to him to let him go, since he obviously will not start for us.

as for the "getting a chance" argument, thats purely up to wenger's assessment of the player. if he doesnt play, its because wenger has decided he doesnt merit the playing time. its up to the player to show he deserves to play.

we'd lose a lot of matches if we had to let all our youngsters conclusively show they dont belong by playing them. if that were the case, hell, i should go around complaining that i never got a chance to play for the 1st team.

F_Henry

He was initially loaned out because Arsène Wenger believed that reserve games were too easy for him.. Which clearly states that he's not just an average player, he's something special. If he goes to Leeds, I'd be very :( and :shock: . hopefully he stays because his pace and skill would be very usefull on the wide Emirates pitch. He will also add depth to our midfield given that Rosicky plays more of a central role.

Thai Gunner

F_Henry said:
He was initially loaned out because Arsène Wenger believed that reserve games were too easy for him.. Which clearly states that he's not just an average player, he's something special. If he goes to Leeds, I'd be very :( and :shock: . hopefully he stays because his pace and skill would be very usefull on the wide Emirates pitch. He will also add depth to our midfield given that Rosicky plays more of a central role.

True true. It'd be strange for Wenger to let him go to Leeds for the quoted amount, if he really rates smith that highly.

I think smith still has a chance to make it with us even though we have just signed Rosicky. I mean, with Ljungberg getting older and more injury prone and Reyes always hinting of moving back to Spain, IMO Smith still has a chance. I hope he's mentally tough and patient enough to grind it out with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom