• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Was exposed today, but that's what happens when you come up against the best pressing team in world football.

But the quality is there, this kid will be a mainstay in midfield in the coming years.

6666Louis

Great first half, moves around the field quickly. More involved both offensively and defensively than partey.

Horrendous first minutes of the second half, really put our entire team on the back good with 5 bad passes.

Already much better than Xhaka.

Would buy an Imposing midfielder. After a good striker

mpower2540

Think the criticism of Sambi is pretty harsh actually. I think the midfield and defence struggled because we had no counter threat. As usual we couldn’t get out or make it stick up front and ended up just dropping deep so we had no exit.

You’ve got to discourage these teams away from home or they’ll just swamp you. Inviting teams onto you is fine, not my preferred strategy, but it can be dangerous if you carry a threat. We just spent the game waiting to concede and when we did it was over. Personally I thought we needed more from Saka, ESR and Auba but the positional negativity is a real issue

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think the criticism of Sambi is pretty harsh actually. I think the midfield and defence struggled because we had no counter threat. As usual we couldn’t get out or make it stick up front and ended up just dropping deep so we had no exit.

You’ve got to discourage these teams away from home or they’ll just swamp you. Inviting teams onto you is fine, not my preferred strategy, but it can be dangerous if you carry a threat. We just spent the game waiting to concede and when we did it was over. Personally I thought we needed more from Saka, ESR and Auba but the positional negativity is a real issue
Understand that he’s a young prospect with loads of developing to do, already in the Belgium team etc.

But what do you see being his ‘superpower’ when he has developed? Just like with Douzi, I see a technically gifted player but I don’t see a standout attribute with him. That might just mean he’s going to develop into a very good all rounder tbf, but would be interesting to know what others see.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
As I said before, just don’t see it with this kid. Mediocre passing range, poor positioning, not a shooting threat and lacks defensive instincts.

On top of all that, he’s too casual on the ball and thinks he’s Iniesta with the ball at his feet. I may be proven wrong but he’s the most disappointing of our summer business by a considerable distance.

Alex Song was way worse and he turned out pretty good eventually. Lokonga was highly rated for a reason, he’s a kid from the Belgian league playing his first season in the PL. He just needs to man up a bit.

mpower2540

Understand that he’s a young prospect with loads of developing to do, already in the Belgium team etc.

But what do you see being his ‘superpower’ when he has developed? Just like with Douzi, I see a technically gifted player but I don’t see a standout attribute with him. That might just mean he’s going to develop into a very good all rounder tbf, but would be interesting to know what others see.
Personally, I don’t see one as of yet. I just felt he struggled mostly because of how negative we were and had no one really to link with. He’s composed and he tries to do the right things which in time and some maturity will serve him well to become a good player.

I’m on the fence about him right now, the YaYa Toure comparison by Kompany just felt like when Gerrard said something to the effect that Joe Cole was as skilled as Messi. It’s just words thrown together for impact rather than he actually believes them imo.

I’ve got no love for Guendouzi at all but he seems to be doing well at Marseille so good for him.

I just don’t know, you’re a product of your environment right so it’s no wonder so many questions are being raised about our talents when the way we play is so stifling.

However we certainly lack spark. Someone to be able to break a press or strike fear into the opposition with some unpredictability, I happen to lean towards that it’s missing from our squad right now but the coach isn’t really providing much solution either.

SK___

you buy the finished article if you’re actually competitive… or you get him & somebody older too, even sambi himself mentioned how suprised at how quickly he was playing first team football

starting a player of his profile each game all because alternate options are crap is pathetic to me… management worse than sheffield wednesday

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Sambi has done well at times, tbf to him though he wasn't supposed to be a starter just yet. People ask if AMN should be next to Partey but the reality is neither are good enough long term. We need a partner for Partey who is actually better than Partey. No idea who but that position and a top CF is needed ASAP.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Very raw and well out of his depth at the moment. Livepool funneled our possession into him when we played out of the back and it worked a treat.

I don't really rate AMN and suspect that he's exposed to as big of a sample size of matches as Lokonga has we'll see the cracks in him too, but you have to say just on the last few games AMN looks the better player...lower center of gravity and better balance and close control in resisting the press, better composure.

Really neither is good enough for a club of our stature as the partner for a player like Thomas who is not a natural orchestrator of play nor constructor from the back. But here we are.

Not gonna lie that AMN has raised my eyebrows in his last few performances and that if he keeps this up over a big sample I will owe you a big apology @MutableEarth . And would owe Arteta / Edu one too, tbf.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Sambi has done well at times, tbf to him though he wasn't supposed to be a starter just yet. People ask if AMN should be next to Partey but the reality is neither are good enough long term. We need a partner for Partey who is actually better than Partey. No idea who but that position and a top CF is needed ASAP.
I would actually say the opposite - we are banking on Sambi being a long term option but currently he's a 22 year old with about 6 games experience in the Premier League. The player we're seeing now is nowhere near the finished article and AMN has FAR more experience as it stands.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Sangaré / Kessie/ Zakaira we can get them easily but i prefer Kelvin Phillips

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Let’s be honest he should only be rotation as soon as xhak is back

I would start sounding out clubs that would take him on loan for next season

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Might have jumped the gun to early here. Im not sure I see anything that makes him better talent than Azeez.
Azeez looks a more natural talent / footballer to me.

That said Azeez not getting games at Portsmouth is worrying and his inability to stamp his authority on U23 matches was also a bit so.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Let’s be honest he should only be rotation as soon as xhak is back

I would start sounding out clubs that would take him on loan for next season
From one match? I blame social media everything nowadays is worthless unless you can microwave it. I’d rather have Sambi than Xhaka for sure at least Sambi doesn’t get red carded and by the way how many bad giveaways under pressure has Chaka had that resulted in goals. Are you telling me that Xhaka never played in the midfield of a blowout loss or something?

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom