• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sambi Lokonga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Lokonga is essentially replacing Ceballos and as much as I disliked Dani, you cannot guarantee that Lokonga is a massive upgrade. While I certainly wouldn't regard Neves as the defensive midfielder we've been crying out for either. The whole thing is very underwhelming. It's not a midfield that I can envisage pushing on for a top 4 challenge.
Hmm, I don't see him as a Ceballos replacement to be honest, more of a Elneny / Guendouzi replacement. In that regard this isn't a signing to help directly push for a top 4 challenge, which would be the signings for the starting line-up. He's brought in to be developed and play a rotation role I reckon. To improve on Elneny who has racked up quite some (undeserved) minutes last season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Alot of Belgian journalists predicts he'll be more an option behind Partey and give him competition. so between 3rd 4th choice. the starting midfielder will come to replace Xhaka is still we don't know who going to be. We still don't know what will happen with Willock too our current midfielders with Lokonga are Torreira Willock Partey Elneny. if Willock Torreira end up going we might even need 2 midfielders but i don't see it with no european football. it'll end up with Lokonga Elneny Partey new CM and Azeez.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

By James McNicholas
0 Comments
noS4DPWSeU7E_noS4DPWSeU7E_eoIP3MLUuNc0_original_1440x960.jpg

Arsenal are close to agreeing a deal with Anderlecht to sign Albert Sambi Lokonga.

The Athletic understands that preparations are being made for medical examinations in Belgium. As things stand, he is expected to undergo a period of isolation in the UK before being able to join in with training if a deal is done.

Who is Lokonga?​

The 21-year-old midfielder has been on Arsenal’s radar for some time.

In the last two seasons, he has made 50 first-team appearances in the Jupiler League, having overcome two knee injuries to make himself a firm favourite of Anderlecht manager Vincent Kompany.

Anderlecht may however be open to a sale: the Belgian club have suffered financial difficulties after failing to secure regular European football.

What has he said about leaving Anderlecht?​

“I will not go to a club which is inferior to Anderlecht,” Lokonga told the Belgian media last month.

“I will only leave Anderlecht if all the ingredients are there. Yes, I feel ready to take a step forward and rub shoulders with great players, but everything will depends on the proposals that will be made during this summer.”

Who else are Arsenal interested in?​

They have made a number of bids for Brighton and England defender Ben White this summer, although they have been rebuffed.

Arsenal are also closing in on a deal for Benfica left-back Nuno Tavares.

What other business have Arsenal done?​

Arsenal have let Matteo Guendouzi join Marseille on loan for the season.

They have also loaned Konstantinos Mavropanos to Stuttgart.

Legend14

Established Member
Young player, technical, two footed, good vision. Not very quick or particular fast. I don’t see him making much if a real impact this season. Potential, maybe.

I see him as a backup to Partey taking the roster spot vacated by Ceballos.

Yawn. We are simply wasting time again.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Young player, technical, two footed, good vision. Not very quick or particular fast. I don’t see him making much if a real impact this season. Potential, maybe.

I see him as a backup to Partey taking the roster spot vacated by Ceballos.

Yawn. We are simply wasting time again.
Arsenal are gonna eventually buy a whole 11 of back up players.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Your CAM is Willock who would hopefully score goals like he did at Newcastle, and in the Europa cup before being loaned out.

Willock is not a CAM, we tried him there and he looked awful, same as Ramsey and similar to the likes of Lampard and David Platt he is a CM who runs forward from deeper positions and gets on the end of things.
Receiving the ball high up the pitch in a static postion doesn't suit him, playing him there completely negates what makes him good.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We've seen multiple managers now try Willock at CAM, it doesn't work. He's not a CAM, he doesn't have the ability. He's a late runner from deep and a goalscoring mid.

Yeah I think it's clear that Willock isn't creative enough or good enough on the ball to really thrive at CAM in the traditional number 10 role.

He is essentially a £30-40m midfielder now though and I don't think we should be discounting him from the team all together. Needs a contract extension and then either another loan or I think he's ready to compete for a role in our midfield on the right side of a midfield 3 or 4. Signing Lokonga + Neves means it's less likely that he stays with Arsenal sadly because he won't get any game time

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm happy if this goes through. I like what I've seen of him in videos and I like that we are looking ahead by bringing in young players. Hopefully we bring in an experienced partner for Partey and an experienced AM to really upgrade our midfield. Ben White and a RB to complete the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom