• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Scott Parker

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Re: Scott Parker?

I do like Feillani's size and physicality, I also like Parkers drive and energy and both are good on the ball. Add both together and you get Yaya Toure! what a player!

The difference is i believe Parker would accept a squad role where Feillani may not.

fabo

6.51 / 10

truth_hurts said:
Adam is a typical example of big fish in a tiny pond a midtable player at best. Parker was unlucky at Chelsea and definitely good enough to have a squad role here.

Thing with Adam is that he needs people around him doing the donkey work, whereas we need more people putting that work in.

Parker was indeed unlucky at Chelsea, he arrived there in January of our unbeaten season after a strong first half at Charlton. And he slotted in well at Chelsea in that half a season, IIRC he was starting all their big CL games against us and Monaco and won Young POTY. Then Mourinho came that Summer and brought in Thiago who was then a starter with Lampard and Makelele, not forgetting Parker also got injured that season and was eventually sold.

I think people are still living in an age when Vieira was starting for us - right now it's Alex Song and we are finishing 4th in the PL. Parker is certainly good enough for us currently.

Raider

Established Member

I couldn't care less what Fellaini may want. You play for Everton mate.

You should be bending over backwards if the chance popped up at joining this great club. We shouldn't be running scared if a player may cause up a stir or not, we're bigger than you no matter how you look at it.

I don't want any player from a relegated club, coming here and accept being a sub. BLURGH makes me sick. I want players that will come in, make our current first teamers sub, which will ultimatley make the squad powerful and more competitive.

A player like Fellaini would glavanize the squad. Thrust more confidence in someone like Jack and Fabregas to do what they do best

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

fabo said:
truth_hurts said:
Adam is a typical example of big fish in a tiny pond a midtable player at best. Parker was unlucky at Chelsea and definitely good enough to have a squad role here.

Thing with Adam is that he needs people around him doing the donkey work, whereas we need more people putting that work in.

Parker was indeed unlucky at Chelsea, he arrived there in January of our unbeaten season after a strong first half at Charlton. And he slotted in well at Chelsea in that half a season, IIRC he was starting all their big CL games against us and Monaco and won Young POTY. Then Mourinho came that Summer and brought in Thiago who was then a starter with Lampard and Makelele, not forgetting Parker also got injured that season and was eventually sold.

Puts things very much in perspective Fabo. Parker made a good start to life at Chelsea but times there changed very quickly and he made a wrong move to Newcastle.

Raider although I agree to a degree with your post you also contradict yourself a little on one hand you say a player like Felliani shouldn't come here demanding starts yet on the other hand suggest a player like Parker shouldn't be content with a squad role - why not? there are plenty of quality players in Europe who have to as it's the nature of modern football.

I think people are still living in an age when Vieira was starting for us - right now it's Alex Song and we are finishing 4th in the PL. Parker is certainly good enough for us currently.

Vela

Established Member

Parker is going to leave West Ham and we should be going for him IMO. He is the type of player we are missing and would help out defensively.

Vela

Established Member

A guy on twitter @WestHamFootball its not offical West Ham twitter account. Said this below about Parker I know its twitter, I doubt its true.

Has a deal been done to sell Scotty Parker to Arsenal? That's what a source tells me. Rather Arsenal than Sp**s anyday!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

i think if parker will come to us more then spuds cuz spuds had too many midfielders and we will sell at least 3 midfielders looks like so for that parker will rather come here

ricky1985

Established Member

fabo said:
[/quote]
Parker is certainly no mug, and it's a good point you make about Song and the current state of things, but how do we get back to being the very best if we don't go out and bring the best players to the club?

Is Parker really going to make that much of a difference over Alex Song? Really? And I'm not a big Song fan at all, there are some things that I honestly can't stand about him and I think we can do much better there, but is Parker really much better?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Vela said:
A guy on twitter @WestHamFootball its not offical West Ham twitter account. Said this below about Parker I know its twitter, I doubt its true.

Has a deal been done to sell Scotty Parker to Arsenal? That's what a source tells me. Rather Arsenal than Sp**s anyday!
Might be time to ban twitter sources/itks. :wink:

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

With our current formation, Parker is not going to replace Song anyways. Wilshere and Parker will not cut it physically anymore than Noble and Parker worked for Westham. We should be getting stronger and more mobile not more mobile and weaker. Parker's best position is exactly what Jack's role is for us at the moment.

Kraig

Established Member

scott parker is a great player, just seems ALOT of Arsenal fans have a sense of delusion at times. he would improve our squad easily. would get a fair number of games, id even say he'd take Songs place.

Drive, passion, leadership, solid. All things we are missing. Hes also technically good, scores goals, can create, good tackler.

Too English for most on here i guess, but id take him in a heartbeat. Exactly the sort of player we're missing, that clubs like united, chelsea, citeh and even barca & madrid have.

DK Gooner

ricky1985 said:
fabo said:
Parker is certainly no mug, and it's a good point you make about Song and the current state of things, but how do we get back to being the very best if we don't go out and bring the best players to the club?

Is Parker really going to make that much of a difference over Alex Song? Really? And I'm not a big Song fan at all, there are some things that I honestly can't stand about him and I think we can do much better there, but is Parker really much better?[/quote]

I actually think Parker is a more consistent player than Song especially for a season-long campaign. I have my doubts about Song as I believe he only has one gear and is effective when the whole team has the upper-hand, but does not have the ability/mindset to change the game positively when the team is on the back-foot. Technically Song has got better, but I'm not convinced that this improvement is sufficient with his style of play to rely on him as a starter. IMO, Parker will bring a style more akin to Flamini to our midfield and the higher tempo will aid our possession based defensive style a lot better than Song. It is difficult to say that one is a definite improvement over the other with conjecture and the absence of real proof, but IMO Parker would improve the team in areas we are evidently deficient. He has significant PL experience, has captained both Newcastle and West Ham and his time at that end of the table I believe should give him a desire to make the most of his next opportunity.

dpt49

Established Member

As long as Parker is a replacement for Denilson, I think it is a great signing.

But if Wenger says that he is one of our big signings in the transfer window, that would be unnacceptable.

If he has any ambition about improving on this season,Wenger has to make two top quality signings plus Parker and another squad player, is a minimum, but I am not convinced this will happen

Kraig

Established Member

Scott Parker would be a quality signing. To suggest anything else is daft.

dpt49

Established Member

Kraig said:
Scott Parker would be a quality signing. To suggest anything else is daft.
He would be a great signing, as long as Wenger doesn't try and tell us that he is the big signing of the transfer window.
As I said, Wenger needs two top quality signings to go with Parker, not Parker being on of them.
Remember we haven't had a ready made big name player come here in recent seasons, apart from Arshavin, it is about time he started improving the squad rather than dismantling it

Vela

Established Member

I want Parker at Arsenal but I dont think AW will try get him because of his age. He does not normally sign players around the age of 30.

Kraig

Established Member

I think Parker would be one of the big signings. Statement of intent n'all. i agree he shouldnt be the only marquee signing, but i just get annoyed at gooners who think we're above a quality player like scott parker. hes better than song so he'd be first 11 straight away.

dpt49

Established Member

Kraig said:
I think Parker would be one of the big signings. Statement of intent n'all. i agree he shouldnt be the only marquee signing, but i just get annoyed at gooners who think we're above a quality player like scott parker. hes better than song so he'd be first 11 straight away.
I certainly agree with that

fabo

6.51 / 10

kofigunner said:
With our current formation, Parker is not going to replace Song anyways. Wilshere and Parker will not cut it physically anymore than Noble and Parker worked for Westham. We should be getting stronger and more mobile not more mobile and weaker. Parker's best position is exactly what Jack's role is for us at the moment.

Jack is deeper than Song at times, both are playing box-to-box so Parker could definitely play with Jack.

fabo

6.51 / 10

ricky1985 said:

The top midfielders will be overpriced and probably won't offer value for money in Wenger's eyes. Give me a higher calibre player any day but it's not realistic.

Is Parker really going to make that much of a difference over Alex Song? Really? And I'm not a big Song fan at all, there are some things that I honestly can't stand about him and I think we can do much better there, but is Parker really much better?

I think Parker is more mobile, more agile and has better recovery pace. IMO he would represent good value for money and we'd get 2/3 good seasons out of him. One big problem for me is the lack of urgency in our pressing higher up the field(a big factor if we are to play high line, seeing Fulham rape that line home and away was disgraceful really). We also lack experience and leadership in this area.

We absolutely have to stop giving a free ride to players like Song, Clichy and others who are guaranteed a starting place with little competition while they show little or no improvement(arguably regression). Song had a nice bit of form in spells between the end of 08/09 and first half of 09/10, since then 18 months of mediocrity. Sickening that we rely on this guy so heavily.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom