• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Scott Parker

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Re: Scott Parker?

Vela said:
I want Parker at Arsenal but I dont think AW will try get him because of his age. He does not normally sign players around the age of 30.

gun__1282895398_squillaci3.jpg

silvestre.jpg

Are there any learn French in 24 hours tapes available?

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

We probably stand in good stead to buy him (if we are interested) as its basically us or Liverpool. Theres no way WHU will sell to the spuds, certainly not after the whole Stadium thing, and us means Parker doesnt have to relocate whilst getting European football.

I like Parker and this off-season is about us improving the team and Parker does just that, in my opinion.

Vela

Established Member

Some of the journalists on twitter say we want him but dont know how reliable they are.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

fabo said:
kofigunner said:
With our current formation, Parker is not going to replace Song anyways. Wilshere and Parker will not cut it physically anymore than Noble and Parker worked for Westham. We should be getting stronger and more mobile not more mobile and weaker. Parker's best position is exactly what Jack's role is for us at the moment.

Jack is deeper than Song at times, both are playing box-to-box so Parker could definitely play with Jack.
. Granted that Jack plays deeper sometimes but that's not the usual or should not be the default mode. It's not a matter of whether they could play together or not. For me it's that we'll be seriously vertically challenged in the middle and we may be able to get away with that in Europe somewhat, but not in the premiership. That's why I can't see Scott Parker walking into the starting 11 unless it's at the expense of Jack barring a formation change or some other major change. I like Scott Parker, I just can't seem him starting most games in the prem without the changes I talked about.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

truth_hurts said:
Flamini/Cesc anybody? not exactly the tallest ever mid.
With Gilberto playing behind them. Actually not just Gilberto, sometimes they played with Lassana Diarra or Diaby. Besides we were much more fluid then :-(. Reviewing some of our games we sometimes did play small and quick. I'm not fundamentally opposed to a Wilshere/Parker tandem sometimes, I just struggle to figure how we can cope with some of those really big teams. Another thing when Flamini was around was that(my memories might be rose-coloured) Cesc was doing more tackling and was less advanced than he is now.

qs

Established Member

Flamini and Cesc didn't play with any one behind them except the defender. We played 4-4-2 then.

VancouverCanuck

kofigunner said:
truth_hurts said:
Flamini/Cesc anybody? not exactly the tallest ever mid.
With Gilberto playing behind them. Actually not just Gilberto, sometimes they played with Lassana Diarra or Diaby. Besides we were much more fluid then :-(. Reviewing some of our games we sometimes did play small and quick. I'm not fundamentally opposed to a Wilshere/Parker tandem sometimes, I just struggle to figure how we can cope with some of those really big teams. Another thing when Flamini was around was that(my memories might be rose-coloured) Cesc was doing more tackling and was less advanced than he is now.
Ideally, we should buy a big, stronger player who is physically imposing, an exceptional tackler, and also a leader. But I don't see any proven player available who fits the bill. Scott Parker is far from ideal. He is one piece of the puzzle to get us over the line, but an important piece. I think his drive and leadership ability will greatly benefit us. As for tall players, I know Diaby is not the most popular player but I see him as an important squad player. I don't think there is one player available who can turn this team around (we need 4 players at least).

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ron Burgundy said:
qs is right. We played 4-4-2 with a midfield of Hleb, Cesc, Flamini and Rosicky.
I stand corrected then. However it still proves the point that we'll probably have to adjust our formation to accomodate Scott Parker starting.

Floating

Established Member

VancouverCanuck said:
Ideally, we should buy a big, stronger player who is physically imposing, an exceptional tackler, and also a leader. But I don't see any proven player available who fits the bill.

Mamadou Diarra (maybe a crock, hasn't played regularly at the top level in a while)? Cheik Tiote (not much bigger than Parker, and not exactly a vocal leader, but a dynamo that leads by example)?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Floating said:
VancouverCanuck said:
Ideally, we should buy a big, stronger player who is physically imposing, an exceptional tackler, and also a leader. But I don't see any proven player available who fits the bill.

Mamadou Diarra (maybe a crock, hasn't played regularly at the top level in a while)? Cheik Tiote (not much bigger than Parker, and not exactly a vocal leader, but a dynamo that leads by example)?

Would love a move for Tiote to be honest. Am very much sold on Parker but a midfield battler with premiership experience in Tiote would be great. How old is he?

Pies

Would be a very big signing for us, would add so much to us.
Surely there will be quite a few clubs after him so I imagine his price will inflate quite a bit. Not sure if this one will happen.

Floating

Established Member

truth_hurts said:
Floating said:
VancouverCanuck said:

Would love a move for Tiote to be honest. Am very much sold on Parker but a midfield battler with premiership experience in Tiote would be great. How old is he?

He's young! He'll be 25 in June. Perfect signing, if you ask me. The only issue that during the ACN, both of our defensive midfielders will be gone...

GOONER1991

Established Member

Floating said:
truth_hurts said:
Floating said:

He's young! He'll be 25 in June. Perfect signing, if you ask me. The only issue that during the ACN, both of our defensive midfielders will be gone...

Tiote is good, but the downsides are, as you said, we'd lose both our DMs in January during the ACN, while we severely lack leadership on the pitch, something that Parker will bring to us.

GOONER1991

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/192792/Arsenal-pull-out-over-Scott-Parker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... tt-Parker/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure what to think of this. No quotes, but the report seems quite legit, as in, if it was made up, you'd think they would just continue with the Parker to Arsenal stories which have been doing the rounds, and the reasons that are given for Wenger pulling out are quite legit.

karl

I wouldn't be disappointed at missing out on Parker. Wenger would be right to be concerned about even more injury prone players with our squad. Also he is not getting any younger and will be 31 early next season.

fabo

6.51 / 10

I bet in Wenger's mind we are set in midfield. No wonder we are winning nothing every season.

Diaby will be fit next season and Ramsey is like a new signing.

Martens

fabo said:
I bet in Wenger's mind we are set in midfield. No wonder we are winning nothing every season.

Diaby will be fit next season and Ramsey is like a new signing.

Not to mention a top tier backup for Song in Frimpong.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom