• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Signings You're Glad We Never Made

Godwin1

Very well-known
I remember we offered a trial to Tomas Danilevičius, scored a nice goal against Barcelona in a friendly and I was pretty excited about signing him but it fell through becuase he had a dodgy passport. He went on to achieve nothing of note for the rest of his career.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
I remember we offered a trial to Tomas Danilevičius, scored a nice goal against Barcelona in a friendly and I was pretty excited about signing him but it fell through becuase he had a dodgy passport. He went on to achieve nothing of note for the rest of his career.

Judging by the tone of this post and the fact i'd totally forgotten who he was I would have thought he'd slipped into total obscurity, but I googled and it turns out he's the top Lithuanian goalscorer of all time and signed for Parma as little as 3 years ago.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Judging by the tone of this post and the fact i'd totally forgotten who he was I would have thought he'd slipped into total obscurity, but I googled and it turns out he's the top Lithuanian goalscorer of all time and signed for Parma as little as 3 years ago.
Yeah he did achieve success nationally to be fair to him, top all time scorer for his country. His club career didn't go so well though. He didn't make an appearance for Parma as far as I can tell and spent most of his career in seria b.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
3793024-9159312800-37743.gif
Golden..

Amsterdam Gooner 88

Was he? He had one season at City (pre-arabs) and then left so I assumed he flopped.
Maaaaan, i just came here to have a laugh about **** players who were not considered to be **** by some people at some point but who turned out to be pretty **** after all.

I was not expecting to see the name Hatem Trabelsi pop up. That guy was such a beast of a right back at Ajax. Convinced he could have been a world class player in one of the international top leagues if his body wouldn't have let him down. Clubs were too hesitant to sign him because he had extremely thin cartilage in his knees. Sometimes he even had holes in his cartilage. Ended his career at the age of 30.

What a team we had back then. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart, Hatem Trabelsi, Maxwell, Christian Chivu, Nigel de Jong etc. Those were good times.

1) Which almost signings/heavily rumoured player are you happy we dodged?

Jimmy Bullard, Stephen Ireland, Stephen Ireland's hairpiece, Roque Santa Cruz, Ganso, Pato, Zarate, Fran "next Fabregas" Merida (failed to extend his contract), Aly Cissokho's mug

BobP

Memri Fan
Kewell wasn't that bad, especially at the price that was being touted.

Just ridiculously injury prone.

Attention seeking much?

You know what you did mate, trolled the lobby to a point where hardly anyone posted. It's not hard to look at DenisIclands posts and figure out that they are you.

Again I'm not DennisIcland. He must have hurt you very badly. It saddens me to be compared to him. I have done nothing wrong to you. You must be very broken and hurt mate.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom